User tips for Stubhub? | Syracusefan.com

User tips for Stubhub?

thebigeast44

Starter
I've never sold or purchased tickets using Stubhub. I figure this could be a useful thread for those looking to buy or sell tickets for the Duke game especially. I missed out getting a ticket for the Duke game. So I wonder when the best time to buy might be if I decide to purchase through Stubhub? Wait until the last minute, last week?

And I also wonder, if I take some folks advice and buy a season ticket and sell every ticket save for the Duke game (or keep some other selected games ), how is the best way to go about it? How do you determine the best price to set? I'd want to ensure I got my money back save for the cost of the Duke ticket if possible. The North Carolina ticket should also go for a premium price. Not sure if any other games save for Indiana might go over face value.

Thoughts? Let's Go Orange!

I've never sold or purchased tickets using Stubhub. I figure this could be a useful thread for those looking to buy or sell tickets for the Duke game especially. I missed out getting a ticket for the Duke game. So I wonder when the best time to buy might be if I decide to purchase through Stubhub? Wait until the last minute, last week?

And I also wonder, if I take some folks advice and buy a season ticket and sell every ticket save for the Duke game (or keep some other selected games ), how is the best way to go about it? How do you determine the best price to set? I'd want to ensure I got my money back save for the cost of the Duke ticket if possible. The North Carolina ticket should also go for a premium price. Not sure if any other games save for Indiana might go over face value.

The price you think you are paying does not include the 10% service charge. You don't see that until after you've bought the tickets.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything until closer to the event -- and certainly not if you're looking just to get in the door. It looks like the lowest price for behind the curtain for Duke is $81 -- I don't think that market will take shape. As for when you sell on StubHub, when you put in your requested price you can click a button to see comparable rates in the same row, section. etc. -- just price yours for $5 less. If you take the "buy season tickets, sell the non-great games" route, I think you should still expect to take a loss -- just a lesser one.

StubHub as a system is the cat's pajamas, though -- everything is guaranteed, and they have good customer service. But, as IM pointed out, they get their cut too.

Wait until the week of the game, people will start to get desperate trying to unload their tickets that week and prices will drop dramatically and you can most likely find something in the 'bowl' for close to 100, maybe a little lower.

Happens with every sporting event/concert.

Keep in mind that the Durham and Chapel Hill contingent will be traveling for these games and they will pay for good tickets. You might get lucky and snag one for under 100 bucks, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think the season ticket route is the way to go. Where the season ticket is will determine the amount you can get back. Level A seats will command a better price than Level D. I would check StubHub and then price accordingly. Even if you don't make all your money back, you've got reasonable seats for the games that you do go to.

From another thread: Well, I broke down and took Bees advice and bought a season ticket. I had purchased a 6 pack earlier today but they cancelled it for me and put the amount towards the season ticket. Section 308 seems pretty good at this point - seats in that section are going for $174 for the Duke game and $128 for the North Carolina game right now on Stubhub.

And: I had planned to attend the Duke, North Carolina, Indiana and Pitt games if possible. I usually go to 3-4 games a year. Time and total cost are factors for me. So if I sell the rest not counting the early season games at an conservative average price of $40 for a total of $280 (right now they are an avg.price of $45 in my section), I'll be out $200 for those 4 games - a reasonable price given the amounts being asked on Stubhub.

So I am now on the selling side of the equation for some nice games or attractive times (Nova, Miami, ND, Clemson, NC State, BC and G Tech) along with the early season games. Hopefully, it will work out as planned. But it seems, I should still be better off with the season ticket as opposed to the 6 pack not to mention if I added a ticket to Duke on top on it.

Thanks for the tips so far. I appreciate them! Let's Go Orange!

From another thread: Well, I broke down and took Bees advice and bought a season ticket. I had purchased a 6 pack earlier today but they cancelled it for me and put the amount towards the season ticket. Section 308 seems pretty good at this point - seats in that section are going for $174 for the Duke game and $128 for the North Carolina game right now on Stubhub.

And: I had planned to attend the Duke, North Carolina, Indiana and Pitt games if possible. I usually go to 3-4 games a year. Time and total cost are factors for me. So if I sell the rest not counting the early season games at an conservative average price of $40 for a total of $280 (right now they are an avg.price of $45 in my section), I'll be out $200 for those 4 games - a reasonable price given the amounts being asked on Stubhub.

So I am now on the selling side of the equation for some nice games or attractive times (Nova, Miami, ND, Clemson, NC State, BC and G Tech) along with the early season games. Hopefully, it will work out as planned. But it seems, I should still be better off with the season ticket as opposed to the 6 pack not to mention if I added a ticket to Duke on top on it.

Thanks for the tips so far. I appreciate them! Let's Go Orange!

There is no way you don't recover $200 for a subset of Nova, Miami, ND, Clemson, NC State, BC and G Tech...I think you made the correct decision.

There's a site that's called Seat Geek that aggregates the different ticket sites. I believe that the price includes all fees (Stub Hub loves to tack them on) and that except for eBay, all tickets are guareenteed to be legit (I'm not 100% positive on this, so please check at the site).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom