Updates from other Boards | Syracusefan.com

Updates from other Boards

Subob1

Walk On
Includes the views of Alex Kline among others, Jordan slight Temple lean, Vonleh slight UNC lean but SU serious contender, Roberson slight Rutgirls lean because of PT, Lawrence a wild card, Anya no go after recent commit. fWIW.

ive seen a few people say indaia and cuse are the favs for vonleh

ive seen a few people say indaia and cuse are the favs for vonleh
As per Jerry Meyer 247 guy. Where on earth does anyone think Roberson is a RU lean?

As per Jerry Meyer 247 guy. Where on earth does anyone think Roberson is a RU lean?
The argument is: close to home, immediate PT, big fish small pond, likes Coach.

I don't think there's any way Anya doesn't go to IU

So now we are losing recruits to Temple and Rutgers? This is basketball not football.

So now we are losing recruits to Temple and Rutgers? This is basketball not football.
Rysheed loves north Philly. No shame in losing him to Temple if that's the case.

Rutgers just seems like where Jersey kids go when they have no other options. If they have talent and they somehow get duped into going there, they soon realize their mistake and transfer.

Rutgers just seems like where Jersey kids go when they have no other options. If they have talent and they somehow get duped into going there, they soon realize their mistake and transfer.
Like mike teabag.

id rather have vonleh more than roberson. but no way we lose roberson to rutgers if we really wanted him. give me a break its rutgers

id rather have vonleh more than roberson. but no way we lose roberson to rutgers if we really wanted him. give me a break its rutgers
Same here.

I think the bigger issue is fighting Ennis for playing time at the PG

It seemed strange to me that they are actively pursuing Jordan so had with Ennis already in the fold. But when you factor in some of the things that have been suggested this week about MCW possibly leaving after this year, makes sense that we need to load up in the backcourt.

Would like to add Jordan, if possible.

It seemed strange to me that they are actively pursuing Jordan so had with Ennis already in the fold. But when you factor in some of the things that have been suggested this week about MCW possibly leaving after this year, makes sense that we need to load up in the backcourt.

Would like to add Jordan, if possible.

Completely agree but if you are Jordan why would you be quick to sign-up for that especially if MCW comes back (which don't believe he will)

I'm sure Rice is selling them on the fact the UConn is down and SU is leaving and that the recruits have an opportunity to make Rutgers the dominant team in the metro area.

Completely agree but if you are Jordan why would you be quick to sign-up for that especially if MCW comes back (which don't believe he will)

The only thing I can say [and I qualify this by acknowledging that I haven't seen either Ennis / Jordan play in person to gauge their respective skill sets] is that maybe the coaching staff thinks that they can play together.

People [not you, Gabjon] get so hung up on positions--maybe they are both combos who can play in tandem. Jordan is supposedly 6-3 6-4, so maybe he projects as a 2.

I know, I know--we have Cooney and Gbinije in the fold. But I like the idea of bringing in the top guys we can and letting PT considerations sort themselves out in practice. My concern is that we lose both Triche and MCW this offseason, and we will be heading into next year with a completely rookie PG and have the same lack of depth considerations in the backcourt next year that we'll be facing this year.