USC is NOT Firing Clay Helton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USC is NOT Firing Clay Helton

ideally Franklin goes to USC and Campbell goes from iowa st to psu

Campbell seems to be the hot candidate, he will have options available at both the college and NFL levels...

He’s getting fired. Franklin will be a possibility.

I wonder about Ohio State, too. Journos rumbling and stuff
I assume Irving will fake his own death a few weeks after the season ends.

Urban is going to have another “early medical retirement”

Campbell is holding out for OSU. I’d be shocked if Franklin leaves PSU for USC (or voluntarily)

Franklin will be gone before he decides to leave. Saquon is not walking back through that door.

Agreed. And I don’t see him being a candidate at another P5 factory (ala USC).

Me either, the coaching community is well aware of what Franklin is as a coach. Unfortunately for him, Joe Moorehead is gone .

Me either, the coaching community is well aware of what Franklin is as a coach. Unfortunately for him, Joe Moorehead is gone .

Good point. And the duration of his PSU tenure will depend entirely on how well he can convince (dupe) bright offensive minds to coach his offense for him.

Moorehead didn’t stick around very long; I don’t see anyone else worth their salt staying with Franklin long term either.

Good times ahead!!

Moorhead is a damn good coach. He was really good at Fordham, PSU, and now MSU. Offensive minded HC, with a track record of success. Also took less at MSU to hire a good staff. Be interesting what the ceiling will be for him at MSU tough spot to recruit as well

Franklin to USC, Penn St hires Rhule from Baylor

If Ohio State opens, Campbell is the guy

Dino is here, where he belongs

I dunno. As a coach, he's a great used car salesman. He's got shinier cars in SoCal (well, once the smoke clears) than in Happy Valley.

Let's just lay it out there. A black coach is never gonna be embraced by the 'Joe Was Framed' crowd. I think he wants out--on his own terms.

LaConfora---'The names I'm hearing right now to USC are Jeff Fisher and Jack Del Rio.'

Both would be atrocious hires for USC. The NFL retread model will not work unless you find a Pete Carroll super enthusiastic type who will relish working hard.

LaConfora---'The names I'm hearing right now to USC are Jeff Fisher and Jack Del Rio.'

Both would be atrocious hires for USC. The NFL retread model will not work unless you find a Pete Carroll super enthusiastic type who will relish working hard.

I think Del Rio might be OK.

Wonder how ASU's hiring and general success this year has made this hip again? Personally, I am all for either of those guys. Keep it in the family out there and don't look East.

I think Del Rio might be OK.

USC is one of the few programs that concerns me with respect to Babers leaving SU.

If they hire someone like the candidates listed above, that would buy us 3-4 years where a job like this would be off the table, which is good for SU.

Moorhead is a damn good coach. He was really good at Fordham, PSU, and now MSU. Offensive minded HC, with a track record of success. Also took less at MSU to hire a good staff. Be interesting what the ceiling will be for him at MSU tough spot to recruit as well
Hit the nail on the head. Phenomenal coach, but like you, wonder what his ceiling is there..

USC is one of the few programs that concerns me with respect to Babers leaving SU.

If they hire someone like the candidates listed above, that would buy us 3-4 years where a job like this would be off the table, which is good for SU.

I truly don't believe USC hires a "gimmick" offense coach like Dino. they like USC guys/pro style guys. Del Rio and Fisher fit the model perfectly, whether they are good ideas or not. Lynn Swann is an old school USC guy, I can easily see him continuing that 'SC hiring tradition, can't see him going after Dino at all.

I truly don't believe USC hires a "gimmick" offense coach like Dino. they like USC guys/pro style guys. Del Rio and Fisher fit the model perfectly, whether they are good ideas or not. Lynn Swann is an old school USC guy, I can easily see him continuing that 'SC hiring tradition, can't see him going after Dino at all.
Most of college football as well as the Rams and the Chiefs are running "gimmick" offenses.

Most of college football as well as the Rams and the Chiefs are running "gimmick" offenses.

I am well aware of that, but USC hasn't even come close to heading that way and likely won't, that was my point. they do things the USC way.

I'll be SHOCKED if they bring back Helton. This feels like Paul Hackett 2.0.

Seriously... If ND rolls them this weekend, as expected, and they finish 5-7, he can't come back. Especially after losing to a losing record UCLA in Chip Kelly's first year.

If he beats ND and they finish 6-6, then I'd bet he's back.

I don't read much into anything sources are saying right now.

Seriously... If ND rolls them this weekend, as expected, and they finish 5-7, he can't come back. Especially after losing to a losing record UCLA in Chip Kelly's first year.

If he beats ND and they finish 6-6, then I'd bet he's back.

I don't read much into anything sources are saying right now.
Getting rolled by the National Champs-to-be (or maybe 2nd place team) is hardly a reason to fire a coach. After all, that happened to a coach we all know and love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom