Unreal how Melo gets officiated | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Unreal how Melo gets officiated

He's battling Melo for the 3rd best SF in the game.

So, as much as I like him...no.

Lebron and Durant are the top 2.

Of course Lebron is #1. By. A. Mile. And then ten more miles.

The question is has he passed Durant. I think it's pretty close. Melo's not even in the discussion for that honor. He's a top-15 player.

I can hear Sterling JR saying it now. And the team with the 1st pick in the NBA draft is ...... NY Knicks. Don't be surprsied knicks don't win more then 35.

I mean just think about it, wouldn't it be perfect the knicks get decimated this season from bad reffing to the point they win only 30-35 games, to give them "good enough odds" to make it believable that they could win the lottery.

And guess what this draft is, quite possibly the best since '03. Maybe better?

you don't need to win the lottery this year. Top five gets you Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Smart, dude from Arizona.

Knicks blew the game - no excuses. Melo can't do it all on his own - the team (and organization) is very dysfunctional.

It was definitely a foul and it was on his right elbow.

You need glasses if that's a foul. If he touched his elbow the shot might have gone in

I'm not even a big fan of NBA

You need glasses if that's a foul. If he touched his elbow the shot might have gone in

It was definitely a "touch" foul.

you don't need to win the lottery this year. Top five gets you Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Smart, dude from Arizona.

Just my opinion, but I have Embiid ahead of Smart and Gordon. And Exum ahead of both of them as well.

He touched his shooting elbow during the shot. That's a foul. My vision is good enough that I can see that Shumpert touches the elbow. No glasses necessary.

I can hear Sterling JR saying it now. And the team with the 1st pick in the NBA draft is ...... NY Knicks. Don't be surprsied knicks don't win more then 35.

I mean just think about it, wouldn't it be perfect the knicks get decimated this season from bad reffing to the point they win only 30-35 games, to give them "good enough odds" to make it believable that they could win the lottery.

And guess what this draft is, quite possibly the best since '03. Maybe better?

The Knicks do not have a 1st round pick this year. Traded it to Denver in the Melo trade.

I'm really getting sick of the blanket statement KD is better than Melo.

KD gets calls.
KD has Westbrook.

Take away that and they are the same player with differing strengths. Melo better inside, KD better outside.

Let's face it, if that was LeBron he gets the call and gets 2 FTs. But Melo has hurt himself with the refs by getting a reputation as a chronic whiner. That may have something to do with it last night too. While it was Shumpert's bonehead foul that cost them the game I put a lot of the blame on the coach. I just don't get why coaches will not foul before the shot with 5 seconds left and up 3. Stupid IMO. The chance of a team missing the 2nd FT and rebounding the miss is extremely low.

Last night's loss hurt as a Knicks fan. NY outplayed Indiana with no Chandler and deserved the win. A stupid play by Shump and once the game went to OT, I knew it was over. Tough to beat Indiana in a back to back in OT when they havent played since Saturday.

I haven't read this whole thread cause I am hating the Knicks right now, but the offensive foul Melo got called for on Hibbert was preposterous.

I
'm really getting sick of the blanket statement KD is better than Melo.
KD gets calls.
KD has Westbrook.

Take away that and they are the same player with differing strengths. Melo better inside, KD better outside

Still disagree with you on this. Durant is just a much more efficient scorer; even when Westbrook was out. I would love to see more in-depth research into the whistle the 2 guys get, but I am not sure how possible that is. It does seem like Melo gets a worse whistle (I bet Durant being so skinny helps) but I also bet that as Knicks fans we tend to overrate this. (Or there could be research that comes out that proves me totally wrong)

I haven't read this whole thread cause I am hating the Knicks right now, but the offensive foul Melo got called for on Hibbert was preposterous.

I

Still disagree with you on this. Durant is just a much more efficient scorer; even when Westbrook was out. I would love to see more in-depth research into the whistle the 2 guys get, but I am not sure how possible that is. It does seem like Melo gets a worse whistle (I bet Durant being so skinny helps) but I also bet that as Knicks fans we tend to overrate this. (Or there could be research that comes out that proves me totally wrong)
All I know is that there is no player that virtually every fan of every team agrees gets officiated like garbage aside from Melo. Screamin A Smith has touched on this a few times.

The call on Hibbert was INSANE. Just unreal. Combine that with the swim move foul call a few minutes later when Melo was battling for position. Just wow... Meanwhile Harden and George come into MSG and get the Jordan treatment from the refs.

I was at the game last night, they showed the replay like 5 times on the scoreboard (I don't remember them doing this as much before, am I just forgetting stuff or is this a new thing?)

All I know is that there is no player that virtually every fan of every team agrees gets officiated like garbage aside from Melo. Screamin A Smith has touched on this a few times.

I do agree it seems like he gets a worse whistle, but that's really about all you can say. There's no way we can say whether or not it makes up the difference between KD and Melo. That's all I'm saying.

The call on Hibbert was INSANE. Just unreal. Combine that with the swim move foul call a few minutes later when Melo was battling for position. Just wow... Meanwhile Harden and George come into MSG and get the Jordan treatment from the refs.

I think my neighbors heard my scream about that offensive foul. What an absolute joke. Ended up costing them the game.

I was at the game last night, they showed the replay like 5 times on the scoreboard (I don't remember them doing this as much before, am I just forgetting stuff or is this a new thing?)

I do agree it seems like he gets a worse whistle, but that's really about all you can say. There's no way we can say whether or not it makes up the difference between KD and Melo. That's all I'm saying.
At worst, that was a no call. How they called it offensive was just bizarre. I just think KD and PG get blown up because of the teams they are on. Both get calls from the officials and both have star players on their side. Melo gets no calls and plays with a bunch of inconsistent at best players.

One thing is for sure, when fat Felton comes back it better be off the bench. How it took an injury to Felton to start Udrih is beyond me.

With the New York Knicks having limited ways of improving their roster in time to re-sign Carmelo Anthony this offseason, pursuing John Calipari as head coach could be an alternative sale.The Knicks have given Anthony and his representatives at CAA tremendous control. CAA represents Mike Woodson, Allan Houston, Mark Warkentien, J.R. Smith, Chris Smith and Andrea Bargnani.CAA and William Wesley also represent Calipari.It is believed that Calipari would seek an annual contract of $8 million from the Knicks."That's what Wes will be pushing," one of the executives said. "That's what CAA will be pushing."Calipari would also want full control over the roster."He wants full control, bottom line," one executive said.Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports -

Yeah I thought it was a no call. Hibbert didn't really do much. But Melo shot a lay-up! How is that a foul!?!?!

I was talking a friend a few days ago wondering what happened to Beno. He's a solid player. I'm glad he got some minutes, even if it took an injury.

Reading the thing from Berger; the Knicks are just a disaster

Yeah I thought it was a no call. Hibbert didn't really do much. But Melo shot a lay-up! How is that a foul!?!?!

I was talking a friend a few days ago wondering what happened to Beno. He's a solid player. I'm glad he got some minutes, even if it took an injury.

Reading the thing from Berger; the Knicks are just a disaster
Lol...the CAA Knicks

Let's face it, if that was LeBron he gets the call and gets 2 FTs. But Melo has hurt himself with the refs by getting a reputation as a chronic whiner. That may have something to do with it last night too. While it was Shumpert's bonehead foul that cost them the game I put a lot of the blame on the coach. I just don't get why coaches will not foul before the shot with 5 seconds left and up 3. Stupid IMO. The chance of a team missing the 2nd FT and rebounding the miss is extremely low.

Lebron also suffers from a lack of calls but that probably has more to do with him being an athletic freak and making everything look easy

Lebron also suffers from a lack of calls but that probably has more to do with him being an athletic freak and making everything look easy

Are you serious? Maybe you're talking about a lack of calls against him.

This is just one of the first few that pop up in the google.

Yes I am serious. I'm talking about fouls not travels. He gets hammered on every drive but still converts because he is the GOAT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom