USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

USC gets more money but IMO doesn't get any closer to winning a national championship.
None of this has anything to do with winning. Never has. Never will.

This is about $$$.

These schools could care less about how many games they win or about travel now for games. Pure $$$ grab.

SO what is ESPN doing behind the scenes right now? Their prize is the SEC. Are they now pulling strings to rip apart the best aspects of the ACC to the SEC to make that the better asset as opposed to the Big/Fox?
Several SEC guys have saying for more than a couple of years that ESPN has planned this for a long time. And the plan features the SEC being given the ACC schools that ESPN considers the most valuable.

Does espn want 2 leagues it controls or 1 super league. Pac 12 schools being nugged to join the bigten sounds like a fox play to me and a makeup for texas and Oklahoma to the sec
ESPN does not 'own' the BT as it owns the ACC and SEC. So, yes, SC and UCLA to BT is about Fox and BT trying to keep pace with SEC and ESPN.

I think I heard on a podcast today that Kansas was mulling going independent in football and big east in basketball. Would the Big East take Cuse bball in its current condition?

I think I heard on a podcast today that Kansas was mulling going independent in football and big east in basketball. Would the Big East take Cuse bball in its current condition?
They would take us back but the issue is what do you do with football?

You can't be independent in football anymore and schedule (Kansas is nuts if they think that will work). Either you drop down a level (which means you will see the few fans that are left will stop showing up for the most part). Or you just close up shop (which we know won't happen).

Kansas has been knocking on some doors..
The ACC could add Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, Cincinnati, and two Texas schools (Baylor and Houston?).

So if Syracuse is left without a seat at the table do we have to choose a new favorite team?
How does this work if I lose my team?Does anyone know if they have a fandom guide somewhere that has the rules spelled out?

Several SEC guys have saying for more than a couple of years that ESPN has planned this for a long time. And the plan features the SEC being given the ACC schools that ESPN considers the most valuable.
The ultimate twist ending would be the SEC and ESPN looking North to add additional schools from states/regions they do not currently have a foothold in for TV eyeballs versus adding schools that would split up the pie more from locations where they are already king.

Remember the reason the Big Ten added Maryland and Rutgers and just went after USC and UCLA. Media markets, travel partners, etc.

SUOrange44

I’m not either. Doesn’t mean that SU is gonna make it into a chair when the music stops though. It is what it is. We have zero influence in this silly game.
I think that’s right.

Rick seems to think we will be fine but fine is relative. Could be 25 years of reshuffling. If the ACC does fall apart if I’m JW I take the controls and try and figure out how to restructure our geography and then in 20 years When Frankenstein realizes it needs more north east teams they can come and seduce the newly configured big east

I think the NCAA tourney is the big wildcard. That thing is billion dollar operation. We are part of that more than any football buildout. We should leverage our legacy in hoops and reconstitute our big east roots. A football only quadrant of the big east would make sense.

I think that’s right.

Rick seems to think we will be fine but fine is relative. Could be 25 years of reshuffling. If the ACC does fall apart if I’m JW I take the controls and try and figure out how to restructure our geography and then in 20 years When Frankenstein realizes it needs more north east teams they can come and seduce the newly configured big east

I think the NCAA tourney is the big wildcard. That thing is billion dollar operation. We are part of that more than any football buildout. We should leverage our legacy in hoops and reconstitute our big east roots. A football only quadrant of the big east would make sense.
It might make sense, but it won't make dollars and cents.

Don't be fooled this is the Big 10 and Pac 12 Merging. The Pac 12 only has like 3 or 4 valuable assets. The top 2 just moved. The Big 10 probably takes 2 more and the merger is complete.
UW, Oregon, Colorado and Arizona are valuable and viable. ASU and Utah are also decent assets.

If it really is all driven by the Networks… That makes me feel pretty good. I think Cuse knows a guy or two at ESPN.

I also think enough content is wanted by consumers to support 50-60 top tier teams. I think we fit in that top tier. Not sure how or when it all takes shape, but, we’ll be fine. We’re not dumping a quarter bill into the AD to go Patriot League.

This feels like another first type domino before seismic shifts. Interesting and exciting for me, not nostalgic anymore since the Big East was gutted. That was painful to watch, this isn’t.

From a pure dollar standpoint the SEC would add schools in geographic regions that it doesnt have.
SU BC Pittsburgh add the East.

Miami over FSU

Clemson because of the match ups.

NC because of its overall brand value

Those 6

From a pure dollar standpoint the SEC would add schools in geographic regions that it doesnt have.
SU BC Pittsburgh add the East.

Miami over FSU

Clemson because of the match ups.

NC because of its overall brand value

Those 6
NC State and Vtech are pure SEC culture schools, They would be at the top of the list.

12 years of GOR rights per school is an enormous amount of money.
The fact that ESPN would be sued in addition to the schools looking to leave makes me lean towards an Alliance/ Merger of the two.
SEC would own from the entire Eastern seaboard and Texas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom