Updated Bowl Projections | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

an 8-4 Notre Dame team (let's face it, an 8-4 Notre Dame team has WAY more clout than a 9-3 SU team) played in the Pinstripe, and last i checked their program seems to still be intact. We get it, we all want a warm weather game, hopefully in the bowl that gets the 1st selection after the NY6. but the Pinstripe is hardly a disaster.
Nd didn't play in two pinstripe bowls before and play in Yankees stadium earlier that year. Are we supposed to be happy about the fact getting passed up for better bowls like the cw,belk,sun for crap teams like Pitt, Nc state and Uva. So we play a Michigan st team that almost lost to Rutgirls or Purdue, whoopty damn do.

Why do you always get yourself so worked up before anything is decided? You do this in the game threads all the time! Just breathe and wait it out.

Sure the Pinstripe would be a disappointment but hey, we're going to a damn bowl! That hasn't happened often this century.

If there isn’t someone setup to blame for everything that doesn’t go your way, then what’s the point?

Bunch of nancies on this board. The North Carolina guy is throwing crap against the wall. The Orlando sentinel would be 10x more in the know than the Giglio.
I think what some of giglio said is just common sense. Im not upset about it. I wouldnt expect cuse to get the nod if its ISU.

This could easily be wrong, but ...

I had always heard that, after expenses, the money from a particular bowl was divided into 16 shares: 1 went to ACC HQ in Greensboro, 1 went to the team that played in the bowl, and the other 14 shares went to each school. That works out to the participating school's receiving 2 shares (1/8) of the money from the bowl, 1 share (1/16) as the participant and the standard 1 share (1/16) as a conference member.
That was my understanding as well.

Nd didn't play in two pinstripe bowls before and play in Yankees stadium earlier that year. Are we supposed to be happy about the fact getting passed up for better bowls like the cw,belk,sun for crap teams like Pitt, Nc state and Uva. So we play a Michigan st team that almost lost to Rutgirls or Purdue, whoopty damn do.

Well bids haven’t come out yet so we can get worked up then if need be, not now because of Gigolo’s article or whatever the hell his name is

Everyone is looking forward to the Texas Bowl rematch! Lets bring THunt back as an honorary Captain!

1543586320104.png

24/7 has us pinstripe vs minnesota...

What a disservice that’d be. It was updated today
Grain of salt. Most of these sites are just looking at each other for info. Whenever somebody changes something, they all rush to update theirs. It's like a peewee soccer game with the ball being the bowl projection. Each time it's kicked, they all run over to it and start kicking at it.

Syracuse is not built to play outdoors on natural grass in cold weather.

i'm not sure why bowls dont think ISU wont travel to Orlando.. they are pretty pumped about their teams direction too. WV travels but also had a huge letdown in their season.

i'm not sure why bowls dont think ISU wont travel to Orlando.. they are pretty pumped about their teams direction too. WV travels but also had a huge letdown in their season.

They will travel pretty well, just not as well as they will to the Alamo as that is more driving distance (15 hours) to Iowa. But there are super cheap flights direct from Des Moines to Orlando so it shouldnt effect travel THAT much. ISU is so very much like us and their trajectory after hiring Campbell. I have had many conversations here in Iowa about this. We even end up going after a lot of the same recruits. This is actually the match-up I want.

Syracuse is not built to play outdoors on natural grass in cold weather.

"Hi, I'm just making ____ up again".

Syracuse wasn't meant to play on anything, except play fast and score points. WTH are you talking about. One of your dumber posts the last couple days. Doesn't even make sense. You think we recruit players that can't play in grass, like the fields they play on in H.S.

"Hi, I'm just making ____ up again".

Syracuse wasn't meant to play on anything, except play fast and score points. WTH are you talking about. One of your dumber posts the last couple days. Doesn't even make sense. You think we recruit players that can't play in grass, like the fields they play on in H.S.

Let's scale that back a bit