Updates from other Boards | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Updates from other Boards

id rather have vonleh more than roberson. but no way we lose roberson to rutgers if we really wanted him. give me a break its rutgers

I believe Vonleh said he's waiting 'til spring. That kind of eliminates him, in my book. That usually indicates that there is $ involved, and those around the kid are looking at the highest bidder / big time school where somebody had a great tournament run and is declaring early, clearing space for Vonleh (or any spring commit) to come in. That's not our M.O. The few times we've taken spring recruits that I recall, it's been to fill a need, like with Kristof Ongenaet.

Vonleh's camp has said that UNC has slipped behind. I believe the term used was they haven't been "showing him as much love"

There were 4 schools that were showing him the most love, including SU.

UConn is down but will come back quick IMO. 24 mil to build a new basketball facility will help that.

The only thing I can say [and I qualify this by acknowledging that I haven't seen either Ennis / Jordan play in person to gauge their respective skill sets] is that maybe the coaching staff thinks that they can play together.

People [not you, Gabjon] get so hung up on positions--maybe they are both combos who can play in tandem. Jordan is supposedly 6-3 6-4, so maybe he projects as a 2.

I know, I know--we have Cooney and Gbinije in the fold. But I like the idea of bringing in the top guys we can and letting PT considerations sort themselves out in practice. My concern is that we lose both Triche and MCW this offseason, and we will be heading into next year with a completely rookie PG and have the same lack of depth considerations in the backcourt next year that we'll be facing this year.

I completely agree but fighting for PT with 3 other top 50 players is a tough sell when other programs are saying come here and be the man.

PPGRPGAPG
2.7 1.5 2.1

I know it's blasphemy here, but I'm going to assume MCW is coming back for his JR year until he improves those averages a little.

Completely agree but if you are Jordan why would you be quick to sign-up for that especially if MCW comes back (which don't believe he will)
Given that Ennis was our top target, it is possible that Jordan might be the better player.

If they both make it on campus, game on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I thought Syracuse WAS north Philly, or is it Philly North?

Don't forget that we're also Philly East, since we play home games in Atlantic City. Or does that mean we're Piscataway South? We have so many home courts I forget.

PPGRPGAPG
2.7 1.5 2.1

I know it's blasphemy here, but I'm going to assume MCW is coming back for his JR year until he improves those averages a little.

You're right--there's no possible way that he'd improve on those averages. Past performance is always the determinant of future success--hands down. Going from the fourth guard last year to a starter this year won't have any impact on this former McDonald All-American's production. I can't imagine why anybody would even be getting excited about this kid.

You're right--there's no possible way that he'd improved on those averages. Past performance is always the determinant of future success--hands down. Going from the fourth guard last year to a starter this year won't have any impact on this former McDonald All-American's production. I can't imagine why anybody would even be getting excited about this kid.

LOL sorry I'm not jumping to conclusions based on 2.7 ppg and a good performance in garbage time vs St Johns.

LOL sorry I'm not jumping to conclusions based on 2.7 ppg and a good performance in garbage time vs St Johns.

LOL "jumping to conclusions"

Skepticism is fine, but I have a feeling you'll be changing your tune pretty quickly once you see what this kid can do.

Yeah, I'm going to wait until he's the starter and primary ballhandler until I start declaring him 2 and done. Lots of guys can shine when they're the tenth guy, or it's October in the Melo Center.

Yeah, I'm going to wait until he's the starter and primary ballhandler until I start declaring him 2 and done. Lots of guys can shine when they're the tenth guy, or it's October in the Melo Center.

As stated above, skepticism is fine [even though I'm quite confident you are going to be proven 100% wrong on this].

I'm just pointing out that your rationale about his freshman year stats is as completely irrelevant as some of the rationalization about him being a surefire 2 and done.

As stated above, skepticism is fine [even though I'm quite confident you are going to be proven 100% wrong on this].

I'm just pointing out that your rationale about his freshman year stats is as completely irrelevant as some of the rationalization about him being a surefire 2 and done.

My point was that I want to see more than what MCW has shone in limited PT before I assume he's gone after this year. Any idiot knows that he's going to improve on 2.6 ppg.

hell you haven't even given me a real reason to be less skeptical. Jus tthat "I'm going to be proven wrong." Solid analyisis!

I'm really not sure why you're so defensive over this.

My point was that I want to see more than what MCW has shone in limited PT before I assume he's gone after this year. Any idiot knows that he's going to improve on 2.6 ppg. I'm really not sure why you're so defensive over this.

Apparently, not all idiots.

Totally kidding, Doc--have a good weekend. Not worth arguing over, as MCW is probably going to have a very good year, whether that translates into NBA early entry or not.

MCW is probably going to have a very good year, whether that translates into NBA early entry or not.
Yes, that's the rub. There is a huge gap between 4th guard and 1st round NBA draft pick. Let's see how it plays out.

PPGRPGAPG
2.7 1.5 2.1

Yep, it's completely his fault that he was stuck behind a fifth-year senior and a top-5 draft pick. The nerve of the guy.

Yep, it's completely his fault that he was stuck behind a fifth-year senior and a top-5 draft pick. The nerve of the guy.

Jesus Christ.

It doen't matter WHY he put up those numbers. I know he's extremely talented and I know he got squeezed out of PT because we were so guard heavy last year. However the gap between doing good in garbage time as option #10 and early entry is pretty wide. No one knows how he's going to perform when he's the #1 guard going against the best in the Big East. If/when he turns out to be a stud I'll own up to it, because we'll be pretty sick as a team if MCW is that kind of player.

I feel like the "MCW is gone to the NBA" meme is reaching "Paul Harris is Chuck Norris" levels.

everybody love everybody... We're all 'Cuse fans for cripes sakes.

everybody love everybody... We're all 'Cuse fans for cripes sakes.

i dont know about that. I do know that Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime and that Everybody Needs Somebody to Love: you know, a sweetheart to miss, sugar to kiss.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

if MCW bolts and is a lottery pick after this season, then that can only mean we had an amazing yr with a possible final four appearance. im cool with that.