USC is NOT Firing Clay Helton | Syracusefan.com

USC is NOT Firing Clay Helton

Would almost rather have it opened this year. When Helton gets canned next year Babers will have less on his buyout and another successful season under his belt.

Now we just have to dodge Colorado, Purdue, Louisville and Illinois

I know that’s why I find it amazing legitimate journo’s actually list him as a possible candidate. Talk about a crap perception.
Ah, gotcha. Didn't catch the sarcasm in your post.

Yesssssssssss
IncomparableSpicyAmericanblackvulture-max-1mb.gif

Babers to Colorado
Why would he move to a program that is at best a lateral? Doubt Colorado will offer enough to make it an offer he can't refuse.

I wasnt a journalism major, but how is tweeting that some guy who is currently employed, who will be coaching his weekend, and where there has not been a single sourced report he is out, is going to stay employed, "breaking" news? Also, he has a single unnamed source.

Watch this - "Breaking, Dino Babers is not being fired, per an unnamed source."

Kind of find it hard to believe that USC is going to bring back a 5-7 coach.

Would almost rather have it opened this year. When Helton gets canned next year Babers will have less on his buyout and another successful season under his belt.

Now we just have to dodge Colorado, Purdue, Louisville and Illinois
Truthfully, I believe Babers leaving next year would hurt us more recruiting wise than if he would leave this year. If he leaves this year, don't think most of our recruits have much else in terms of offers. Next year should (hopefully) be a different story.

Kind of find it hard to believe that USC is going to bring back a 5-7 coach.

Its only his third year and they were good his first 2 seasons. It was clearly a rebuilding year. They have plenty of recruits. You give him one more year IMO. Coaches don't want to work for ADs who fire coaches after 2-3 years.

He’s getting fired. Franklin will be a possibility.

I wonder about Ohio State, too. Journos rumbling and stuff

Its only his third year and they were good his first 2 seasons. It was clearly a rebuilding year. They have plenty of recruits. You give him one more year IMO. Coaches don't want to work for ADs who fire coaches after 2-3 years.

Also, losing the Darnold is going to require a bit of a transition.

Also, losing the Darnold is going to require a bit of a transition.

The good teams in that conference are about to take a hit. Washington and Oregon losing their QBs will be tough. Stanford will lose Love and I think Shaw has been figured out with his boring offense. Washington St will enter next year as preseason favs with a brand new QB.

I'd be trying to win with the same team coming back and not looking at widespread changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom