Urban Meyer Knew of Abuse Allegations Against Ohio State Coach in 2015 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Urban Meyer Knew of Abuse Allegations Against Ohio State Coach in 2015

This is the most confusing thing to me. Since when is spending $600 of your own money at a strip club a crime? I get the murky morality stuff but it was not like he was using a company card. Who cares if Tom Herman was there?

We are a society that seeks to punish success at all costs, fueled be a for-profit media empire and an over-zealous legal & law enforcement empire.

And the irony is that our society is becoming "ultra-moral" on the public-facing side of itself, just as it becomes amoral on the private side of it. So, it's all-good to do it, i.e. you can live with yourself, BUT, if the media finds out about it and tweets something you are now unemployable and must move on...primarily due to the enhanced legal risk associated with the fame. It's all OK unless you're "caught".

Basically, there are now too many "journalists" and too many lawyers & laws, and they all need to be fed, so any perceived violation, even if it's not, is driven to extremes until the person and family are ruined.

It’s tough luck for Zack Smith right now. He was riding high at The Ohio State in a protected buffer. He was having it his way and now he’s regarded as reprehensible and unemployable. He went from $250,000 a year to zero in 60 seconds.

Ah, the ol' "But what about the children" defense.

It's a good thing Zach hasn't done anything that is detrimental to his children. except for beating up their mother, cheating on their mother, drinking and driving, doing drugs, taking pics of his thang at the White House, having sex with a secretary in his office. but besides that...

Last edited:
This is the most confusing thing to me. Since when is spending $600 of your own money at a strip club a crime? I get the murky morality stuff but it was not like he was using a company card. Who cares if Tom Herman was there?

there were high school coaches there, I am not positive, but I think that may be an NCAA violation.

Insert Brett McMurphy face on Jon Lovitz.

images

At least someone over there had some morals. They cleaned that up real quick and in a hurry.

What amazes me is they're dumb enough to keep making statements - doing interviews. They've been the gold standard of what not to do throughout a PR nightmare.

Can someone tell me why, as an employer, I have any responsibility to concern myself with the domestic issues of an employee, particularly when there is no discernable impact on job performance.
I know colleges would rather be PC than right, but on the whole, I think this shift by the media to have social and private punishment, without an admission or trial, is disturbing.
See Ruben Foster's allegations.
There are countless others were such allegations are just untrue and are an attempt to injure the other person. You would be niave to think those cases don't exist.
(Not saying either is the case here: we just don't know what is true.)

Can someone tell me why, as an employer, I have any responsibility to concern myself with the domestic issues of an employee, particularly when there is no discernable impact on job performance.
I know colleges would rather be PC than right, but on the whole, I think this shift by the media to have social and private punishment, without an admission or trial, is disturbing.
See Ruben Foster's allegations.
There are countless others were such allegations are just untrue and are an attempt to injure the other person. You would be niave to think those cases don't exist.
(Not saying either is the case here: we just don't know what is true.)

Well, there is the whole duty to report thing that both urban and his wife had. Since they are state employees at a federally funded place of employment, i believe they do have enhanced responsibility under the law.

There is also the argument that the old way of doing things, when wife beating was acceptable, is no longer acceptable in our country. One way to combat that is to hold people responsible for their actions, not just criminally, but in otherways as well. For example, if a lawyer commits domestic violence or some other type of professional, they likely lose their license to practice.

Now, youre due process argument may be a good one. But that is why employers have independent investigations. I believe there was photo evidence in this case. Hard to argue with that. Also, i am almost 100% positive that zach smith can appeal his termination, if he chooses. Thats more due process there.

The most EXTRAORDINARY part of this story though— and it is apparent in the rinaldi interview — is urban’s wife falling on the sword. Now urban is being tactful about it so she does it to herself, but there is ZERO chance that urban’s wife did not share the photos with him. Can you imagine if you were a manager and someone texted your spouse photos of a battered woman and the woman claimed it was caused by your subordinate and your spouse NOT showing you the photos? Pure BS

Well, there is the whole duty to report thing that both urban and his wife had. Since they are state employees at a federally funded place of employment, i believe they do have enhanced responsibility under the law.

There is also the argument that the old way of doing things, when wife beating was acceptable, is no longer acceptable in our country. One way to combat that is to hold people responsible for their actions, not just criminally, but in otherways as well. For example, if a lawyer commits domestic violence or some other type of professional, they likely lose their license to practice.

Now, youre due process argument may be a good one. But that is why employers have independent investigations. I believe there was photo evidence in this case. Hard to argue with that. Also, i am almost 100% positive that zach smith can appeal his termination, if he chooses. Thats more due process there.

The most EXTRAORDINARY part of this story though— and it is apparent in the rinaldi interview — is urban’s wife falling on the sword. Now urban is being tactful about it so she does it to herself, but there is ZERO chance that urban’s wife did not share the photos with him. Can you imagine if you were a manager and someone texted your spouse photos of a battered woman and the woman claimed it was caused by your subordinate and your spouse NOT showing you the photos? Pure BS

Absolutely agree. Zero chance she withheld those texts from him. Letting her take the "fall," is cowardly. If you haven't paid attention to the plight of (R) Congressman Duncan Hunter, who is doing the same thing, it seems to be the norm these days for men who are too weak to face repercussions for their own actions.