USC sucks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USC sucks

Damn. I had Providence +130 to win. I was surprised they were +2.5 last night. Finish them.

Providence has made the NCAAT 4 years in a row and are 1-3 with this game being their 5th game. Unbelievable they are like Pitt in the tournament.

I blame JLine

For what? I didn't make a damn thread with half the game to go. I'm the only one losing my ass on this game.

I guess that's why they require you to play 40 minutes.

If Enfield didn't foolishly sit back in a zone the entire first half then this wouldn't even have been a game. He has the superior athletes and yet he takes the passive approach.

USC doesn't lack for talent- they're just wildly inconsistent from game to game and even within a game.

I'm a Trojan and they look pretty bad right now but I did think it would be a close game. Props to Kirbivore who thought USC would get beaten badly by Prov if it holds up this way. It's not like Providence has some sterling resume either. I didn't think USC deserved to get in. NCAA definitely has a vendetta towards JB and him running his mouth post-Miami didn't help.

I'd take Boatright. Much more versatility to his offensive game, and he actually shoots the ball when he's open.

Different players obviously but I'd rather have Metu as well. Just my preference.

Providence has made the NCAAT 4 years in a row and are 1-3 with this game being their 5th game. Unbelievable they are like Pitt in the tournament.
Providence is basically the same program that was in the bottom tier of the Big East when we were there. They've benefited by playing weaker teams during conference.

Cooley is an awful coach.

Great run by the Trojans. No question there is talent.

Ive said it for years, if SU is on the bubble were gonna get left out every single time. Every time we were legitimately on the bubble we got left oit save for last year when the seed showed we were comfortably in. Give this years resume to Duke MSU UNC Kentucky and i guarantee they make it in easily

By my count SU has been bubble 6 times (1997, 2002, 2007, 2008. 2016, 2017). 1 time out of 6 they got in.

Last week somebody posted a Sporcle quiz about teams with double digit tourney wins since 1985. I couldn't believe with a Final Four run in '87 and and elite 8 appearance in '97 Providence didn't have 3 more wins outside of those years to make the cut for the quiz.

By my count SU has been bubble 6 times (1997, 2002, 2007, 2008. 2016, 2017). 1 time out of 6 they got in.

For awhile I thought your USC prediction was going to be good man. Wow they came out flat and frankly wasn't expecting the comeback.

Took USC awhile to burn off the sugar from all those road cupcakes.

Ha! Like I said your call was looking good for quite awhile. I was surprised how quickly they came back and took control. Donw 17 early 2H.

It's well-documented on this message board how confused I was for weeks leading up to the Tournament why USC was getting so much mention, much less lock talk. Obviously, the committee ignored my message about USC's poor resume over the last few weeks and so far in this game their performance is making them look dumb.

The conspiracy nut in me thinks USC's spot was pre-determined a week or two away from Selection Sunday, as was Syracuse's absence (barring an ACCT run). And I think Palm has a source on the inside. That would explain why Palm was so adamant that USC was in and Syracuse was out.
tenor.gif

They still stink!

Good turnaround in the 2nd by them. They took it from PC.

Both teams aren't very good and neither should've been in over us, but that's our own fault. Providence had the same conference record in an inferior conference, with lesser wins, and the same exact crappy losses. Only they also lost to freakin' Depaul.

USC has some good players, Boatwright mainly. Him and McLaughlin are solid. They still aren't a good team, though. I expect SMU to wax them as revenge. SMU is vastly underrated.

Also, I just gave SMU the kiss of death. Why are they playing USC in round 1 after playing them earlier this year? Isn't that a mistake by the committee?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom