Updated Bowl Projections | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

24/7 has us pinstripe vs minnesota...

What a disservice that’d be. It was updated today

if we end up in the Pinstripe, then at least give us Purdue, that's a fun matchup. Minnesota and MSU both blow. good news is we would smoke either one of them. Purdue is fired up with Brohm staying, would be a battle. none of these sites have a freaking clue where we are going, so let's see what happens

"Hi, I'm just making ____ up again".

Syracuse wasn't meant to play on anything, except play fast and score points. WTH are you talking about. One of your dumber posts the last couple days. Doesn't even make sense. You think we recruit players that can't play in grass, like the fields they play on in H.S.
I guess you want the Pinstripe bowl against Minnesota who plays in an outdoor stadium in cold and snow.

if we end up in the Pinstripe, then at least give us Purdue, that's a fun matchup. Minnesota and MSU both blow. good news is we would smoke either one of them. Purdue is fired up with Brohm staying, would be a battle. none of these sites have a freaking clue where we are going, so let's see what happens
Min and Purdue are beyond boring matchups beating either does nothing.

I guess you want the Pinstripe bowl against Minnesota who plays in an outdoor stadium in cold and snow.

yeah, they are a really intimidating opponent. Rutgers plays outside in the cold and snow, boy, what would we do if we had to play them? (yeah, I know Minnesota is better than Rutgers).

yeah, they are a really intimidating opponent. Rutgers plays outside in the cold and snow, boy, what would we do if we had to play them? (yeah, I know Minnesota is better than Rutgers).
I think a team that finishes 9-3 and second in the ACC should get a game more favorable to them instead of getting a team that we beat in our last bowl who is very capable of upsetting them. They would like they chance outdoors in Yankee stadium, I don't think they should get it.

I think a team that finishes 9-3 and second in the ACC should get a game more favorable to them instead of getting a team that we beat in our last bowl who is very capable of upsetting them. They would like they chance outdoors in Yankee stadium, I don't think they should get it.
Their 6 and and 6 and needed to win their last game to get there they would be happy to play in Siberia.

we should get a better bowl game for sure. i wouldn't exactly call a chump Minnesota team a less favorable matchup. you think playing them outdoors in cold weather is harder than playing WVU or Iowa State in a warm place? again, I certainly want a better bowl game than the Pinstripe, but not because Mr Row the Boat makes me quake in my boots

Hence why they call it a guess... I wasn't even talking in any way about whether it mattered if we played in the Pinstripe Bowl or not.

we should get a better bowl game for sure. i wouldn't exactly call a chump Minnesota team a less favorable matchup. you think playing them outdoors in cold weather is harder than playing WVU or Iowa State in a warm place? again, I certainly want a better bowl game than the Pinstripe, but not because Mr Row the Boat makes me quake in my boots
We would spank them that's not the issue we are 9 and 3 we need the challenge of playing an 8 or 9 win team.

I wish we could get a shot at a team higher ranked than us. I realize this is the first year that the Orange have been back into the bowl jumble, but still the loses we had were against #2,#3 and a P5 divisional winner. ISU and WVU are good teams that have both had strong seasons similar to SU, hope we get one of them.

thank you, Eeyore. any of the matchups gives us 10 wins, so that's something.

Exactly and I'm not going to judge anyone because I can't attend regardless. But it would be a shame if we did get stuck in the Pinstripe Bowl and a team that couldn't get people to watch them in the Dome until the Louisville game also couldn't get a decent crowd to support them in the bowl game. Even if you don't like the bowl game, it's not the team's fault.

Exactly and I'm not going to judge anyone because I can't attend regardless. But it would be a shame if we did get stuck in the Pinstripe Bowl and a team that couldn't get people to watch them in the Dome until the Louisville game also couldn't get a decent crowd to support them in the bowl game. Even if you don't like the bowl game, it's not the team's fault.

No. In fact, its actually the fault of those very people who choose (or more accurately, chose in the past) not to go the game.

tim-gunn-make-it-work-mind-blown.gif

(of which I'll be one, regardless of location)

I wish we could get a shot at a team higher ranked than us. I realize this is the first year that the Orange have been back into the bowl jumble, but still the loses we had were against #2,#3 and a P5 divisional winner. ISU and WVU are good teams that have both had strong seasons similar to SU, hope we get one of them.

as do I, Cous

yeah, wish I could go wherever we end up, a 17 year old heading to college in California next fall is keeping my travel budget limited to, well, her traveling out there and home sometimes. I hope those that can go do go, this team deserves it

We were embarrassed by ND, does that mean we really suck?

ND's defense is outstanding. I was surprised how good they were. Better than Clemson, and that's saying something.

Not blaming the team but after already going to two pinstripe bowls I have no interest in sitting in 25 degree weather to watch us play a 6 win team.

Not blaming the team but after already going to two pinstripe bowls I have no interest in sitting in 25 degree weather to watch us play a 6 win team.

Whatever Brian. I can't wait for your next 6000 posts saying the same thing before the day is over. All I'm saying is the team didn't get great fan support most of the year. It would be nice to support our best team in years in their last game even if we're not happy with the bowl, which isn't even a sure thing yet. No need to reply - we all know what you're going to say.