usc weakness? | Syracusefan.com

usc weakness?

kcsu

Living Legend
About the only weakness i can find on this team is at CB. Both of their starters i think they are robey and brown are small. 5-8 5-9 I would try to beat both of them deep early. Other than that they have size and speed at every position.

Thank goodness our QB's strength is the deep ball! :eek: Hopefully we get a ton of pass interference calls and a few underthrown deep balls that work out because the corner slipped. Im not sure that's much of a strategy but its worth a try! ;)

The strategy of "everything and the kitchen sink" isnt enough when facing the No.1 team in the country. As a bachelor, I can live without a kitchen sink for awhile. I cant, however, live without a toilet. With that said, we need to throw everything "and the toilet" at USC.

1338529936_watch-dutch-prince-willem-alexander-is-deeply-ashamed-for-taking-part-in-this-toilet-throwing-contest.jpg

Take THAT USC. Hell, its even orange.

Thank goodness our QB's strength is the deep ball! :eek: Hopefully we get a ton of pass interference calls and a few underthrown deep balls that work out because the corner slipped. Im not sure that's much of a strategy but its worth a try! ;)

That's what we did by design on Saturday. Odds are much better of having something good happen than last year's overthrows. Refreshing.

"If we can get the ball to (Woods) and (Lee) in space we can be pretty good," USC coach Lane Kiffin said. "We're not going to win a ton of games if we're not balanced. ... I thought Matt did really well. He's a couple of drops away from some big-time numbers."

Oh yeah if y'all don't want to see Mark 2.0 SU probably should make sure not to kick to Lee.

About the only weakness i can find on this team is at CB. Both of their starters i think they are robey and brown are small. 5-8 5-9 I would try to beat both of them deep early. Other than that they have size and speed at every position.

Young defense.

Crappy head coach.

Can be out-toughed, as ASU showed last year in a big way.

Cuse needs to bring a swagger and confidence amongst all 85 PLUS the coaches.

i think the best shot is if we stay up tempo and make them have to handle alot of plays again as they are not that deep on D..

Young defense.

Crappy head coach.

Can be out-toughed, as ASU showed last year in a big way.

Cuse needs to bring a swagger and confidence amongst all 85 PLUS the coaches.

Young D...yes

Crappy head coach...no. Any coach who managed the sanctions and got the team focused all last year is not crappy. I'm sure most other coaches and football people would disagree with you. The ASU game was a wake up call. Then they kicked the out of and out toughed everybody.

Be wise not to try Robey's side. As noted in another thread, the other side is our weakness.

ball control should be a priority to limit possessions for usc's offense.and no fgs when in the redzone td's only 3pts wont be good enough.i figure the defense could hold them to 30-35

Be wise not to try Robey's side. As noted in another thread, the other side is our weakness.

Didn't you guys have a starting db go down preseason?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

i think the best shot is if we stay up tempo and make them have to handle alot of plays again as they are not that deep on D..

Best shot is to slash the tires on the USC team bus. I see no way it isnt ugly early and often.

Actually, it wasn't ugly last year until later in the game. We played well for most of the first half.

I would take a balls out approach. If we have the ball on their 45 and we have 10 or less yards on fourth down we go for it. I would also make them earn TD's Play one safety deep as they are going to test our CB's early and often. I would keep everything in front of us and make them drive the field. No long scores. Give up yardage make them move the chains and get tought in the red zone. We are not going to get to Barkley with our front four so lets play this smart and make them drive the field. Junior is lacking in patience and he just might get frustrated. In short on D keep everything in front of you. On O mix it up and play to win. If and when we have field position take some shots. Send Lemon Sales and West deep as we have a size advantage. Play jump ball and hope for a call but play to win. As far as running the ball run inside as their LB are way too fast to try anything outside. Pound the ball between the tackles and use Smith and AAM. All in all i think we hang tough but this USC team could very well be the best in the land this year so i expect a 20 plus loss. National stage lets hope for the best.

what we learned last year is that the WRs if given time will not be covered by our DB's. what we dont know is does USC have 4 DB's that can cover our 4 WRs and a TE?

if we sell out on offense we need to be prepared to get Nassib hit. but if we go 4 wide with someone like Broyld behind the QB then USC has to play less LB's if we are playing 3 Wrs and Stephens is back we have to hope there is some mis match and that if Kobena/clark are the 3-4 option that one of them will have a speed advantage. and if we are rolling 5-6 wr's thru and sending some deep every play they have to sub in the 4-5-6 Db at some point..

playing the style we did vs NW means have a chance with tempo to create something if we dont make mistakes. last year we did it on execution and play calls,

The strategy of "everything and the kitchen sink" isnt enough when facing the No.1 team in the country. As a bachelor, I can live without a kitchen sink for awhile. I cant, however, live without a toilet. With that said, we need to throw everything "and the toilet" at USC.

1338529936_watch-dutch-prince-willem-alexander-is-deeply-ashamed-for-taking-part-in-this-toilet-throwing-contest.jpg

Take THAT USC. Hell, its even orange.
the issue will be that usc will blitz often, i hope the o line can handle that and the speed.

Is their NCAA probation over already? That was fast.

the issue will be that usc will blitz often, i hope the o line can handle that and the speed.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ryan generally had a lot of time on Sat. He will not have that this week and he does not do well in a collapsing pocket. USC's LB's are also about 10X better than NW's. I am not expecting much and simply hope Ryan does not get injured.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ryan generally had a lot of time on Sat. He will not have that this week and he does not do well in a collapsing pocket. USC's LB's are also about 10X better than NW's. I am not expecting much and simply hope Ryan does not get injured.
Then Syracuse needs to take advantage of their speed and aggression. Need to see draws, play action, screens and misdirection plays. I thought the offensive lineman did a good job of getting out and blocking down the field Saturday. Lou made a block 6 or 7 yards past the LOS on a swing pass. I coached basketball for ten years and loved when a more talented team pressed my team. If your smart you can use the other teams aggression against them. You can beat them for big plays and easy scores.

Then Syracuse needs to take advantage of their speed and aggression. Need to see draws, play action, screens and misdirection plays. I thought the offensive lineman did a good job of getting out and blocking down the field Saturday. Lou made a block 6 or 7 yards past the LOS on a swing pass. I coached basketball for ten years and loved when a more talented team pressed my team. If your smart you can use the other teams aggression against themselves and beat them for big plays.

I'm not a big fan of screens or draws with our personnel. Exhibit #1 is the fiasco with Smith. There was also another one where they ran basically the same play and Smith starts running backwards roughly paralell to the LOS and got tackled from behind for a loss. The one thing they seemed to have success with (and I was surprised they didn't run it more) was the hot shot to the TE right over the middle. The three or four times they ran it were all gains.

slants, TE sitting about 7 yards out, Power football, draws, Ashcat will all make sure that USC LB's stays home.

I would take a balls out approach. If we have the ball on their 45 and we have 10 or less yards on fourth down we go for it. I would also make them earn TD's Play one safety deep as they are going to test our CB's early and often. I would keep everything in front of us and make them drive the field. No long scores. Give up yardage make them move the chains and get tought in the red zone. We are not going to get to Barkley with our front four so lets play this smart and make them drive the field. Junior is lacking in patience and he just might get frustrated. In short on D keep everything in front of you. On O mix it up and play to win. If and when we have field position take some shots. Send Lemon Sales and West deep as we have a size advantage. Play jump ball and hope for a call but play to win. As far as running the ball run inside as their LB are way too fast to try anything outside. Pound the ball between the tackles and use Smith and AAM. All in all i think we hang tough but this USC team could very well be the best in the land this year so i expect a 20 plus loss. National stage lets hope for the best.

I do tend to agree in the sense that this is a tremendous marketing opportunity for Cuse to get back on the map. I hope for the sake of the University it is a complete 50-45 shootout and not a 41-7 drubbing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom