Updated Bowl Projections | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

Interesting they have us in the Citrus Bowl. Not sure how that happens but would take it in a second
actually after I posted that Sporting News link I read somewhere else that because Orange Bowl is a CFP game this year, then Citrus must take B1G/SEC, so Citrus would be impossible for 'Cuse, unless some kind of a deal was arranged.

the Sporting News is a rag, no idea how they think we can be in the Citrus Bowl instead of SEC vs Big 10. would be great, but can't happen

Unfortunately, Texas A&M has moved from Big 12 to SEC in last conference alignment. Possible opponents are Oklahoma and Texas title game loser, West Virginia and Iowa State.

Thank you for setting me straight. The main reason I picked Texas A&M was due to them hiring Jimbo Fisher as their coach.

the Sporting News is a rag, no idea how they think we can be in the Citrus Bowl instead of SEC vs Big 10. would be great, but can't happen
technically we could be in the citrus bowl if the orange wasnt hosting the playoff semis this year if ohio state finished 5th in the rankings

NBC 11 out of Atlanta has us going to the Citrus Bowl against Kentucky.

SEC-AFFILIATED BOWL PROJECTIONS
CITRUS: Kentucky vs. Syracuse
OUTBACK: Texas A&M vs. Penn State
TAXSLAYER: Missouri vs. Northwestern
LIBERTY: South Carolina vs. Oklahoma State
TEXAS: Auburn vs. Iowa State
BELK: Vanderbilt vs. Pittsburgh
MUSIC CITY: Mississippi State vs. Boston College

Here is info from the Citrus Bowl website:

CITRUS BOWL
The seventh-oldest collegiate bowl game in the country, the Citrus Bowl began as the Tangerine Bowl in 1947. Since 1993 the bowl has hosted top teams from the Big Ten and Southeastern conferences. In the College Football Playoff era, the game will also occasionally host top teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference.

NBC 11 out of Atlanta has us going to the Citrus Bowl against Kentucky.

SEC-AFFILIATED BOWL PROJECTIONS
CITRUS: Kentucky vs. Syracuse
OUTBACK: Texas A&M vs. Penn State
TAXSLAYER: Missouri vs. Northwestern
LIBERTY: South Carolina vs. Oklahoma State
TEXAS: Auburn vs. Iowa State
BELK: Vanderbilt vs. Pittsburgh
MUSIC CITY: Mississippi State vs. Boston College
Chris was correct above. ACC is not going to citrus this year. The bowl itself tweeted it

Here is info from the Citrus Bowl website:

CITRUS BOWL
The seventh-oldest collegiate bowl game in the country, the Citrus Bowl began as the Tangerine Bowl in 1947. Since 1993 the bowl has hosted top teams from the Big Ten and Southeastern conferences. In the College Football Playoff era, the game will also occasionally host top teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Would actually be a weird symmetry there.

In 1979, team appeared headed to the Tangerine Bowl and just had to beat a meh BC team in a game played at Cornell because of the Dome construction.

Instead, got curb stomped and wound up in the Independence Bowl, Shreveport.

So 39 years later, we take care of business in Chestnut Hill and wind up in the modern day Tangerine Bowl?

Not bad.

THAT was GREAT!!
Which was better than when someone I know had access to the bracket about 15 minutes before it got released in 2007 and I got a text that said “you’re not going to believe this, but we’re not in the bracket”.

Did not realize that. I still hate Sporting News but they got me on this one
You ended up being right because if they did their homework, they’d know ACC can’t be in Citrus this year

So if Orange Bowl wasn't hosting CFP this year we'd be playing in Orange Bowl guaranteed or is there wiggle room?

AD did not answer the question on Babers. Any good leader would have already had those discussions so assuming we have him locked up.

So if Orange Bowl wasn't hosting CFP this year we'd be playing in Orange Bowl guaranteed or is there wiggle room?

We are unlucky to be No. 2 ACC team this year. Once every three years, Orange Bowl is used to host National Semi Game. Otherwise, the No. 2 ACC team will go to Orange Bowl.