Updated Bowl Projections | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

The G5 should have its own post season playoff with 8 teams. It would have strong ratings and be marketable by Fox or CBS.

The problem with that is then the G5 would be admitting to 2nd tier status. They do not want that.

BTW, does anyone know when we will find out for sure which bowl we are going to?

The problem with that is then the G5 would be admitting to 2nd tier status. They do not want that.
They should face the truth. It's really nonsensical when everyone and most of them accept they aren't part of the big boy club.

How would anyone know they’re underrated? There’s no wear and tear or grind of a season. Their schedule isnt even equivalent to the ACC Coastal and is further mixed in with a bunch of UConn’s.

A bunch of uconns? Theres only one team as crappy as uconn and thats uconn. They beat pitt, a team we lost to, 45-14. They dismantled cincinnati. I think I can tell a good team when I see one. Again, its moot though because their star qb is out.

That’s exactly why I said “I would guess”.

But it’s not hard to imagine teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia, ND, Michigan, LSU, etc going undefeated against 13 unranked opponents with rosters full of significantly weaker recruiting classes than they normally play.

I love that teams have to earn their way to play in the playoffs and don’t have a right to it through an unbalanced process of elimination.
But that's what I'm saying - it's an unbalanced process of elimination now. In a very weird way, because some can lose, and some can't.

A bunch of uconns? Theres only one team as crappy as uconn and thats uconn. They beat pitt, a team we lost to, 45-14. They dismantled cincinnati. I think I can tell a good team when I see one. Again, its moot though because their star qb is out.
Austin Peay
UConn
SC State
FAU

They got Pitt at home, not coming off a close loss to Clemson.

Whoa...Cinci... well I’ll be... Does the committee know about this tremendous home victory over a now unranked team?

Austin Peay
UConn
SC State
FAU

They got Pitt at home, not coming off a close loss to Clemson.

Whoa...Cinci... well I’ll be... Does the committee know about this tremendous home victory over a now unranked team?

im not arguing they deserve to be in the playoffs. i actually said they didn't without their qb. but i do think people underrate them. and i don't think the weak scheduling is 100% their fault. i suspect p5 teams may hesitate to schedule them.

well see if they win another new years 6 bowl game and can revisit this discussion.

im not arguing they deserve to be in the playoffs. i actually said they didn't without their qb. but i do think people underrate them. and i don't think the weak scheduling is 100% their fault. i suspect p5 teams may hesitate to schedule them.

well see if they win another new years 6 bowl game and can revisit this discussion.
I hope they match up against an in-state school like Florida in the NY6, assuming they beat Memphis

Florida will come ready to play that game. I doubt Auburn was up for a game against UCF last year. I know that’s a convenient thing to say but let’s say we beat ND and got a NY6, I’m just a fan, but I’d feel let down having to play our premier bowl against a non-P5 team.

But that's what I'm saying - it's an unbalanced process of elimination now. In a very weird way, because some can lose, and some can't.

I think we are saying the opposite things though. I believe you would rather have a process of elimination, although an unbalanced process of elimination where teams can get it simply by not losing, even if it is in a weak conference with a lackluster OOC schedule.

I dislike that thought process and am glad the CFP doesn't structure selections around simply not being eliminated by not losing with an easy schedule.

I am saying that I like the CFP system because it's about earning your way into it through building a resume, not by simply going undefeated against a weak schedule and this not being ‘eliminated’.

The bowl matchups will be announced on the ESPN College Football Playoff Selection Show which starts at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday.

Reporters often tweet out when bids are offered and accepted. Has NCAA managed to completely shut that all down? Or are we going to "unofficially" start hearing over the course of the week? I'd be stunned if they successfully enforced a gag order

Reporters often tweet out when bids are offered and accepted. Has NCAA managed to completely shut that all down? Or are we going to "unofficially" start hearing over the course of the week? I'd be stunned if they successfully enforced a gag order
I bet its 90% that we hear before Sunday.

The canceled games were never made up, correct? I would imagine those games caused some teams to miss another chance to get to 6 wins and thus a bowl.

Vegas gives ECU a 5% chance to win outright vs. NC State Saturday, so its not like CWB committee needs to wait on that outcome.

The NCAA has nothing to do with regular season or postseason D-1A football. AMOF, year in and year out the NCAA gets a grand total of $0.00 from all aspects of D-1A football. (Thank you, Regents of Georgia and Oklahoma.)

If anyone has actually tried to cut down on schools' jumping the gun, it would be the conference front offices.

The team that lost to Purdue by a zillion, and beat Maryland in OT by one is in the final four. I absolutely don't get it.

You mean beat Maryland by one in OT because the Maryland QB overthrew an easy pass to a wide open receiver in the endzone on the conversion to win the game. It was nothing OSU did, trust me. I watched that play and game, and I still have no clue how the Maryland QB missed that throw so badly.

So it's looking like this

CFP- Clemson

Camping World- Syracuse

Belk- NC State
Pinstripe- Pittsburgh
Sun- Georgia Tech
Gator- Miami

Military- Virginia Tech
Independence- Virginia
Quick Lane- Boston College
Gasparilla- Duke

Wake Forest? Birmingham Bowl Maybe

I honestly thought that a Texas A&M squad might be playing in the Camping World Bowl against us. Over the last few weeks I've been watching WVU play and come to the conclusion that West Virginia is the team that we will be facing. It's going to be great watching 2 of the old Big East Conference rivals playing again and Syracuse beating the pants off of them.
GO CUSE;

I honestly thought that a Texas A&M squad might be playing in the Camping World Bowl against us. Over the last few weeks I've been watching WVU play and come to the conclusion that West Virginia is the team that we will be facing. It's going to be great watching 2 of the old Big East Conference rivals playing again and Syracuse beating the pants off of them.
GO CUSE;

Unfortunately, Texas A&M has moved from Big 12 to SEC in last conference alignment. Possible opponents are Oklahoma and Texas title game loser, West Virginia and Iowa State.