Urban Meyer Knew of Abuse Allegations Against Ohio State Coach in 2015 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Urban Meyer Knew of Abuse Allegations Against Ohio State Coach in 2015

I'm amazed that the people from Ohio State that put together that press conference get paid actual money.

Memory lapses? Oh for fox sake.

Hey, at least the excuse is already built in for the next one.

I felt like I was watching my 3 yr old give me completely irrational excuses as to why she needs something.

I mean, just own your stuff, people aren't that naive. It's more offensive to expect people to eat this horse shite.

Who was the last legendary OSU coach whose tenure didn’t end in flaming controversy?

Tressel? Show cause, baby!
Hayes? The Columbus cold cLock (Chip’s fav/rooster euphemism that disappeared from my original post)
Meyer? In process

(Cooper couldn’t beat Michigan and didn’t win any chips)

Last edited:

Deleting all your texts after the story is published doesn't exactly sound like the actions of an innocent man. A 3 game suspension seems low for deleting potential evidence in and of itself.
Evidence of what? Certainly not a crime (on his behalf)

I'm amazed that the people from Ohio State that put together that press conference get paid actual money.

Memory lapses? Oh for fox sake.

Hey, at least the excuse is already built in for the next one.

I felt like I was watching my 3 yr old give me completely irrational excuses as to why she needs something.

I mean, just own your stuff, people aren't that naive. It's more offensive to expect people to eat this horse shite.

It almost sounds like they are saying he has early alzheimers. I mean good grief, the CEO of your football program has memory lapses and trouble remembering things about something as serious as this, yet you still think he can run a multi-million dollar program?

I think the investigators believe he was lying, however they have no or not enough proof to show cause concerning his contract. Or at least that is what they are implying, so they don't have to fire him.

"Meyer stood in front of a room full of reporters and television cameras Wednesday night, taking center stage in what was the biggest story in sports, and apologized more to "Buckeye Nation" than he did to Courtney Smith.

It's not just what Meyer said or the adolescent, bumbling way in which he delivered it. It's what he didn't say -- starting with her name."

News conference shows Urban Meyer still doesn't get it

I agree about McMurphy. Ego. Definitely personal. He admitted that he didn’t even reach out to to the human beings on the other side of his story. Not even for comment. That’s standard practice afaik but he had to be first to break the story. This article looks at his overzealous approach.

Brett McMurphy, Writing With Redemption Or Destruction?

yeah an article by some pro Buckeye hack. no one was telling Courtney Smith's side and everyone, from police to OSU staff, were covering it up. screw them, screw Buckeye Nation. He made it personal, perhaps because he was the one to see all the photos and texts and wanted her story out there. McMurphy doesn't do this article, that scumbag Smith is still on staff at OSU and I don't care what some OSU shill has to say about it. Meyer and Gene Smith should both have been canned.

Urban Meyer’s Ohio State. What a joke his wife could see this and Smith kept his job.
1535030548456.jpeg

Feel so bad for Urban. After this , he and his family will have to try to survive on 4 or 5 million dollars this year. Guess I will run into him in the line at Aldi.
I laughed

I haven't been able to watch the coverage this morning, you know, having to do work or something like that...

Are they getting slammed by the media?

So the report states that AD Gene Smith told Meyer to acknowledge the arrests in '09 and '15 at the Big Ten Media Day but Urban decided to basically blatantly lie. OSU's report frames this lie as being too engrossed into the upcoming football season and Meyer has memory lapses due to medicine he takes (despite having just been reminded recently in a text message). This has got to be a joke.

What a sham of an investigation and Urban Meyer should be fired (especially with his deletion of evidence). If I was an OSU alum I would be pushing for some turnover on the board. I honestly don't know if this could have been handled much worse.

The B1G is everything bad about college athletics. What a disgusting group of money hungry criminals. What is Northwestern doing still associating with them?

The University of Chicago had it right in 1939.

The B1G is everything bad about college athletics. What a disgusting group of money hungry criminals. What is Northwestern doing still associating with them?

The University of Chicago had it right in 1939.

Well they could associate with the money-hungry criminals in the Big XII. I'm not sure if any of the other money-hungry criminals would extend an invite, but we'd have thought the same about Louisville in the Atlantic Coast Conference or Utah in the Pacific 8/10/12, so I might be wrong.

But seriously, are we ever going to get to a point where boards of trustees or university administrators start demonstrating some values and putting aside their greed?

I fear not. And I'm disappointed in decent people like Clark Kellogg who support this enterprise.

In Ohio, football is more important than domestic violence and the condoning of said violence. Hope Urban never sees another title game. Go Big Blue (**cough cough, hack, swish with soap, spit**)

yeah an article by some pro Buckeye hack. no one was telling Courtney Smith's side and everyone, from police to OSU staff, were covering it up. screw them, screw Buckeye Nation. He made it personal, perhaps because he was the one to see all the photos and texts and wanted her story out there. McMurphy doesn't do this article, that scumbag Smith is still on staff at OSU and I don't care what some OSU shill has to say about it. Meyer and Gene Smith should both have been canned.
Did you read the article? Be honest. It makes no claim to support Meyer or Smith’s conduct in any way, even calls for his firing if certain parts are true. It’s well written and supported. It is personal for McMurphy based on his reaction to Meyer and others as well as his history for making things personal which is well documented on his own pages. And as the article mentioned, another outlet was working on the story way before McMurphy had it. One decided to investigate and fact check, the other didn’t. Right or wrong in the end, McMurphy seems to have different motivations than some may think.