Update on my traffic "arrest"... | Syracusefan.com

Update on my traffic "arrest"...

cto

Administrator
Some may recall I was ticketed for (unintentionally and unknowingly) driving the wrong way for half a block on Harrison Street, following the Hardwood Club Dinner at the ON Center on March 10. (Since it was a two-way street where I entered it at University Ave earlier in the evening, I assumed it was still a two-way street at the ON Center parking lot).

Anyhow, the cop did not think my CT driver's license, my rental car, my logical explanation and my general sweetness were sufficient to give me just a warning, so I was ticketed for a moving violation. I was not happy when I posted here later that evening about the ticket.

Then, an amazing thing happened I got a private message from a lurker (a total stranger to me) who is a lawyer in Syracuse. And she offered to represent me, without charge, to try to get the charge reduced because she thought my explanation was logical... and the ticket, unfair.

So, I got the "official record" of my driving history from the DMV and sent it, along with the ticket.

This week, I got a court notice saying the charge had been reduced to having a noisy muffler (not a moving violation). I happily paid the fine.

Anyhow, I thanked my "new best friend" privately, but I wanted to tell the story here, and say thank you again... to show just another example of how this forum ... really is a family!

Last edited:
Some may recall i was ticketed for (unintentionally and unknowingly) driving the wrong way for half a block on Harrison Street, following the Hardwood Club Dinner at the ON Center on March 10. (Since it was a two-way street where I entered it at University Ave earlier in the evening, I assumed it was still a two-way street at the ON Center parking lot).

Anyhow, the cop did not think my CT driver's license, my rental car, my logical explanation and my general sweetness was sufficient to give me just a warning, so I was ticketed for a moving violation. I was not happy when I posted here about the ticket later that evening.

Then, an amazing thing happened I got a private message from a lurker who happens to be a lawyer in Syracuse. And she offered to represent me, without charge, to try to get the charges reduced because she thought my explanation was logical.

So, as requested, I got the "official record" of my driving history from the DMV and sent it, along with the ticket.

This week, Ireceived a notice saying the charge had been reduced to having a noisy muffler (not a moving violation). I happily paid the small fine.

Anyhow, I thanked my "new best friend" privately, but I wanted to tell the story here, and say thank you again... to show just another example of how this forum ... really is a family!
this is just another example of O.J. or Robert Blake where the big $$ buys justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is just another example of O.J. or Robert Blake where the big $$ buys justice.
Dasher, I really resent your comment. No money exchanged hands here (except for the money I paid for my fine). I thought this was a nice story about a human being doing something nice for another human being who was known only through an internet forum. I do "nice things" for people here all the time... as do many others. Maybe I should just delete my post.

Last edited:
cto said:
Some may recall i was ticketed for (unintentionally and unknowingly) driving the wrong way for half a block on Harrison Street, following the Hardwood Club Dinner at the ON Center on March 10. (Since it was a two-way street when I entered it at University Ave earlier in the evening, I assumed it was still a two-way street at the ON Center parking lot). Anyhow, the cop did not think my CT driver's license, my rental car, my logical explanation and my general sweetness was sufficient to give me just a warning, so I was ticketed for a moving violation. I was not happy when I posted here about the ticket later that evening. Then, an amazing thing happened I got a private message from a lurker who happens to be a lawyer in Syracuse. And she offered to represent me, without charge, to try to get the charges reduced because she thought my explanation was logical. So,, I got the "official record" of my driving history from the DMV and sent it off, along with the ticket. This week, I received a notice saying the charge had been reduced to having a noisy muffler (not a moving violation). I happily paid the small fine. Anyhow, I thanked my "new best friend" privately, but I wanted to tell the story here, and say thank you again... to show just another example of how this forum ... really is a family!

Good deed by a good samaritan.

Did you get the new muffler yet?

