USMNT soccer team thread | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arena led the best showing of a US team in 2002 with wins over Portugal, Mexico and outstanding showing against Germany in the Quarters. The landscape has changed but I think he is a good choice. ( not counting the win over England when there were like 8 teams in the WC)

Arena led the best showing of a US team in 2002 with wins over Portugal, Mexico and outstanding showing against Germany in the Quarters. The landscape has changed but I think he is a good choice. ( not counting the win over England when there were like 8 teams in the WC)
People change over the course of 10 years or so. This aint the same Il Bruce that Gulati fired... and remember he fired him. Unfortunately if Gulati is going to fire him then he needs someone he can trust to not fcuk up qualifying and the only proven coaches we have in the US at that level are Bruce and Bradley and Bradley is occupied... although if he keeps his current run of form at Swansea he isn't going to be occupied much longer.

Pulisic just subbed in, 89' minute vs. Bayern. Great spark off the bench and just earned a free kick, forced the foul against him.

Love to see him get this type of experience in an important game against a massive club.

Edit: Final- Dortmund 1, Bayern 0

Pulisic just subbed in, 89' minute vs. Bayern. Great spark off the bench and just earned a free kick, forced the foul against him.

Love to see him get this type of experience in an important game against a massive club.

Edit: Final- Dortmund 1, Bayern 0

Most were saying he would've played more if this wasn't his third game in 8 days. He has the most minutes for Dortmund behind Aubameyang, Gotze, and Dembele

Are we really going back to Bruce Arena? I'm all for the retro look and everything, but that 2006 World Cup was yech.

It's only for the rest of this cycle. He knows CONCACAF. Juergen was beginning to lose the locker room

An MLS guy is safe and pointless. USSF is a poorly run organization that has policies in place to prevent truly great soccer growth in this country.

The USMNT head coach is just a small part of the puzzle. Youth development and player mentality in the US is a joke. Most good countries have thousands of guys with the hunger of a Clint Dempsey. He's the exception here.

Research training compensation feeds/solidarity payments etc.

It's only for the rest of this cycle. He knows CONCACAF. Juergen was beginning to lose the locker room
Arena for Concacaf; Maradonna for Russia. :)

Hopefully Il Bruce brings back Feilhaber (the most complete us midfielder playing today) and Darlington Nagbe (probably second most complete). I want an open competition for all positions. My fear is that Arena sticks with the known... no more Zusi and please break the Jones/Bradley pairing.

Hopefully Il Bruce brings back Feilhaber (the most complete us midfielder playing today) and Darlington Nagbe (probably second most complete). I want an open competition for all positions. My fear is that Arena sticks with the known... no more Zusi and please break the Jones/Bradley pairing.

Have a feeling we will see some changes. Going to be a long wait though until March.

Bruce will get them to Russia, He is not the long term answer.

I didn't want to start a new thread -- but if you haven't been watching the MLS playoffs this year, you are missing some really good entertainment.

I didn't want to start a new thread -- but if you haven't been watching the MLS playoffs this year, you are missing some really good entertainment.

Yep, except my RedBulls choked in the play offs once again, And they don't know the size of the Penalty Box in Montreal

Strong Rumors that the NASL will fold shortly -- has served as America's Division II soccer league for 6 seasons. Teams that survive will likely join the USL.

While it hasn't produced a ton of talent, the more opportunities for Americans to develop, the better it will be for our national team. Hopefully smarter management will prevail when DII in the US is revamped with the new, merged league.

MLS Eastern Conference finals on FS1 right now. Jozy and Bradley featuring for Toronto. Lots of big non-US players in the game too.

An MLS guy is safe and pointless. USSF is a poorly run organization that has policies in place to prevent truly great soccer growth in this country.

The USMNT head coach is just a small part of the puzzle. Youth development and player mentality in the US is a joke. Most good countries have thousands of guys with the hunger of a Clint Dempsey. He's the exception here.

Research training compensation feeds/solidarity payments etc.

The real reason US soccer continues to disappoint is because of the pay-for-play youth system and poor coaching overall; too much focus on winning and not enough on skills development. US teams are way too impatient in possession. Soccer isn't basketball; you have to be able to control possession for spells of a game to take the pressure off your defense, and to wear the other team out a bit. You can't protect a lead without it.

The real reason US soccer continues to disappoint is because of the pay-for-play youth system and poor coaching overall; too much focus on winning and not enough on skills development. US teams are way too impatient in possession. Soccer isn't basketball; you have to be able to control possession for spells of a game to take the pressure off your defense, and to wear the other team out a bit. You can't protect a lead without it.

I'm glad someone else knows the ridiculous farce that is pay for play. Kudos!

Status
Not open for further replies.