unnamed pro scout loves MCW | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

unnamed pro scout loves MCW

JB played MCW on the right side of the court last year and Triche on the left. I am not sure if that is JB's way of forshading whats to come or not.
just for the hell of it, JB is going to take his right foot and wop you on the right side of your face

I like beer too. I try to refrain from posting after having more than 10 or 12 though.

I'm hoping someone is working on that graph.
ar121826784646303.png

the left side of my brain and the right side of my brain hurt equally after reading that.

Oh thank God I wasn't the only one. That was a tremendous post. That I still don't really understand what he was trying to say.

Culled this one line from that post. I believe that if each of us pulls one line we would like to analyze further, by the time we are finished, the season will be upon us before we ever realize it.

"I think throwing crosscourt long entry passes and being able to look right or left to CJ and triche on the perimeter with their half court transition scoring abilites makes alittle more sense."

It's been a while since I played CYO, but I believe one of the first things they tell you is to NEVER throw crosscourt passes. And can you have half court and transition scoring at the same time?

Its really not that had to read. Its a simple observation.
The point guard plays on the pf's side and the shooting guard plays on the sf's. Its something syracuse does that like 100 percent of the time, nobody has brought it up though.

That means Triche and CJ would be on one side of the floor and if we start Rak, Rak and MCW on the other.
I would rather see Triche and Fair on opposite sides of the floor because Rak and MCW haven't proven themselves as scorers yet.

Its really not that had to read. Its a simple observation.
The point guard plays on the pf's side and the shooting guard plays on the sf's. Its something syracuse does that like 100 percent of the time, nobody has brought it up though.

Except the SF and 2G are on opposite wings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Except the SF and 2G are on opposite wings.

when is that? You will have to go back a long long long time.

11-12 KJO, played on Dion and Triches side.
10-11 Triche and Dion played on KJOs side.
09-10 Wes and Joseph played on Rautins side.
08-09 Devendorf and Rautins played on Harris/Rautins side
07-08 Greene played on Harris side.
06-07 Devendorf and Rautins played on Nichols side.
Look I started my own graph. :D

You present this as though the players are stuck to the floor during each offensive possession. That's simply not true. This past year, when Scoop had the ball he may start on the right or left and would move one or two of the bigs up to the top of the lane to set the initial pick (or double pick as the case may be). From there you'd have players like Rautins, or Triche, or Dion, flying under the hoop (sometimes out of bounds) trying to use the offside player to set a screen.

I know some of complain about the offensive sets not being the most creative, but it's not nearly as static as you make it out to be.

No idea what you are talking about. In our offense, the 2 and 3 are basically the same. The 2 & 3 start on opposite wings in the motion offense. After that people are either moving or we are running a play or an isolation to take advantage of a defensive mismatch.

No idea what you are talking about. In our offense, the 2 and 3 are basically the same. The 2 & 3 start on opposite wings in the motion offense. After that people are either moving or we are running a play or an isolation to take advantage of a defensive mismatch.

Here, let me explain a different way to make it easier.

Last years starters. Triche at 2g and KJo at SF. Most of the time when they were in a somewhat "static" position, they were on opposite wings to "balance" the floor since they were our outside threats.

Looking from midcourt and leaving out the C, you seem to think our offense looked like a square or rectangle when it is a diamond.

Long post feel free to skip it if you will. And I know I will be persecuted some for this, but can care less.

First off totally agree Bees 100%. But, to be Fair JB doesn't run that motion offense as much is being implied above. He runs it every year, but also runs alot of standstill, clearout, and isolation ball which calls for less motion. Infact he runs standstill and isolation just as much.

1. He runs it about half the game if not maybe even more then his motion sets.
2. He runs it just as much as his motion ball when the pressure is on. We ran joseph in isolation in 09-10 with a clearout all the time late in games. We ran AO in the middle in the same way to get a lead.
We ran Dion driving with cj on the other side of the floor in a standstill all the time last year. We ran the same thing with Joseph up top quite often. We ran it alot for scoop to pull up for three or drive late in games while moving Fair more to the left side so scoop had more room to drive.
3. JB almost always starts games with less floor motion, and he isn't afraid to run it late in games either.
4. When you run motion basketball it doesn't matter whos where on the floor. Its more about creating and finding gaps in the defense. So yes running that kind of ball totally nullifies the point of who is where to start the set. Its where you finish not where you start in those sets. In standstill ball 3-5 of your guys finish where they start. When its 5 thats where the term jacking three's comes from.
5. JB 90 percent of the time doesn't run to much motion basketball early on.

Now on to the point I am getting to...
There is a very good chance DC2 and Rak are going to start next year, and alot or people are hoping they get big minutes together.

So the next question is will one of them be in the high post in the middle of the floor or will one of them be on the right block?
If its in the middle of the floor then graph below doesn't matter as much, but I think its more likely one will be on the right block due to their present scoring abilities.
And if on the right block it makes a huge difference. Why.....

Because, notonly are the passing lanes better, but the spot of the 135 degree passing angle in the graph on the left are more harmonious with recieving the ball as a threat to the basket.

MCW is a outstanding passer. I am not saying Triche is a bad one at all. But, MCW won the AA skills competition because he can throw the ball right on target with some speed(Like for example Rajon Rondo or when he finds his shot Stephen Curry). I would hate to have a passer like that waste those skills and then jump in the draft next year. Rondo for example runs his offense on the right side while Garnett constantly is in the mid/high post on the left. Rondo led the nba in assists last year doing so with Allen and Pierce on the perimeter.

Also MCW's driving lane would also be be more open on the left as opposed to Triches. Triche is more likely of a pullup shooter in the lane then MCW who scores more by getting to the rim. Getting to the rim was MCW scoring game last year in practice. For Triche, thats what upperclassmen who are tough do. They pick up the slack that others can't handle as well, and lead with their strengths.

I am not saying I am right its just the way I vision it. I hope it teased your brain a little bit.
Long, indepth, probably annoying to read (in a humble sense), and crazy to a point... Yes!! But, I think there is SOME truth to it.

Long post feel free to skip it if you will. And I know I will be persecuted some for this, but can care less.

First off totally agree Bees 100%. But, to be Fair JB doesn't run that motion offense as much is being implied above. He runs it every year, but also runs alot of standstill, clearout, and isolation ball which calls for less motion. Infact he runs standstill and isolation just as much.

2. He runs it just as much as his motion ball when the pressure is on. We ran joseph in isolation in 09-10 with a clearout all the time late in games. We ran AO in the middle in the same way to get a lead.
We ran Dion driving with cj on the other side of the floor in a standstill all the time last year. We ran the same thing with Joseph up top quite often. We ran it alot for scoop to pull up for three or drive late in games while moving Fair more to the left side so scoop had more room to drive.
3. JB almost always starts games with less floor motion, and he isn't afraid to run it late in games either.
4. When you run motion basketball it doesn't matter whos where on the floor. Its more about creating and finding gaps in the defense. So yes running that kind of ball totally nullifies the point of who is where to start the set. Its where you finish not where you start in those sets. In standstill ball 3-5 of your guys finish where they start. When its 5 thats where the term jacking three's comes from.

There is a very good chance DC2 and Rak are going to start next year, and alot or people are hoping they get big minutes together.

So the next question is will one of them be in the high post in the middle of the floor or will one of them be on the right block?
If its in the middle of the floor then graph below doesn't matter as much, but I think its more likely one will be on the right block due to their present scoring abilities.

Because, notonly are the passing lanes better, but the spot of the 135 degree passing angle in the graph on the left are more harmonious with recieving the ball as a threat to the basket.

MCW is a outstanding passer. I am not saying Triche is a bad one at all. But, MCW won the AA skills competition because he can throw the ball right on target with some speed(Like for example Rajon Rondo or when he finds his shot Stephen Curry). I would hate to have a passer like that waste those skills and then jump in the draft next year. Rondo for example runs his offense on the right side while Garnett constantly is in the mid/high post on the left. Rondo led the nba in assists last year doing so with Allen and Pierce on the perimeter.

Also MCW's driving lane would also be be more open on the left as opposed to Triches. Triche is more likely of a pullup shooter in the lane then MCW who scores more by getting to the rim. Getting to the rim was MCW scoring game last year in practice. For Triche, thats what upperclassmen who are tough do. They pick up the slack that others can't handle as well, and lead with their strengths.

I am not saying I am right its just the way I vision it. I hope it teased your brain a little bit.
Long, indepth, probably annoying to read (in a humble sense), and crazy to a point... Yes!! But, I think there is SOME truth to it.

Oh Sweet Jesus. Thank you, thank you. The graph ties it all together.

Red Holzman, Red Auerbach and John Wooden are spinning in their graves.

This is amazing. Madness wrapped around a kernel of genius.

Dang. I hope opposing coaches don't check our board because you just laid out our whole attack for them.

If you keep putting words in my mouth and taking all my posts literally it's going to be a long summer.
Wait wait wait... what exactly is bad about a long summer?

Wait wait wait... what exactly is bad about a long summer?

Good point. Nothing bad about it at all. They go by way too fast, especially as you get older. Hoops can wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom