USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

Big 12 making a final play to stay relevant. Has zero % chance of working. Even if you steal 6 PAC 12 schools, once the Big 10 or SEC comes calling for any of them (or any current Big 12 school) they will still jump.

All this does is kill the ACC quicker and make the Big 12 the solid #3 conference after the SEC and Big 10 split away.

That's the killer. The writing is on the wall, and everyone sees it. No matter the composition of this proposed 3rd tier conference, there will always be the "prisoner's dilemma" where every member would be stupid not to be quietly vying for admission into the SEC or B1G. Makes for a very uneasy partnership within the conference.

In my opinion, this is has been the case for the last decade or more. Nobody has ever left the B1G or the SEC. They are apex predators. As soon as a team leaves your conference for those greener pastures, you have established yourself as a feeder conference, which the ACC, Big 12, Pac12, AAC / Big East have shown that they are. Anyone in a feeder conference is just waiting to be the "next man up".

Taking SU and the Raiders out of the equation, I've prioritized the NFL over college football my whole life. Glad I made that decision.

Yep, I've become a year round NBA fan. Pre-season, regular season, post-season, draft, free agency, summer league... wash, rinse repeat.

I'm also a Giants fan (pretty big), Rangers fan (fandom has fallen off but getting back into hockey lately) and Mets (sort of my in-the-background sport).

I'll never not root for Cuse, but I've really shifted to more rooting for Cuse than hardcore following college sports at large. I mean, I guess I still follow them more than the normal person, but I'm not really catching the Indiana/Michigan game that would be on a random Wed in January, for example.

That's the WVU guy who was wrong about pretty much everything the last two major conference realignments. Couscuse is a better source
Their numbers might work if they're using amounts from the suppressed value contract, that can also be figured out in court.

That they are in negotiations with the Patriot league.
Looking forward to annual matchups with Mansfield and Hartford

Saw an interesting take, the P12 should offer the entire ACC. This would require the ACC to disband, but it would be better to go to market now vs being stuck in that ACC contract. For non FB it would pretty much be 2 separate conferences under one TV umbrella.

The problem is once the vote came in, I am sure some would then head off to the B1G or SEC instead of the P12. But at least we get to the end game now instead of dragging this out for years on end. Also I am sure ESPN would bring on a law suit vs the ACC schools.

But it puts them in a solid #3 spot with this move. Hurts the ACC. That's what it is. They are trying to be the solid #3 conference overall (#1 conference in the NCAA after the BIG10/SEC leave the NCAA.)

Plus all of these schools moving is nice, but it literally means nothing. Arizona moves to the Big 12, great, IF the Big 10 eventually calls they will just jump to the Big 10. Money is too great and need to be in one of the 2 conferences that matter.
It’s a short term play. Yes, they’ll be solid for now. They still won’t have much to offer the mega conferences: BYU, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, and Colorado.

stanford and cal have got to be in negotiations with the b1g.

the bevo skipped over them on purpose.

the ACC thinks its 1974...

Their numbers might work if they're using amounts from the suppressed value contract, that can also be figured out in court.

At this point I wouldn't rule out anything.

Our competition here is not the SEC or the B10. They’re going to do what they do. Our competition is the B12. We want to be firmly at #3, and that means being in position to reinforce ourselves once the SEC and/or B10 pilfer a couple (few?) teams. Those conferences may have gleaned everything from the PAC and B12 that they covet. Once they set their sights on the ACC we want to be in position to remain #3.

And I no longer want to hear the “academics” argument. The conferences don’t care about academic$.

Our competition here is not the SEC or the B10. They’re going to do what they do. Our competition is the B12. We want to be firmly at #3, and that means being in position to reinforce ourselves once the SEC and/or B10 pilfer a couple (few?) teams. Those conferences may have gleaned everything from the PAC and B12 that they covet. Once they set their sights on the ACC we want to be in position to remain #3.

And I no longer want to hear the “academics” argument. The conferences don’t care about academic$.
absolutely.

the SEC and b1g are going to do what theyre going to do, the only thing the ACC can do is find a way to be relevent.

sadly, that mighve been what the bevo just did.

not sure what can be done till the SEC and b1g are done.

good lord do we got to get out from under this stupidarse GOR and the ESPN contract which ends a thousand years from now.

Way back in the day, SU routinely played Oregon State. Have no idea why.
That is all.

Big XII may have thrown the ACC a solid by establishing a P4 if this goes down. (For now..)
Big XII is sitting prettier than ACC. If B1G wants more, their target should be Cal, Standord, Oregon, Washington and Colorado. PAC12 leftovers have no option to merge into Big XII, including Arizona, Arizona St, Utah at least, maybe even Washington St and Oregon St. The latter two could go to Mountain West. ACC has reached maximal capacity without any worthy target in the region.

Yikes bud, why are you taking this so personally? I’m just asking for your thoughts on why UNC would be an early target. Doesn’t even have to be you who responds, this is an open forum.
Because he’s the smartest person in the room. Just ask him

Because he’s the smartest person in the room. Just ask him
all joking aside, theres a lot of dumbass stupid opinions being thrown around in this room.

once again a lot of people needed to be sitting this one out, but alas...

There's the rub. No matter how you slice it, the B1G/SEC will covet more assets from the ACC than whatever's left of the Big 12/Pac-12. There are at least eight ACC teams in play, including ND.

That's why I'm pushing an ACC/Big East merger, including Kansas. Will be the best conference for basketball no matter what. The football division will have a decent product.

FOOTBALL/BASKETBALL DIVISION
Syracuse
Duke
Kansas
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
BC
Wake
UConn
WVU or Cincy

BASKETBALL DIVISION
Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Seton Hall
St. John's
Marquette
Butler
DePaul
Creighton
Xavier

There's the rub. No matter how you slice it, the B1G/SEC will covet more assets from the ACC than whatever's left of the Big 12/Pac-12. There are at least eight ACC teams in play, including ND.

That's why I'm pushing an ACC/Big East merger, including Kansas. Will be the best conference for basketball no matter what. The football division will have a decent product.

Syracuse
Duke
Kansas
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
BC
Wake
UConn
WVU or Cincy

BASKETBALL DIVISION
Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Seton Hall
St. John's
Marquette
Butler
DePaul
Creighton
Xavier
push away and push it all right in the trash.

iowa st v oregon st football will do better ratings than any hoop game you can match up from that list.

boy do i miss the headbang emoji...

I don't think it does. Just more mouths to feed. There are a lot of meh schools the ACC could add that really wouldn't add much as well.
Why don’t you think the ACC should be proactive in adding the best Pac 12 and Big 12 programs and markets, including, for instance, Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Arizona, ASU, Utah, Colorado, Kansas and two Texas schools? That could be the western division. Why should the ACC sit back and leave the poaching to the Big 12? We have the GOR.

Syracuse
Duke
Kansas
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
BC
Wake
UConn
WVU or Cincy

BASKETBALL DIVISION
Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Seton Hall
St. John's
Marquette
Butler
DePaul
Creighton
Xavier
Our best shot at any sense of future is to goo...
MV5BZmU0M2Y1OGUtZjIxNi00ZjBkLTg1MjgtOWIyNThiZWIwYjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom