USF Bound | Syracusefan.com

USF Bound

@JonRothstein: BREAKING --- Kentucky's Orlando Antigua has accepted the head coaching position at South Florida, sources told @CBSSports. Story coming.
That might hurt UK's recruiting in the NYC metro area. Look for USF to start signing some kids from the city as well. Antigua is from the Bronx and went to St Raymonds.

So who do the Knicks hire- Cal or Ollie?

I've wondered when someone would give Antigua a shot. He sure seems like he can recruit- will be interesting to see if he can get that USF program going.

I've wondered when someone would give Antigua a shot. He sure seems like he can recruit- will be interesting to see if he can get that USF program going.

Why would the knicks hire either?

Man, how disappointed will they be when they realize HE doesn't have a degree from Kentucky, either?
Orlando Antigua was a very good player for Pitt.!! He will get N.Y. & N.J. talent to USF !! Good for Orlando 1

Why would the knicks hire either?

Cal's always on the short list and Antigua's been a big key to the success recruiting for UK (Dakari for one this year) and Ollie is tight with Lebron and KD. Wouldn't it be an advantage for the Knicks to have a HC in place that either of those guy respects if they hit free agency?

Plus, it's the one thing to annoy UConn fans with right now- imagine Ollie leaving Storrs for the NBA after this season.

Antigua, Wojo and Hop perhaps... Number 2's are ascending! :)

@JonRothstein: BREAKING --- Kentucky's Orlando Antigua has accepted the head coaching position at South Florida, sources told @CBSSports. Story coming.
Going to a non- Big 5 conference. And a football school, no less. He must have a real hankering to run his own program. Or maybe Cal told him the UK experience is nearing its end. Everybody to the lifeboats!

Cal's always on the short list and Antigua's been a big key to the success recruiting for UK (Dakari for one this year) and Ollie is tight with Lebron and KD. Wouldn't it be an advantage for the Knicks to have a HC in place that either of those guy respects if they hit free agency?

Plus, it's the one thing to annoy UConn fans with right now- imagine Ollie leaving Storrs for the NBA after this season.

Cal has a great college gig, and I think the knicks are looking for a pro coach, I think this calipari to the knicks is a media fabrication. A lot of people are tight with Lebron, it doesn't mean anything. As a knick fan if they hired Ollie, I would be extremely disappointed.

spike lee says shaka smart.

These are the types of jobs lifetime assistants need to take at first. Everyone saying how bad the BC job is for Hopkins, but in reality those are the only type of jobs they can start out at. Unless you are an assistant and going to take over for a program you have been with then the BC and USF jobs of the world are where you start.

These are the types of jobs lifetime assistants need to take at first. Everyone saying how bad the BC job is for Hopkins, but in reality those are the only type of jobs they can start out at. Unless you are an assistant and going to take over for a program you have been with then the BC and USF jobs of the world are where you start.

But Hopkins has the Syracuse job in hand.

Antigua, Wojo and Hop perhaps... Number 2's are ascending! :)
That is the thing, Hop is looking around in the Elite 8 and seeing his playing contemporaries there (Ollie, the Millers). It has to be a factor.

Orlando was a good player, shady recruiter, when he was at Pitt, and even more so with Pay Cal

That is the thing, Hop is looking around in the Elite 8 and seeing his playing contemporaries there (Ollie, the Millers). It has to be a factor.
yeah, well, they were looking at him the two years before that

Orlando was a good player, shady recruiter, when he was at Pitt, and even more so with Pay Cal

I've heard the guy described as sleazy and shady in this thread. All you had to do was say Pitt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom