Update for those who asked re: My son's recruiting for soccer | Syracusefan.com

Update for those who asked re: My son's recruiting for soccer

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Things are moving along. Has some strong interest from Western Michigan, which was ranked has high as #5 last year. Rather than wait to see him at the Blue Chip Classic in Cincinnati in April, they asked that he come to campus and play at their camp in March. If they like him, we expect an offer. (One of his goalie coaches has a strong connection there with head coach and an assistant, and has really sold my son to the staff. They have known him a long time and trust his assessment.). They are looking for a 3-4 year starter in the 2019 class.

Also, (dependent upon seeing him in an actual game as oppossed to a one day camp and video) we have received, through a different coach we use, an unofficial offer of a 50% scholarship minimum, going to 100%, in year 2, when he becomes the starter (which the coach is assuming will happen) from Wofford.

'Cuse wants to see him at their April camp, but they seem to be leaning towards bringing a more experienced Euro, if they take a 2019 keeper.

Lastly, he made the All Star team at the one day camp he attended at Clemson in January, and they want him to come back to see him play at their 4 day camp. (The 1 day was not enough to see if what he did for 1 day was a fluke, or the norm.)

(Also, up to almost 6'4" and 200lbs.)

More to come.

I'm curious if you have used any services to help promote him. Thanks for sharing.

And good luck throughout the process.

I'm curious if you have used any services to help promote him. Thanks for sharing.

And good luck throughout the process.
Not really. We have video on CaptainU. Fell into this group, Exact Sports, which uses a website called PrepHeros. I highly recommend it.
You can email any coaching staff. At the Exact camps, they do evaluations, which coaches can access on the website. You get a read receipt on the emails

Our best success is though our private position coaches. We have a guy in Syracuse, he made a call to his friend at WMU. He told him my boy could start for them. Based in that and his video, they wanted him at this camp, so they could see him before another kid, who they have offered, might commit. (

We have another guy in Maryland who has over 100 coaches he can call. He helps his kids find fits, either initially or as transfers, so he also has a good feel on goalkeeper depth at schools. He is invaluable.

Goalies are wierd because, like hockey, there may be 3-4 on a roster, but the coach has 1 guy he trusts. Gotta find a coach who loves you.

Update - made the All Star team ( bad news though,: MSU has no $ for goalies unless you are the starter, then only 50%.)

Also, made All Star team at Clemson camp.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom