USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

Someone pull me back from the ledge and tell me we’ll come out of this ok. By “ok” I mean having a chair when the music stops.

We don't want to be in the BIG or SEC we'd get murdered in those 2 leagues.

I don't think those leagues will get that big how does it benefit anyone to be in a 24 team league and never play most of your conference members? ACC also looks to clearly be #3 right now and ahead of the P12 and B12.

Can we just get the blatantly obvious over with?

ND & Stanford to the B1G

And then whomever the SEC wants, and I say just go to 20…take Fla St, Clemson, UNC and UVA and get this round over with.

Puts the ball back in the B1Gs hands and they likely go Oregon & Cal. 4 pods of 5, there’s the west coast one.

I’m going to the Rutgers board, signinng up as RutgersUEO…and starting an ‘All Inclusive Syracuse Dumpster Fire’ thread.

Stanford has NO fans. Oregon will get an invite to join ND before them.

I don't think those leagues will get that big how does it benefit anyone to be in a 24 team league and never play most of your conference members? ACC also looks to clearly be #3 right now and ahead of the P12 and B12.
ACC needs to do a bit of damage to the B12 and/or the P12 and get a new TV deal.

I could see the SEC taking Wake to bolster their academics. BC and Cuse for academics and to solidify themselves into the Northeast. But that would probably happen after they gobble up others like Clemson, Miami, NC State and Va Tech first.
I don’t think academics will have anything to do with the expansion being discussed, except that eventually they may end the charade and have no classes at all.

where does all the TV money come if we end up with 2 conf.. who will want to watch so few teams fight it out at that point? 2.3 of those teams will have no chance to ever win so their fans will become like Vandy..

I could see the SEC taking Wake to bolster their academics. BC and Cuse for academics and to solidify themselves into the Northeast. But that would probably happen after they gobble up others like Clemson, Miami, NC State and Va Tech first.
There is no scenario where the SEC takes BC and/or SU. None.

ACC needs to do a bit of damage to the B12 and/or the P12 and get a new TV deal.

Big 12 schools don't help us. Texas programs are 2nd rate as is KSU/OSU/ISU.

Arizona and Washington would be nice adds. I'd take those 2 and then let the rest of the B12 and P12 gobble up the MWC.

Non revenue programs at P12 schools are screwed this is awful for them. Hoops and Football its fine those people are used to watching sports at 4pm and the rest of the conference won't mind having teams to put in the late slots.

ACC adds some good eyes and tv reach possibly the west coast and signs a deal to allow the playoff the way the sec wants ESPN jacks up what they pay the acc keeps content and controls two of the 3 top leagues.

Big 12 schools don't help us. Texas programs are 2nd rate as is KSU/OSU/ISU.

Arizona and Washington would be nice adds. I'd take those 2 and then let the rest of the B12 and P12 gobble up the MWC.

Non revenue programs at P12 schools are screwed this is awful for them. Hoops and Football its fine those people are used to watching sports at 4pm and the rest of the conference won't mind having teams to put in the late slots.
SMU, TCU and Baylor are not second rate, far from it. If so inclined SMU alumni and boosters also have shown they can play the semi-pro game with anybody.

My next thought is the ACC & PAC should just suspend the GOR and unzip their fly, see who bites. Once all the chess pieces are gone then they can rebuild officially.

Tired of the nonsense….

If they don’t want to be where they are or the the big 2 are just waiting to bite….just set them free.

Stop holding $$$ over their heads till they figure out how to escape anyway.

I don’t think academics will have anything to do with the expansion being discussed, except that eventually they may end the charade and have no classes at all.
The NCAA won’t have a wheelhouse for that to be out of.

My next thought is the ACC & PAC should just suspend the GOR and unzip their fly, see who bites. Once all the chess pieces are gone then they can rebuild officially.

Tired of the nonsense….

If they don’t want to be where they are or the the big 2 are just waiting to bite….just set them free.

Stop holding $$$ over their heads till they figure out how to escape anyway.
Why? So SU can give up over a 100m

SMU, TCU and Baylor are not second rate, far from it. If so inclined SMU alumni and boosters also have shown they can play the semi-pro game with anybody.

2/3 only joined the Big 12 recently when teams started defecting.

Baylor has won a fair bit recently but their fanbase is what 8th or 9th biggest in that state? Any program that could help us has left.

Exactly.. I’m certainly under no illusions that we are at all well positioned at the moment.

Our alumni base is likely far more connected than Rutgers, if that matters at all .. but Syracuse figuring out how to play P5 football asap would be extremely helpful.

B1G doesn’t need us for New York markets, so we’re basically just redundant.
We dicked-the-dog far to long in football and now we let ourselves become irrelevant in basketball to boot. Not looking good for the home team.

They won’t expand to 64.

This is all idealism.
The schools left out of the 2 super conference will become midmajors for football.

They won’t expand to 64 to include Boston College, Syracuse, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Kansas types.

Notre Dame is basically going to decide when the end game occurs.

Syracuse, Boston College, Duke, Pittsburgh, Wake, Louisville, Virginia, West Virginia will become the old Big East football conference which will be a level below the elite but above the rest of the midmajors.

ESPN has screwed the ACC it wasn’t hard to see this years ago. The super-conferences aren’t going to add pawns they will add power pieces.

Look in the mirror as much as I hate it Syracuse is now a pawn. Our football has sucked. We waited way too long to spend and invest. Our recruiting needed these facilities years ago.

Realignment is not about idealism it’s about money. We are going to go down a peg because football has sucked for over a decade and basketball doesn’t drive expansion.
I thought you were only making 1 post and then back into the ether.

Last edited:
Why? So SU can give up over a 100m
Yes.

Theyre not gonna get it anyway.

It’s not $$ taken out of the bank, just a lotto ticket they didn’t win.

Let this all shake out and then rebuild for real. Go for long term stability knowing where we stand.

There's nothing wrong with being Cincinnati or North Dakota State. Even at our best, we are closer in quality to those schools than we are to Clemson or Ohio State.
Your going full Boneyard.

We dicked-the-dog far to long in football and now we let ourselves become irrelevant in basketball to boot. Not looking good for the home team.
2 final fours and 4 or 5 sweet 16s in hoops in the last 9 years. Not too bad . Football 10-3 in 18 . I think we’re down but there are a lot worse around. Having a good year in football this year with some healthy crowds may not move the needle at all….. but it couldn’t hurt.

I’m with you. This is all so, so, so dumb. If the alums of UCLA want to watch their football team in Des Moines, and their admin wants to send their womens volleyball team to Columbus on a random weeknight in January, have at it.

Honestly, the best compromise would be for football conferences and all other sports conferences to split up. Let teams align regionally for all things but football, and let the golden 35-45 form 2 football mega leagues. Obviously that won’t happen, and I’m past really caring anymore. I didn’t really follow college sports the first 18 years of my life, I’ll just go back to that.
If they want to send the women's volleyball team to Columbus in January it'll have to be a post season scrimmage. The tournament is in December. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom