Unreal how Melo gets officiated | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Unreal how Melo gets officiated

Yes I am serious. I'm talking about fouls not travels. He gets hammered on every drive but still converts because he is the GOAT.

Remind me not to respect your opinions in the future.

Yes I am serious. I'm talking about fouls not travels. He gets hammered on every drive but still converts because he is the GOAT.

Watch the video again. Lebron gets tons of ticky tack fouls called against him even when he's the initiator of the contact. It's ridiculous. One of the things that makes watching the NBA unbearable.

I think Lebron probably gets hit a lot of times and it goes uncalled cause he's so strong. Same kind of idea with Shaq; both guys are so big and strong (in different ways) that they are really hard to officiate.

Lebron gets tons of ticky tack fouls called against him even when he's the initiator of the contact

He does, which makes him no different than any other star player though.

I don't know if there is any way to document this kind of stuff, maybe with the sportvu stuff they have no? it's all just conjecture. There are bad calls at every level of basketball; you can find 10 or 15 plays where Melo or Lebron get a call in their favor, and then go ahead and fnd 10-15 more where they get whacked and there is no call.

Watch the video again. Lebron gets tons of ticky tack fouls called against him even when he's the initiator of the contact. It's ridiculous. One of the things that makes watching the NBA unbearable.

You posted a 9 minute video that you searched out to support your argument. If I were to go searching I'm sure I could find a 9 minute video of Lebron being smacked around while driving to the hoop. It proves nothing.

I think Lebron probably gets hit a lot of times and it goes uncalled cause he's so strong. Same kind of idea with Shaq; both guys are so big and strong (in different ways) that they are really hard to officiate.

He does, which makes him no different than any other star player though.

Except apparently Melo if the reports in this thread are true. Didn't watch the game so I can't weigh in on that aspect.

You posted a 9 minute video that you searched out to support your argument. If I were to go searching I'm sure I could find a 9 minute video of Lebron being smacked around while driving to the hoop. It proves nothing.

I can find plenty of videos that show Lebron flopping and getting the call, Lebron not getting fouled yet still getting the call, and Lebron blatantly charging through his defender and still getting the call. Would you like those instead?

Except apparently Melo if the reports in this thread are true. Didn't watch the game so I can't weigh in on that aspect.

Melo was without question the victim of at least one terrible call last night.

I can find plenty of videos that show Lebron flopping and getting the call, Lebron not getting fouled yet still getting the call, and Lebron blatantly charging through his defender and still getting the call. Would you like those instead?

Only if they are accompanied by the no call videos as well.

Only if they are accompanied by the no call videos as well.

I don't have enough time to post all of the ones I just mentioned. Some people on youtube have way too much time. Do a little looking yourself and you will see all the insane numbers of videos up there.

You like Lebron. I get that. I think he's a great player and would love to see him play with the rules as written. It would be fun to see.

The Lebron flop against the Knicks in the playoffs 2 years ago was EPIC...and he got the call.

Agree he would rise to an even higher level.
Wish I could quadruple like your posts in this thread. NBA, to me, as tough a sport as there is to officiate. Of course our "pet" players aren't going to get all the calls we think they should get, but it all tends to even out. Beauty, and foul calls, apparently in the eye of the holder, and LeBron may get some calls, but he also consistently gets the beat out of him going to the hole….and trashing him and throwing out the tired "that's why I don't watch the NBA" bromide isn't going to diminish his greatness…..or elevate Carmelo's.

BTW, and FWIW, Hakeem the Dream has a thought or two on LeBron's game: http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/hakeem-olajuwon-includes-mj-lebron-all-time-starting-five

Wish I could quadruple like your posts in this thread. NBA, to me, as tough a sport as there is to officiate. Of course our "pet" players aren't going to get all the calls we think they should get, but it all tends to even out. Beauty, and foul calls, apparently in the eye of the holder, and LeBron may get some calls, but he also consistently gets the beat out of him going to the hole….and trashing him and throwing out the tired "that's why I don't watch the NBA" bromide isn't going to diminish his greatness…..or elevate Carmelo's.

BTW, and FWIW, Hakeem the Dream has a thought or two on LeBron's game: http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/hakeem-olajuwon-includes-mj-lebron-all-time-starting-five
Do you believe Melo gets the same treatment from the officials as Lebron, KD, Harden etc.?

Do you believe Melo gets the same treatment from the officials as Lebron, KD, Harden etc.?

My inclination would be to say no, but I would have no idea where to go from there. Does he get 1 fewer call per game? half? 1.5? Any answer any of us gives would be complete conjecture and would be shaped on how we feel about the players.

Durant is the worst. Used to be a big fan of his but he never stops complaining about calls on every possession, yet he shoots tons of free throws every game.

Not trying to avoid answering, but that kind of generalization tough to make. I see as many Knicks and Heat games as possible, I see moments when I think calls could go either way on either player. Fast-paced, physical sport, greatest athletes on face of the Earth, tough game to officiate. Bit, fwiw, I'll throw this out: LeBron's had 84 free throw attempts in 10 games and Carmelo's had 83…..and LeBron takes it to the hole more often than Carmelo does.

Not trying to avoid answering, but that kind of generalization tough to make. I see as many Knicks and Heat games as possible, I see moments when I think calls could go either way on either player. Fast-paced, physical sport, greatest athletes on face of the Earth, tough game to officiate. Bit, fwiw, I'll throw this out: LeBron's had 84 free throw attempts in 10 games and Carmelo's had 83…..and LeBron takes it to the hole more often than Carmelo does.
I'll actually agree that Lebron will get mauled here and there with no foul, however he gets the calls when they count. KD and Harden must have an under the table deal with the refs because they go to the line at will. Melo gets mauled all game and we've seen a couple end of game situations already this year where the opposing star was given Jordan treatment while Melo has to bleed for a call, even worse off, Melo gets phantom fouls called on him. That offensive foul on Melo against Hibbert was probably my breaking point. It was one of the worst calls i've ever seen.

He might take it to the hole more than Melo, but he certainly does not work in the post as much as Melo

As a long time Knicks-hater, I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying this thread :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom