USMNT - Greg Berhalter Takes Over | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT - Greg Berhalter Takes Over

So do I throw a $50 spot on Canada Friday?

Only if you would throw $50 on Evansville to beat Kentucky again.

I have no confidence in GGG’s “plan A” for this team, but I still believe we beat Canada 9 out of 10 when he’s our coach. Outside of Davies, no other Canadian players make our roster.

(I think I’m right... I really hope I’m not wrong)

Only if you would throw $50 on Evansville to beat Kentucky again.

I have no confidence in GGG’s “plan A” for this team, but I still believe we beat Canada 9 out of 10 when he’s our coach. Outside of Davies, no other Canadian players make our roster.

(I think I’m right... I really hope I’m not wrong)

Jonathan David would for sure

He wedged 3 CBs into the lineup just so he could leave Cannon/Yedlin out at RB AND managed to start both Zardes and Morris. Here goes nothing, I guess.

Zardes/Yueill haven't played in a month. Morales and Sargent are Bundesliga regulars. Fun times.

Can we please develop a better attacking option than Zardes.
It’s amazing how long this guy has been selected and been mediocre for the national team.

Good to see Zardes get on the scoresheet... composed ball from Morris.

Wow, much better performance. We’ll see if it continues because the team has been horrible to watch

Meh. Ceded most of the possession to Canada. The team is still trash. Wake me up when they play Mexico and don't get destroyed.

Well they will be looking to destroy CR so they can jump up in the nation cup. This next game is going to be interesting. They have a little pressure to perform.

Well they will be looking to destroy CR so they can jump up in the nation cup. This next game is going to be interesting. They have a little pressure to perform.
If we can’t beat Cuba in the Cayman Islands and not even a true road game Berhalter would get fired.
We are beating Cuba on Tuesday.

The bar can’t be any lower though.
The attendance last night should send a message to the USSF. Fans are sick of this team under Stewart and Berhalter.
We have regressed bigtime from 2014.

Meh. Ceded most of the possession to Canada.
That is a highly misleading stat for this game. They absolutely dominated early and, once they got up big, they absorbed pressure and looked to counter. It was smart soccer.

Don't be that guy. When they are bad, torch them. But, when they play well, like they did last night, give them credit and don't call them trash.

They played much more direct last night and pressured more higher up the pitch. I thought both were key.

The return of Brooks really solidified the back.

And I really liked both Lletget and Morris. Both were very dynamic.

How about the Ronaldinho by Dest while going at the defender? Our right back is probably the second most skilled player on the roster. My kingdom for a team from De Toekomst.

Onside and completely unmarked. So much space, had to finish there.
Unforgiveable to be kept onside by a guy so far outside the 6...watching it live, I just assumed he was off and the linesman missed it...

He wedged 3 CBs into the lineup just so he could leave Cannon/Yedlin out at RB AND managed to start both Zardes and Morris. Here goes nothing, I guess.
I did not like the lineup either. Give him, and the team, credit. It worked.

And Dest might be the guy that allows them to play with 3 centerbacks and the RB playing more like a wingback...I think that is why you saw him at RB. Yedlin cannot play that role. Cannon is better than Yedlin but not as skilled as Dest.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Adams comes back...I'd like to see Dest at RB and Adams at the 6 in front of Brooks and Long...

That is a highly misleading stat for this game. They absolutely dominated early and, once they got up big, they absorbed pressure and looked to counter. It was smart soccer.

Don't be that guy. When they are bad, torch them. But, when they play well, like they did last night, give them credit and don't call them trash.

They played much more direct last night and pressured more higher up the pitch. I thought both were key.

The return of Brooks really solidified the back.

And I really liked both Lletget and Morris. Both were very dynamic.

How about the Ronaldinho by Dest while going at the defender? Our right back is probably the second most skilled player on the roster. My kingdom for a team from De Toekomst.

You're right to criticize me but let's be honest, they should wax this team EVERY TIME! They did their job. Nothing more.

You guys... it’s okay to be content when the team does exactly what it’s supposed to be doing.

Even the goal they gave up was an absolute beauty that was more perfect execution than defensive lapse.

I did not like the lineup either. Give him, and the team, credit. It worked.

And Dest might be the guy that allows them to play with 3 centerbacks and the RB playing more like a wingback...I think that is why you saw him at RB. Yedlin cannot play that role. Cannon is better than Yedlin but not as skilled as Dest.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Adams comes back...I'd like to see Dest at RB and Adams at the 6 in front of Brooks and Long...
It was still painful watching us try to play out of the back at times but the two up front were really good at finding little pockets and linking up with each other. Dest has so much quality in possession and you can tell Brooks does too but he just hasn’t played with these guys enough due to injury.

Brooks is a stud when he is available.
He is a legit world class shutdown CB.
When we played Argentina and got destroyed in the 2016 Copa America Brooks was the only player who played well and stood up to the Argentina attack.
Beckerman/Wondo/Bradley all had stupid mistakes that led to Argentina goals.

Brooks and Mizaga are probably the future at CB if we can ever get them both healthy at the same time.
Arriola and Dest at the LB and RB backs.
We can atleast create a decent backline.

It was still painful watching us try to play out of the back at times but the two up front were really good at finding little pockets and linking up with each other. Dest has so much quality in possession and you can tell Brooks does too but he just hasn’t played with these guys enough due to injury.

I also don’t enjoy watching them try to play out of the back. Guzan was solid playing the ball out; certainly better than Steffen.

There were a few really bad turnovers (Mckennie back passed to a Canadian outside the box at one point) that better teams will continue to punish.

I admire Berhalter for trying to implement that approach as an option but it’s not fun for me to watch.

Field looks like my high school field. Look ok. Nothing special but doing what we should do

Field looks like my high school field. Look ok. Nothing special but doing what we should do
Something tells me SU soccer team could beat Cuba

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom