Updates from other Boards | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Updates from other Boards

Jesus Christ.

It doen't matter WHY he put up those numbers. I know he's extremely talented and I know he got squeezed out of PT because we were so guard heavy last year. However the gap between doing good in garbage time as option #10 and early entry is pretty wide. No one knows how he's going to perform when he's the #1 guard going against the best in the Big East. If/when he turns out to be a stud I'll own up to it, because we'll be pretty sick as a team if MCW is that kind of player.

I feel like the "MCW is gone to the NBA" meme is reaching "Paul Harris is Chuck Norris" levels.

I never said he's gone. It's way too early to make that kind of absolute conclusion, but some things can be inferred by the fact that the staff is preparing for the possibility of him leaving.

LOL sorry I'm not jumping to conclusions based on 2.7 ppg and a good performance in garbage time vs St Johns.
Did you even watch any of the games last year?

Did you even watch any of the games last year?

Yes, not that it matters.

Im not willing to say that a guy who put up less than 3 points a game is a lock for the lottery in 2013. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

I kind of feel like people are confusing my saying "I'll wait and see what he can do as a starter" with "Michael Carter-Williams is not good."

I kind of feel like people are confusing my saying "I'll wait and see what he can do as a starter" with "Michael Carter-Williams is not good."
But you had to go bring PH into the argument and Chuck Norris.

In terms of hype...not his ultimate development.

Paul Harris had a lot of hype.

I agree with doc. I believe he will be a good player this year because he has a year under his belt and because he will have a chance to showcase his talent. I'm not ready to say he will be a BE POY canidate yet or even off to the NBA after this year. That being said I have a reasonable high expectation for MCW and am very excited to see him prove a lot of posters on here who are all in on him right. BBall is right around the corner and I'm so ready!

In terms of hype...not his ultimate development.

Paul Harris had a lot of hype.

I hear you but MCW is 6-5 PG and Paul was a 6-3 sf and while fans are not allowed at practice scouts are more than welcome. From what I was told last year MCW was very impressive in front of the scouts to the point that JB is going all in on getting a second guard in this class. Keep in mind MCW is older than Dion and the following draft looks to be loaded the writing is on the wall!

FWIW, I think Doc's position is more than reasonable. While I think MCW has all the tools to excel, the proof of a pudding is always in the eating.

MCW could jump to the NBA next year if he makes the leap, but so too could any underclassman on the team.

Personally, I think that both MCW and Rak are going to make huge leaps this year that will have both of them considering the jump, but its far from a sure thing that either one will (because it will depend on so many other factors than just their own improvement - such as projected draft position).

FWIW, I think Doc's position is more than reasonable. While I think MCW has all the tools to excel, the proof of a pudding is always in the eating.

MCW could jump to the NBA next year if he makes the leap, but so too could any underclassman on the team.

Personally, I think that both MCW and Rak are going to make huge leaps this year that will have both of them considering the jump, but its far from a sure thing that either one will (because it will depend on so many other factors than just their own improvement - such as projected draft position).

I agree but the following draft class ('14) is rated higher than ('13) class. The Harrison twins, Randle, Parker, etc. I don't think MCW or Rak for that matter (I'm not that sold on Rak's development) want to fall to that class they will be a year older which is a big negative in the numbers game of the NBA.

It's wishful thinking to believe MCW will be back next season.

Dude, there's no guarantee that he's going to completely fulfill expectations. I think people would peg it at about 70% or better, but he's not guaranteed to be gone. That's been Doc's point, and it's legit. I think we all agree he'll be very good, but whether he'll be the best PG in the Big East is not a certainty.

Dude, there's no guarantee that he's going to completely fulfill expectations. I think people would peg it at about 70% or better, but he's not guaranteed to be gone. That's been Doc's point, and it's legit. I think we all agree he'll be very good, but whether he'll be the best PG in the Big East is not a certainty.
At 70% or better that he will be gone next year, that wouldn't be wishful thinking that he will be back next year?