USMNT - Greg Berhalter Takes Over | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT - Greg Berhalter Takes Over

He doesn’t look slow he is slow. He’s been a turnstile this whole tournament and the injury to Tyler Adams really hurt. Johannsson has been decimated by injuries since the WC in Brazil. Most of the German-Americans were fazed out by Arena and Sarachen. We could really use Fabian Johnson right now.

Thanks, always seems like a few guys are right there to break out and then they just fall off the face of the earth. Are there any young guys on the horizon or who are close? Is Fabian Johnson still in the mix?

I like Michael Bradley and I hope this is his last tournament as an on field contributor.
The fact he wasn’t captain tells us he isn’t entrenched with GB.
He is a step slow no doubt but is a
Gamer.

The constant flopping is so obnoxious

I don't watch a ton if soccer but man every 15 seconds someone is down. Game also sounds like its being played in Guadalajara vs Chicago.

Thanks, always seems like a few guys are right there to break out and then they just fall off the face of the earth. Are there any young guys on the horizon or who are close? Is Fabian Johnson still in the mix?
He’s done with the USMNT unless something major changes. We’ve got young attacking options that play out wide better. I would’ve liked him at LB this tournament though.

Timothy Weah- PSG
Sebastian Soto- Hanover
Are young guys in Europe with potential upfront.

The fact he wasn’t captain tells us he isn’t entrenched with GB.
He is a step slow no doubt but is a
Gamer.

I agree. But he was abused this half.

They intentionally ran Pizarro into him this half and he wreaked havoc.

How Mexico stalled that clock and their were only 3 minutes of added time was such a joke.
I mean I doubt they score but it’s such a so badly managed clock management by these refs.

So many opportunities and didn’t convert.

A bit unfair to not get the result, but that’s the game.

Time for Berhalter to answer some questions. His first half plan was pretty good but we got boat raced in the second half.
Zardes and Morris just aren’t world class forwards.
We need the young guys to keep developing. Hope Weah does well at Lille and as he is close to becoming a Senior team player.

While Mexico didn’t have their A team I would say we were without Cameron Carter-Vickers and John Brooks and our defense was solid this tournament.

I think we have some nice pieces but need to develop midfield and forwards.

Zardes and Morris just aren’t world class forwards.
We need the young guys to keep developing. Hope Weah does well at Lille and as he is close to becoming a Senior team player.

Zardes was invisible.

Granted we let Mexico dictate the second half and backed the bus up with few counter attempts (didn’t give him much to work with).

I would like any forward sub to come on and hunt like a junkyard dog. Forecheck like Wayne Rooney did in his heyday.

Zardes was invisible.

Granted we let Mexico dictate the second half and backed the bus up with few counter attempts.

I would like any forward sub to come on and hunt like a junkyard dog. Forecheck like Wayne Rooney did in his heyday.
Didn’t get the final sub either.
We clearly needed offense and Boyd was the best option on the bench.

Berhalter gets a passing grade from me. We need to get better no doubt but played well overall.

Bradley needs to get a sendoff match for all he has meant but we need speed in the midfield.
Yedlin hopefully gets healthy and becomes a player.
Can’t wait to watch Pulisic at Chelsea.

We played pretty well. I am encouraged with the young talent. Honestly if I'm the coach I get all the young talent I can in a tournament like this. Weah and Sargent. Back line I didn't mind

I agree that this wasn’t discouraging.

The biggest concern for me is how easily they let Mexico control pace and possession in the second half.

It was a stark contrast from a solid first half.

I agree that this wasn’t discouraging.

The biggest concern for me is how easily they let Mexico control pace and possession in the second half.

It was a stark contrast from a solid first half.

Absolutely. We wilted a bit but part of that was passes in our half. We have to make them pay for high press.

Pulisic dribbled out of it a couple times. Btw he should have hit Arriola towards the end.

Bradley got exposed towards the later part of that.

Some things to watch at a club level:
Weah at Lille
Soto being linked to Dortmund and Hoffenheim after Hannover’s relegation
Boyd potentially to Besiktas
CCV future won’t be at Spurs
Dest at Ajax begins preseason with senior squad

Absolutely. We wilted a bit but part of that was passes in our half. We have to make them pay for high press.

Pulisic dribbled out of it a couple times. Btw he should have hit Arriola towards the end.

Bradley got exposed towards the later part of that.

Yeah, it looked like we were increasingly content to play long balls out of the back rather than build possession as they’d done well in the first half.

Subbing Ream out, and not replacing him with an attacking player, was goofy. Maybe he had a knock...trying to give Herr Berhalter the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, it looked like we were increasingly content to play long balls out of the back rather than build possession as they’d done well in the first half.

Subbing Ream out, and not replacing him with an attacking player, was goofy. Maybe he had a knock...trying to give Herr Berhalter the benefit of the doubt.

I am not sure what to make of Berhalter so far but I will say this. He knows what he wants. I like the movement and passing within the system but we can't fall apart with teams that can push it up field. McKennie needs to get composure. He has talent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom