USC Motel Info Released Tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

USC Motel Info Released Tomorrow

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
CuseNation:

The details will be released tomorrow at 1pm. The two properties are very close to the stadium...Rooms are going for about $125-130 a night plus tax. Rooms will be in limited supply. I wanted to let you know the price...so you can hunt around today and see if you can find a better deal.

You obviously haven't been watching Hotel Impossible, Mark. Never call it a Motel, always a Hotel. Cuts down on business. LOL.

damn, i thought you were going to tell us where the trojans were staying, so we could all stand outside banging garbage cans all night and then throw eggs at em as they got on the gameday bus.

damn, i thought you were going to tell us where the trojans were staying, so we could all stand outside banging garbage cans all night and then throw eggs at em as they got on the gameday bus.

They're not staying in a motel...

Yeah they stay in hotels...I bet they are Midtown somewhere...Kaiser you are on the clock to find out where.
id bet its the Hyatt on 42nd and Park. well, actually...Syracuse is likely there.

id bet its the Hyatt on 42nd and Park. well, actually...Syracuse is likely there.
Agreed...somewhere relatively near Times Square...man I miss the City...I need another fix.

Agreed...somewhere relatively near Times Square...man I miss the City...I need another fix.
the other team spot is usually the mariott marquis in Times Square.

I reserved rooms at the Sheraton Meadowlands for $127. Even has a Starbucks in the lobby (No wimpy Donkey Donuts for me!).

I heard they are staying at the super 8 in Hackensack 30.00 a night Its part of their new toughen up Motto 1

There's no way either team stays in NYC, it's double or triple the cost and the possibility of sitting in an hour of traffic going through the Lincoln makes it laughable to even consider staying there

I haven't been to the city much. The group I'm going with would like to see the city. What do the city dwellers recommend? Stay in the city and travel to game or the other way around?

CuseNation:

The details will be released tomorrow at 1pm. The two properties are very close to the stadium...Rooms are going for about $125-130 a night plus tax. Rooms will be in limited supply. I wanted to let you know the price...so you can hunt around today and see if you can find a better deal.

One of my roomate's is the sales manager of Distrikt (http://www.distrikthotel.com/) hotel in mid-town Manhattan and it's a great place to stay and was recently named top 10 hotels in NYC. The prices vary but if you contact him directly (Grant Schilling) especially if you have a big group coming down they would help with the pricing.

On a side note, when I went to his hotel for the first time it was during the NFL Draft. I ran into a big southern family and as I was reading CNNSI draft report on Monday I noticed it was these two and their extended family:
ryan-tannehill-lauren-tannehill.jpg

The only way I would have recognized them was due to the wife who is clearly very recognizable however Ryan Tannehill was very unassuming and I actually joked that he must be a banker to get a girl like that.

Both teams are staying in NJ.
that makes sense. its not a bowl game or anything. Cuse probably buses in on friday, stays at the Meadowlands Sheridan. usc flies in also on friday, staying in a Newark airport hotel or something. both on way home sat night.

all business.

I haven't been to the city much. The group I'm going with would like to see the city. What do the city dwellers recommend? Stay in the city and travel to game or the other way around?

Definitely stay in the city. Take the relatively new NJ Transit train to/from the stadium which drops off/picks up right near the stadium's north gate. Or take the Coach USA bus to/from the Port of Authority Strong.

Definitely stay in the city. Take the relatively new NJ Transit train to/from the stadium which drops off/picks up right near the stadium's north gate. Or take the Coach USA bus to/from the Port of Authority Strong.

Sounds good. Any suggestions on fun places to stay in the city?