Some may recall I was ticketed for (unintentionally and unknowingly) driving the wrong way for half a block on Harrison Street, following the Hardwood Club Dinner at the ON Center on March 10. (Since it was a two-way street when I entered it at University Ave earlier in the evening, I assumed it was still a two-way street at the ON Center parking lot).

Anyhow, the cop did not think my CT driver's license, my rental car, my logical explanation and my general sweetness were sufficient to give me just a warning, so I was ticketed for a moving violation. I was not happy when I posted here later that evening about the ticket.

Then, an amazing thing happened I got a private message from a lurker (a total stranger to me) who is a lawyer in Syracuse. And he offered to represent me, without charge, to try to get the charge reduced because he thought my explanation was logical... and the ticket, unfair.

So, at his request, I got the "official record" of my driving history from the DMV and sent it to him, along with the ticket.

This week, he sent me a court notice saying the charge had been reduced to having a noisy muffler (not a moving violation). I happily paid the small fine.

Anyhow, I thanked my "new best friend" privately, but I wanted to tell the story here, and thank him again... to show just another example of how this forum ... really is a family!
Good things happen to Good people!

Dasher, I really resent your comment. No money exchanged hands here (except for the money I paid for my fine). I thought this was a nice story about a human being doing something nice for another human being who was "known" only through an internet forum. I do "nice things" for people here all the time... as do many others. Maybe I should just delete my post.
I guess you weren't the only one to understand that it was a joke. What a board.

I guess you weren't the only one to understand that it was a joke. What a board.
It had a mean "edge" to it. I didn't like being compared to OJ. It didn't look like a joke to me. Sorry.

It had a mean "edge" to it. I didn't like being compared to OJ. It didn't look like a joke to me. Sorry.
It had no mean edge to it. The very fact that I used O.J. and Robert Blake, two murderers, should have been the first clue. Everyday this board disappoints me more and more. And that has a mean edge because I am pretty mad.

Good deal as I hate bogus tickets and I'm glad somebody helped you out when you have done so much to help others.

But, on the other hand what the heck kind of legal system is this? If the ticket is bogus, then it should be dismissed, right? Why the heck does it get changed into some totally random other "crime?" It's like getting arrested for arson and then your lawyer is owed a favor by somebody so they change the crime to racketeering or some such. Just bizarre.

Lets all get along. CTO shared a nice story. Dasher, the premise of the joke was pretty funny - but comparing her to 2 murderers is actually the reason i thought it was a little rough around the edges.

Maybe Justin Bieber would have been a safer comparison.

Reactions: cto
Lets all get along. CTO shared a nice story. Dasher, the premise of the joke was pretty funny - but comparing her to 2 murderers is actually the reason i thought it was a little rough around the edges.

Maybe Justin Bieber would have been a safer comparison.

CTO sings far better than Bieber. And you should see her dance moves. Jesus.

CTO sings far better than Bieber. And you should see her dance moves. Jesus.

Furthermore, I don't think Bieber sits behind Gatorade coolers at a Laker game.

Furthermore, I don't think Bieber sits behind Gatorade coolers at a Laker game.

Those Gatorade coolers don't last long if they're obstructing CTO's view.

Did you know that CTO can slam a revolving door?

Those Gatorade coolers don't last long if they're obstructing CTO's view.

Did you know that CTO can slam a revolving door?
Yeah... and get a black eye. Sadly, a true story (at the Hilton in Salt Lake City four years ago)... and Barb Boeheim was my witness.

Last edited:
Good deal as I hate bogus tickets and I'm glad somebody helped you out when you have done so much to help others.

But, on the other hand what the heck kind of legal system is this? If the ticket is bogus, then it should be dismissed, right? Why the heck does it get changed into some totally random other "crime?" It's like getting arrested for arson and then your lawyer is owed a favor by somebody so they change the crime to racketeering or some such. Just bizarre.

Seriously - how do you go from 'driving the wrong way down a one way street' to ' noisy muffler'?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom