Unsung Hero | Syracusefan.com

Unsung Hero

mlbball99

2nd String
Decided to watch the first OG touchdown on the 4th and 1 again. The star of this play is actually Wes Hoeh. Wes is in the process of replacing Elmore at the FB position. It's honestly a fantastic idea to get a fast moving OL in the backfield to provide some extra protection.

On this play, watch Wes slide over and hold his block just long enough to allow Shrader to get to his 3rd (or 4th) read and allow this play to develop and put up a much needed touch down. Good going Wes. Future starting OL for us.

play design, get him lost in the wash and multiple Purdue players went the wrong way. A TE who can block would be the next step up from this. if they dont rush 5-6 then he could release as well.

Decided to watch the first OG touchdown on the 4th and 1 again. The star of this play is actually Wes Hoeh. Wes is in the process of replacing Elmore at the FB position. It's honestly a fantastic idea to get a fast moving OL in the backfield to provide some extra protection.

On this play, watch Wes slide over and hold his block just long enough to allow Shrader to get to his 3rd (or 4th) read and allow this play to develop and put up a much needed touch down. Good going Wes. Future starting OL for us.

Funny off topic story about Wes Hoeh. I was golfing at Cantigny in Wheaton, IL. One of the nicest Public Golf course out here. This was a few years ago during late fall so I was wearing my SU winter hat. The starter says, hey one of our kids, assuming Caddie for the course, is going to play OL for Syracuse. I say oh yeah, is it Wes Hoeh (Glen Ellyn, IL) or Enrique Cruz (Villa Park, IL)? Starter looks at at me in disbelief that I know who he’s talking about. He says, yeah Wes, are you a coach or something? My bro in law who is with me starts cracking up knowing my Cuse obsession in both hoops and football. I tell him , Nah, just a big fan and told him to tell Wes, Syracuse is expecting big things

I noticed that block in rewatching the game as well. Wish he was in on our final offensive play when Shrader got schmeared

It was one of the craziest Syracuse games I have watched. Hard to match up certain plays to certain drives. The ending was mind blowing.

Good find. That’s why the HB role is important. In particular sets like this it’s nice to have a competent guy in there. Situational football. The little things can make a big difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom