unnamed pro scout loves MCW | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

unnamed pro scout loves MCW

I know he's primarily been a PG until a few years ago, and he's been playing SG since, so that would mean they would both be switching positions right?

Don't be surprised if MCW is announced as the starting 2G.

He may end up there but it sure as hell isn't where he belongs. He is a better creator than Triche in the little time he's had out there. That's not meant as a knock on Brandon.

Brandon Triche is Brandon Triche...MCW is going to be an NBA star. Would be a shame if JB stunted his growth, taking him off the ball.

I really like both of them, but MCW is a better passer (imo), and this is the kid that put his assist/to ratio as his main part of his game to work on since he was a junior in hs. And if it really didn't matter, then why would JB announce a position switch?
And MCW can't pass if he plays 2G?? :noidea:

Brandon Triche is Brandon Triche...MCW is going to be an NBA star. Would be a shame if JB stunted his growth, taking him off the ball.
It would be a shame (and surprising) if showcasing specific players for the NBA ever became JB's priority over winning college basketball games.

You are aware that our 6th man just went 4th in the NBA draft right?

Someone has to make a position change.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't it be (hypothetically speaking) easier for the more experienced player to change positions? Since they've been around longer?

Therefore, wouldn't it make more sense for Triche to play 2G and MCW to play point? Not to mention, I think it's a better fit for both of them?

What's not true about that?

He was a PG and starter as a frosh and played probably 1/2 his minutes at PG the past 2 years only because Scoop was a PG only and couldn't play the 2. But BT is and has been a PG.

give the keys to mcw!

Agree.

I hear what people are saying about "a guard is a guard" in our system, but you can't tell me that Scoop didn't play a different role than BT and Dion last year. When the half court offense stalled, he was the one that retrieved the ball and got us back into our sets. Scoop brought the ball up the floor against pressure. I want MCW to play that role this year because he's a better distributor and I think he'll be our best decision-maker (high bball IQ).

Brandon will have plenty of opportunities to make plays, but MCW has more of a PG mentality and I want him initiating our offense as much as possible.

He was a PG and starter as a frosh and played probably 1/2 his minutes at PG the past 2 years only because Scoop was a PG only and couldn't play the 2. But BT is and has been a PG.

I get that he used to be a pg. all I'm saying is if it was announced that BT was now the starting pg, that would be a position change as he is right now our starting sg

As JB often says he has guards, take away the point and shooting label. People get way to excited in arguing about the differences. Next year our guards will be one of our strengths, and definitely not a weakness like some have predicted. Oh and I will maintain my stance that MCW will be a lottery pick in the '13 draft.

Maybe the 6'2 is a typo that got past the editors, but if not, no one actually familiar with MCW could think that. Also, Gottlieb oddly refers to him as "scoring" point guard; he in no way plays like a score-first point from what I have seen.

did you watch him in hs?

JB played MCW on the right side of the court last year and Triche on the left. I am not sure if that is JB's way of forshading whats to come or not.

But, I think we will see Rak on the right side at PF and more of CJ on the left.
I always had the impression we saw alot of CJ on the right side of the court last year because Dion was always driving on the left. And CJ was always able to rotate to the left because KJO played so far out on the perimeter.

I find it hard to imagine us putting our two best scorers on the same side of the court though next year. Especially considering how unproven at scoring Rak and MCW were last year. That would Muzzle MCW to throw high entry passes to rak or DC2 on the right block and always be looking to the left while the defenses know he will be. I think throwing crosscourt long entry passes and being able to look right or left to CJ and triche on the perimeter with their half court transition scoring abilites makes alittle more sense. Imo, it will also show off MCW's awesome window passing abilities more also.

If Triche ends up on the right side of the court for a reason like this, some will mistake him as playing point guard from day one if he doesn't come out with a aggressive look to score attitude. Dion did more driving then scoop last year, and he clearly was the SG in that lineup.

Nobody sticks to keeping the PF on the right, sf on the left, sg on the right, and PG on the left like JB. Nobody. If you look back the last 10 years you would proabably see the same pattern almost every season. Would love to see a graph on it.

JB played MCW on the right side of the court last year and Triche on the left. I am not sure if that is JB's way of forshading whats to come or not.

But, I think we will see Rak on the right side at PF and more of CJ on the left.
I always had the impression we saw alot of CJ on the right side of the court last year because Dion was always driving on the left. And CJ was always able to rotate to the left because KJO played so far out on the perimeter.

I find it hard to imagine us putting our two best scorers on the same side of the court though next year. Especially considering how unproven at scoring Rak and MCW were last year. That would Muzzle MCW to throw high entry passes to rak or DC2 on the right block and always be looking to the left while the defenses know he will be. I think throwing crosscourt long entry passes and being able to look right or left to CJ and triche on the perimeter with their half court transition scoring abilites makes alittle more sense. Imo, it will also show off MCW's awesome window passing abilities more also.

If Triche ends up on the right side of the court for a reason like this, some will mistake him as playing point guard from day one if he doesn't come out with a aggressive look to score attitude. Dion did more driving then scoop last year, and he clearly was the SG in that lineup.

Nobody sticks to keeping the PF on the right, sf on the left, sg on the right, and PG on the left like JB. Nobody. If you look back the last 10 years you would proabably see the same pattern almost every season. Would love to see a graph on it.

Huh?

the left side of my brain and the right side of my brain hurt equally after reading that.

I'm thinking of recording that post and playing it backwards just to see if there might be a message from an alien civilization in there somewhere.

I'm thinking of recording that post and playing it backwards just to see if there might be a message from an alien civilization in there somewhere.
Hes cali's son.

i cant stop reading this. my favorite post ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom