Updated Bowl Projections | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

The team that lost to Purdue by a zillion, and beat Maryland in OT by one is in the final four. I absolutely don't get it.

If teams can run the table and not have a realistic shot, that's a problem.

Stop. You’re letting emotions get in the way of common sense.

The height of the table matters.

If teams can run the table and not have a realistic shot, that's a problem.

The issue is that their schedule is so weak that if the other 14 teams in the top-15 played a similar schedule, I would guess at least half would come out undefeated.

This isn't a new system, G5 teams with weaker schedules know that they need to challenge themselves OOC if they want to get into the playoffs. But at the end of the day, UCF's best win may be over a 7-6 Pitt team -- who is a decent enough P5 team -- but shouldn't be the crown jewel in a CFP resume.

Schedule a ranked team or two out of conference and win those in your undefeated season then you have an argument.

Stop. You’re letting emotions get in the way of common sense.

The height of the table matters.
It matters to some and not others.

The issue is that their schedule is so weak that if the other 14 teams in the top-15 played a similar schedule, I would guess at least half would come out undefeated.
We have no way of knowing this.

The way we arrive at the playoff is all made up, anyway.

I'm suggesting we heighten the cost of losing. For everybody.

You go undefeated - you're in.

You have a loss - your fate is up to some other subjective factors.

This is so silly, I'm led to believe you know this.

People underrate ucf, much like they did boise in years past. However, now that their star qb went down, any argument they may have had is gone now.

People underrate ucf, much like they did boise in years past. However, now that their star qb went down, any argument they may have had is gone now.
How would anyone know they’re underrated? There’s no wear and tear or grind of a season. Their schedule isnt even equivalent to the ACC Coastal and is further mixed in with a bunch of UConn’s.

Nice team nice story they don't belong with the big boys.

I'd say nice team, nice story, but haven't been given the chance to play conference games with the big boys. No way should they come close to the CFP with their current conference schedule unless there is a season with major chaos in the P5 conferences.

Unfortunately the American is a betwixt and between conference much like the Big East was after Miami and VT left and SU went into the dumpster fire. I'd put UCF the past two seasons just slightly below the better WVU and Louisville teams from the previous decade, which means good enough to compete in the upper half of a current P5 conference, but not good enough to make the CFP.

Cheers,
Neil

Every year UCF is left out is another good year for those who don’t want to reward shenanigans.

They don’t deserve to be anywhere near the CFP.
These dudes gotta schedule tougher opponents. Their OOC they scheduled SC State, UNC (cancelled), FAU, and Pitt. Next year they play Florida A&M, @FAU, Stanford, and @Pitt. When the only solid teams you're playing every year are Cincinnati and South Florida you gotta schedule a tough OOC. Your conference schedule is filled with cupcakes like UConn and East Carolina.

These dudes gotta schedule tougher opponents. Their OOC they scheduled SC State, UNC (cancelled), FAU, and Pitt. Next year they play Florida A&M, @FAU, Stanford, and @Pitt. When the only solid teams you're playing every year are Cincinnati and South Florida you gotta schedule a tough OOC. Your conference schedule is filled with cupcakes like UConn and East Carolina.
In their defense, I can’t imagine too many factory schools are looking to schedule them but there’s zero reason to have any OOC games like Florida A&M and FAU. If they want to be taken seriously, at least fill every OOC slot with teams like Stanford and Pitt.

In their defense, I can’t imagine too many factory schools are looking to schedule them but there’s zero reason to have any OOC games like Florida A&M and FAU. If they want to be taken seriously, at least fill every OOC slot with teams like Stanford and Pitt.
Look at Boise. This year they scheduled @Troy, UConn, @Oklahoma State, and BYU OOC. If they had run the table they would have had a serious look at the 4th spot.

Look at Boise. This year they scheduled @Troy, UConn, @Oklahoma State, and BYU OOC. If they had run the table they would have had a serious look at the 4th spot.

Don't see it. Obviously good enough to make a NY6 bowl without the designated G5 slot being necessary, similar to UCF, but not the CFP.

Cheers,
Neil

They should have upped their SoS by opting for an fcs opponent instead of UConn.
(I think I’m joking, but I’m not 100%.)

I dont think you can trust any team after Ala/Clem to play a good game.

Ga if they beat Ala may have turned that corner

ND we caught the really good ND, not the one that struggled vs Ball St/Vandy/Pitt/USC

OK will light every ones D up, but also almost lost 6 times

we had double digit leads every game but ND

UCF escaped once vs Memphis can they do it again with the QB?

tex lost to maryland escaped tulsa/KSU/OK/Baylor/TT and Kansas

Mich lost to ND, destroyed by OSU, had no business beating NW, escaped MSU and Indiana

OSU escaped TCU, lucked out vs PSU/Neb no business beating Mary, but played great vs Mich

wash lost to Auburn/Oregon, lucky vs ASU and UCLA and STanford, lost to Cal

it goes on and on..

you put all the teams after ala/clem in a hat and they call be 5 loss teams as easy as 2-3 loss teams. you need some luck and no injuries.

The G5 should have its own post season playoff with 8 teams. It would have strong ratings and be marketable by Fox or CBS.

The G5 should have its own post season playoff with 8 teams. It would have strong ratings and be marketable by Fox or CBS.

Strong ratings? you think so? Can't say I would be glued to the tv for that.

To even be in a game with Bama you have to have a passing and running game and a solid D at the very least. Clemson and Georgia are the only ones that can do that. SU was ND's circle that game game and other than that they are much like Ohio State and could have had more losses. I hate this 4 team thing because we'd see a lot if there were 8 and if things remain as they are Bama, Clemson, ND, Georgia, OU, OSU, UCF all deserve to be in and Bama plays the 8th team whomever won the PAC or WAC.

Strong ratings? you think so? Can't say I would be glued to the tv for that.
I'm a college football junkie. I watch every bowl game that I can and would definitely like to see games like UB vs UCF and Boise St vs MTSU. I'm really kind of pumped for Colgate vs James Madison in the FCS playoffs.

That’s exactly why I said “I would guess”.

But it’s not hard to imagine teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia, ND, Michigan, LSU, etc going undefeated against 13 unranked opponents with rosters full of significantly weaker recruiting classes than they normally play.

I love that teams have to earn their way to play in the playoffs and don’t have a right to it through an unbalanced process of elimination.