USC -24 | Syracusefan.com

USC -24

Wow. I was thinking it would be higher. Guess we impressed some folks in Vegas.

Im not saying we wont get blown out but if the sideline ref doesnt throw that bs flag and we hold on a 4th and 6 to win the game, do you still think -24 would be too big of a spread? We would all be talking about how bad we played, how many points we gave NW and still won.

Well ... I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'd expect the line to move closer to -30 by game time, which basically means that YES, the line service that put out this line was wrong. The sports books do NOT want to see lines move at all and are pretty unhappy when they move either way by two or more points.

Every frickin' week, the line services that the Vegas sports books use are wrong in certain games ... otherwise there would not be significant (2 points or more) swings in the line from its opening to its close.

Hell ... Vegas took a complete bath on the Ohio @ Penn State game yesterday. The line opened with Penn State favored at -15.5 and spiraled down to -5.5. With significant "smart guy" money coming in on Ohio on the day of the game. The books basically lost a super majority of bets on that game.

Im not saying we wont get blown out but if the sideline ref doesnt throw that bs flag and we hold on a 4th and 6 to win the game, do you still think -24 would be too big of a spread? We would all be talking about how bad we played, how many points we gave NW and still won.

Yes. Even with a W yesterday (as in NW doesn't score the final touchdown) ... a line of -24 in my humble opinion would be too low. The line would still move towards -30 way too much. I just cannot see whichever book opened the USC @ SU line at -24 ending up with a 50/50 split on game side bets. And as the spread gets moved towards 30, in an effort to get more SU wagers, the very real possibility of a "middle" exists.

Yes. Even with a W yesterday (as in NW doesn't score the final touchdown) ... a line of -24 in my humble opinion would be too low. The line would still move towards -30 way too much. I just cannot see whichever book opened the USC @ SU line at -24 ending up with a 50/50 split on game side bets. And as the spread gets moved towards 30, in an effort to get more SU wagers, the very real possibility of a "middle" exists.
Im going to the game, and I expect it to be a blowout BUT its funny how much of a difference 0-1 makes compared to 1-0.

At 0-1 its all about how stupid our team is, how many penalties we commit, how our defense while solid couldnt hold when put in tough situations. Its about how bad our special teams coverage is and the fact that our hardcore disciplinarian of a coach has a team that plays with the discipline of the Raiders on their worst day. All valid points but its so easily could have and should have been how we handed NW 14 points and put them in position due to our mistakes for another 14 and still won showing heart, grit and a sick aerial attack that should only get better with Pugh, Stevens, Thompson and Lemon coming back.

If we play like we did against NW with just half the mistakes, we beat everyone on our schedule except USC.

For some reason I think we can keep it close. This team showed alot that I didnt think we had.

By the way ... World Sports Exchange has the USC/SU game at -26 already.

Two things, orangebud i apologize for my ridiculous condescending post. Could be ugly. And the line went to -26 right away. There was really never any action
At -24

to open

Lay the points. I'm getting the same feeling that I got the week of the 2001 Miami game (59-0). Not saying it will be that bad but I'd have no problem taking USC at anything lower than 35. With USC getting jumped in the polls they will run up the score this weekend.

USC obviously has the talent edge, but I don't believe it's a 26 point edge. If Syracuse comes out & punches them in the mouth with some of those hard hits like the last game, it could get interesting.

Those USC star talents are afraid to break a nail, & will complain about vaginal discomfort throughout the affair.

This could turn into a Griswold family excursion for the boys out of LA LA Land...

Keep in mind USC only won by 21 at home vs Cuse last year and we left points on the field. Im sure Vegas remembers as much

Line moved to USC-28 then money came in on SU...driving it down to 26

Arbitrage!
images

Was hoping it'd be higher than 34. That way we could break the record for a dog winning outright (not sure if it still stands) again - just like when ARob went buck wild down in Louisville :cool:

Was hoping it'd be higher than 34. That way we could break the record for a dog winning outright (not sure if it still stands) again - just like when ARob went buck wild down in Louisville :cool:
I think USC losing to stanford that next season or so broke that record

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom