USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

Agreed, which is why if ND left for B10, I could see them asking if they could bring BC, Miami, and SU along
If.ND goes.to the B1G, they will still want something close to their present scheduling format:

Navy
USC
Stanford
Five East Coast teams
Two Middle-America games
One Southern game
One open game

This is not 100%fixed, just a general.plan,. but it is a good guideline of what they do and why the aligned with the ACC. It would not be surprising to see if they worked out a plan to bring g some friends and "helped" other friends into a soft landing (a.k.a. voluntarily dissolve the ACC, split between the B1G and SEC, probably with a few left overs) which would ensure ND continues their historical scheduling and student (NOT football).recruiting.

Penn State and UMD would likely back this for a few more Eastern rivalries.

Does anyone think Bc, Pitt, and Miami would want to be a part of a lawsuit against Notre Dame? I doubt it as they would still want to play ND down the road. If ND wants to go, they are gone.

As for the rest of the ACC, I would think it’s best for everyone to figure out their next home as early as possible. If the ACC is going to lose 5 schools, so be it and figure out how to backfill. Forcing schools to stick together due to GORs when the situation has shifted is not a good game plan. Negotiate a price to leave and move on.

So if Syracuse is left without a seat at the table do we have to choose a new favorite team?
How does this work if I lose my team?Does anyone know if they have a fandom guide somewhere that has the rules spelled out?
I’m retiring in South Carolina in a couple years. I have an Orange wardrobe. I could adopt Klepson.

I wonder what this would do to the fanbases and revenue of the programs left out of the new world order leagues.. no idea on the analytics but gotta figure there is risk here even with the bigger programs mostly covered... a lot of ticked off cfb diehards isn't good for business.

Yes.
Because being on the open market is what makes the big bucks.

If you had
The PAC-10 + 14 ACC schools
You could get NBC, CBS, ESPN, Fox, Apple, Amazon, Netflix all bidding on your content.
You would have 24 teams with plenty of value.
Across the nation.

Getting on the open market is what raises the value of the contract.
The ACC is screwed because ESPN owns their content thru 2036 and is paying cheaper than it would if it was on the market.

If the ACC and Pac-12 dissolved and reformed as one right now it could survive if all the teams were invested together.

The Big XII doesn’t have any value because it’s power pieces left but the PAC-10+ 14 ACC do have enough now.
Good post. Would need to have all ACC teams locked into this since a dissolution would enable teams that jump to a different league to do so without fear of GOR.

I don’t think Syracuse makes the cut of a 48 team 2 league super conference.

By the way Rutgers is currently a better football team and in a better location than Syracuse

Exactly.. I’m certainly under no illusions that we are at all well positioned at the moment.

Our alumni base is likely far more connected than Rutgers, if that matters at all .. but Syracuse figuring out how to play P5 football asap would be extremely helpful.

B1G doesn’t need us for New York markets, so we’re basically just redundant.

This is bad news for college athletics. The writing has been on the wall, but we have been ignoring it. Syracuse could be in trouble and I feel for the students, alumns, and fan bases of the PAC-12 schools that are about to be kicked to the curb.

The ACC needs Notre Dame to join to save it. After that maybe invite BYU. Need schools with large national fan bases to move the needle and increase the TV contract for the ACC significantly. Not much available that the ACC could realistically get.

The Big Ten will likely add Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford. If not, it would be wise for the ACC to immediately extend invites.

I miss our history with West Virginia but they won’t do much for TV revenue. The same goes for the rest of the Big XII. Vanderbilt and Northwestern are pipe dreams. Yes they are outclassed on the football field, but they will not leave the immense wealth they are about to receive.
There are 44 teams left in the Big 12, ACC, Pac 12.
It's time for all 3 to combine, then you break them into 4 divisions of 11 each and go from there.
That includes the 4 new teams the Big 12 added.
Possibly Add Memphis, USF, Boice St, and San Diego St for 48 and 4 divisions of 12.
Have the entire country covered for football and basketball.
Then with the new conference, don't play any of the Big 10 or SEC schools, or Notre Dame unless it's a home and home.
And the new conference members get the 1st home game.

Just for yuks: ACC should propose adding ND, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, BYU and Baylor.

Have a Private School Division (Cuse, BC, WF, Duke, Miami, Louisville, ND, Stanford, BYU and Baylor) and a Public School Division (Va, VT, NC, NCS, Clemson, Florida State, GT, Pitt, Oregon, and Washington), each with 10 schools.

Play 5 games in your own division and 5 games in other division each year. Go to a 13 game schedule which leaves 3 out-of-conference games each year. New eyeballs in Texas, Cali, Oregon, Washington, and Utah.

As to BYU and Baylor, politics make strange bedfellows.

Does anyone think Bc, Pitt, and Miami would want to be a part of a lawsuit against Notre Dame? I doubt it as they would still want to play ND down the road. If ND wants to go, they are gone.

As for the rest of the ACC, I would think it’s best for everyone to figure out their next home as early as possible. If the ACC is going to lose 5 schools, so be it and figure out how to backfill. Forcing schools to stick together due to GORs when the situation has shifted is not a good game plan. Negotiate a price to leave and move on.

Suing schools is how you get left out. Noone is going to do it as there might be another round of expansion.

I think whatever remains of the ACC will be a good fit for us. We'd get murdered in the SEC or Big Ten in both sports really. I don't want to crap on the AD after pulling off the Dome reno but we let our best asset be driven into the gutter so the coach who hadn't had a respectable regular season since the first year in the ACC could coach his kids.

Someone pull me back from the ledge and tell me we’ll come out of this ok. By “ok” I mean having a chair when the music stops.

I’m retiring in South Carolina in a couple years. I have an Orange wardrobe. I could adopt Klepson.
I’ve lived in several locations and always hated the local team. I guess the times have changed and I might be forced to choose someone , I’m leaning toward Michigan.
Don’t know why , but I do love “Hail to the Victors” and I’ve always liked their football helmets.

If ND’s breach of contract costs them (a lot) more than their revenue from a game vs ND every three years? What about Louisville and NC State and their state AGs? If ND as reported did agree not to join any conference other than the ACC before 2036 they’ve got some very big checks to write to get out of that, and I don’t see any good reason to give them a pass.
Btw current BiG scheduling rules require nine conference games.

If.ND goes.to the B1G, they will still want something close to their present scheduling format:

Navy
USC
Stanford
Five East Coast teams
Two Middle-America games
One Southern game
One open game

This is not 100%fixed, just a general.plan,. but it is a good guideline of what they do and why the aligned with the ACC. It would not be surprising to see if they worked out a plan to bring g some friends and "helped" other friends into a soft landing (a.k.a. voluntarily dissolve the ACC, split between the B1G and SEC, probably with a few left overs) which would ensure ND continues their historical scheduling and student (NOT football).recruiting.

Penn State and UMD would likely back this for a few more Eastern rivalries.
The BiG currently requires nine conference games, so factor that in.

Can we just get the blatantly obvious over with?

ND & Stanford to the B1G

And then whomever the SEC wants, and I say just go to 20…take Fla St, Clemson, UNC and UVA and get this round over with.

Puts the ball back in the B1Gs hands and they likely go Oregon & Cal. 4 pods of 5, there’s the west coast one.

I’m going to the Rutgers board, signinng up as RutgersUEO…and starting an ‘All Inclusive Syracuse Dumpster Fire’ thread.

There are 120 teams that play FBS football. We'll all have chairs.

Some of us will be at the kiddie table, though.

There's nothing wrong with being Cincinnati or North Dakota State. Even at our best, we are closer in quality to those schools than we are to Clemson or Ohio State.

Wake is the smallest school inn a Major conference since Rice lost that status when the SWC died. Wake is the 4th schiool in a mid-sized state. No way Wake is wanted by SEC or BT or ESPN or Fox or CBS or NBC.
I could see the SEC taking Wake to bolster their academics. BC and Cuse for academics and to solidify themselves into the Northeast. But that would probably happen after they gobble up others like Clemson, Miami, NC State and Va Tech first. I hate all of this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom