Unreal how Melo gets officiated | Syracusefan.com

Unreal how Melo gets officiated

crazy how, on the knicks homecourt, paul george gets sent to the line for 3 shots to tie the game with 5 seconds left, then melo doesn't get the whistle at the other end despite an obvious bump as the clock runs out.

I am fed up and sick with it. It's the same thing every game, Carmelo gets POUNDED and doesn't get a call, Paul George was touched with one finger and it's 3 free throws. Garbage.

It's the same garbage that happened in the playoff series in June

I am fed up and sick with it. It's the same thing every game, Carmelo gets POUNDED and doesn't get a call, Paul George was touched with one finger and it's 3 free throws. Garbage.

I'm not even convinced he was touched and if he was touched, it was on the left elbow and not the right one and it was barely grazed.

The reffing was just pathetic. I don't think I want to watch NBA for the rest of the season after watching this tonight. Just disgusting. Knicks controlled the game from the start and the refs decide to hand the W to the pacers.

Is PGSS already the 2nd-best player in the game?

He's battling Melo for the 3rd best SF in the game.

So, as much as I like him...no.

Lebron and Durant are the top 2.

If some wannabe "on Paul George's junk" fanboy jumps in here to give PG dap, first answer me this:

How would Paul George look on the Knicks in place of Melo, getting officiated like Melo?

crazy how, on the knicks homecourt, paul george gets sent to the line for 3 shots to tie the game with 5 seconds left, then melo doesn't get the whistle at the other end despite an obvious bump as the clock runs out.

I honestly think Melo was lucky he didn't get called for an offensive foul at the end. Either Paul George sold it well, or Melo gave him an elbow to create space.

And the foul on Paul George that allowed them to tie it was an easy call and an inexcusable mistake on Shumpert's part.

I'm not even convinced he was touched and if he was touched, it was on the left elbow and not the right one and it was barely grazed.

It was definitely a foul and it was on his right elbow.

I honestly think Melo was lucky he didn't get called for an offensive foul at the end. Either Paul George sold it well, or Melo gave him an elbow to create space.

And the foul on Paul George that allowed them to tie it was an easy call and an inexcusable mistake on Shumpert's part.

George was up on him so tight that he made contact with Melo, as Melo attempted to turn. That's the Dukie type of stuff. It's a defensive foul.

I really wish the Knicks could get Jeff van gundy back as coach. I think he would be the perfect guy to coach melo, plus he always got the most effort out of his teams.

I'm sure you agree with the Melo offensive foul on the fast break against Hibbert because we allll knowwwww Hibbert always goes straight up.

I'm sure you agree with the Melo offensive foul on the fast break against Hibbert because we allll knowwwww Hibbert always goes straight up.

Haha, I can't say because I wasn't able to tune in until the last minute of the 4th, so I really can only comment on the foul on George and the no-call on Melo.

Haha, I can't say because I wasn't able to tune in until the last minute of the 4th, so I really can only comment on the foul on George and the no-call on Melo.
That's where the frustration comes from. Not just those two isolated incidents. All game Paul George gets the Jordan calls in MSG while Melo is, once again, officiated like a scrub. It's every ******* game with this garbage. James Harden comes to MSG and is treated like he grew up with the officials, Melo has to bleed to catch a call. Game in/game out.

I introduce you to "The Art of Rigging NBA Games".

I can hear Sterling JR saying it now. And the team with the 1st pick in the NBA draft is ...... NY Knicks. Don't be surprsied knicks don't win more then 35.

I mean just think about it, wouldn't it be perfect the knicks get decimated this season from bad reffing to the point they win only 30-35 games, to give them "good enough odds" to make it believable that they could win the lottery.

And guess what this draft is, quite possibly the best since '03. Maybe better?

If that's a foul on Paul George to give him 3 to tie the game then it's also a foul on Melo giving him 2 chances to win it from the line.

If that's Harden, Lebron, KD, PG, CP3 Kobe etc etc etc they get that call at the end of the game. Basically any star not named Melo.

Don't even get me started on Melo's 3rd and 4th foul..

Do you think Melo is a jerk to the officials or something? This has been going on for seasons and it doesn't make any sense. He's supposed to be a star, he should be getting fouls that aren't fouls.

Do you think Melo is a jerk to the officials or something? This has been going on for seasons and it doesn't make any sense. He's supposed to be a star, he should be getting fouls that aren't fouls.
Lets start with him getting fouls that are fouls. He doesn't even get those.

What I don't understand is why on the inbounds play Shumpert was overplaying towards the right to prevent the ball from being inbound to Hibbert on the perimeter(I think that was who Melo was guarding) when they had a 3 point lead. Why not encourage Hibbert to have to make a play and have to take time to find George. Instead Shumpert allowed the inbounds pass to go to West so it could be handed off to Paul George. I think that was the key defensive mistake. It allowed the handoff to be made and George free access to the perimeter while Shumpert had to make up ground to cover him and take a poor angle under West's screen. Why not let Hibbert get the ball, force him to make a play 18 feet out, if he drove and made a 2 - so what - with a 3 point lead and 9 seconds. Better than allowing a free shot at a 3.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom