USMNT - Greg Berhalter Takes Over | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT - Greg Berhalter Takes Over

Not gonna lie. I was excited about reading that article. I’ve seen it’s headlines on a couple of sites the last few days and bookmarked it for when I had a few minutes to read and really think about it.

I was a little disappointed that it just repeated the same 4 or 5 points that that people have been complaining about since we crashed out of the 2006 World Cup without offering any new perspective or solutions.

Not gonna lie. I was excited about reading that article. I’ve seen it’s headlines on a couple of sites the last few days and bookmarked it for when I had a few minutes to read and really think about it.

I was a little disappointed that it just repeated the same 4 or 5 points that that people have been complaining about since we crashed out of the 2006 World Cup without offering any new perspective or solutions.

Well my platform is:

• End relationship with SUM and create open bidding process for media rights for USMNT/USWNT. Let MLS do what they want, they should not be bundled in.

• Create promotion/relegation in a true country pyramid.

• Make all lower-level coaching licenses free of charge (B, C, and D).

Pulisic with the hat-trick today. Boo Chelsea, but yay Christian.

Right foot, left foot, and header. Perfect day. Well done, lad.

Pulisic with the hat-trick today. Boo Chelsea, but yay Christian.

Right foot, left foot, and header. Perfect day. Well done, lad.
Youngest Chelsea player to score a Premier League hat trick.

Chisel the name Dest into the starting lineup at LB.. or RB. Don't get cute Berhalter.

The Berhalter's are trash. The USSF is only a vehicle to make money for SUM. Their sport culture is soft. I really don't see any path to improvement currently without a new president and entirely new staff at every level.

I really don't have confidence this roster can beat Canada in Orlando.
No Pulisic sucks he got hurt. No Bradley I am happy with. Too much MLS on this roster.

Full U.S. Roster:
Goalkeepers (3): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC), Sean Johnson (New York City FC), Matt Turner (New England Revolution)

Defenders (9): John Brooks (Wolfsburg), Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas), Sergino Dest (Ajax), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact), Tim Ream (Fulham), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC)

Midfielders (6): Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy), Weston McKennie (Schalke), Alfredo Morales (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes)

Forwards (5): Paul Arriola (D.C. United), Tyler Boyd (Besiktas), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC)

Johnson
Dest Brooks Ream Yedlin
Mckennie Morales Lletget
Boyd Sargent Morris

???

Johnson
Dest Brooks Ream Yedlin
Mckennie Morales Lletget
Boyd Sargent Morris

???
Not enough width up front. Got to swap Boyd for Arriola if that’s the case.

I hate looking at some of these names and just wondering how it’s possible we have no better options than them.

Jordan Morris is trash. Sorry. he's a nice MLS player with some decent pace and can finish at CF. He's not remotely close to a decent wide player. Unfortunately I hope they lose again because continued losses is the only way to get rid of the Berhalters.

It's still a meh roster, but in the very least, it seems like a pretty talented group of defenders.

Johnson
Dest Brooks Ream Yedlin
Mckennie Morales Lletget
Boyd Sargent Morris

???
Berhalter we all know is going to start Zardes. Our back 4 could be all European as you list and that is a good back 4 if they can get some experience together.
McKennie is going to be the guy that will drive the attack. If he doesn't create I don't see much happening.

This team has to beat Canada in Orlando on Friday or Berhalter should get sacked. The USSF though doesn't care. At this point I would hire Jill Ellis and see what she can do.
Berhalter would be lucky to get to where Bob Bradley had the USMNT at its best.

This screams of nepotism. Can’t believe he can’t imagine firing his boss’ brother.
Such a joke. If CONCACAF didn’t rig WC for the US to make it a lot easier I would have no confidence in qualifying for 2022.

The only way GGG would be fired is if the best Euro players (basically Pulisic) said they would turn down call-ups.

I think that’s USSF is in a tough spot with Berhalter because he actually was very upfront that he has an idea to Implement a system and he thought it could take a while to do.

I don’t think he made the right judgment on how we should play, but i kinda get why they don’t think it’s right to let him go after he was at least honest about our implementation prospects. If you’re gonna jut into someone’s plan, then they must feel like they should let him at least get it off the ground a bit.

Btw, we’ve sent a few more top youth prospects to big clubs this week. Liverpool and Gladbach— not shabby.

I think that’s USSF is in a tough spot with Berhalter because he actually was very upfront that he has an idea to Implement a system and he thought it could take a while to do.

I don’t think he made the right judgment on how we should play, but i kinda get why they don’t think it’s right to let him go after he was at least honest about our implementation prospects. If you’re gonna jut into someone’s plan, then they must feel like they should let him at least get it off the ground a bit.

Btw, we’ve sent a few more top youth prospects to big clubs this week. Liverpool and Gladbach— not shabby.
How long? This guy’s system has shown nothing to feel optimistic about.
The only positive thing he has done is he got Dest to commit to USA over Netherlands.

I can’t think of one game against a decent opponent we have played better than I expected.
This guy has us going backwards and it’s almosf WCQ season.
People legitimately are worried about beating Canada at home. I just hope we get to the CONCACAF nations league semi finals so we are assured of qualifying for the hex.

If the players after 6 months don't have even a clue of what to do nor any confidence as a team, the system is utter trash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom