USMNT soccer team thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to check out this MLS Cup game. Hopefully it lives up to the hype and wins some fans over.

Going to check out this MLS Cup game. Hopefully it lives up to the hype and wins some fans over.

Montreal vs. Toronto was a great series hopefully this game can be half as good

Michael Bradley's PK was so bad. The guy is not a world class player anymore. He has been bad since 2014. Take the armband from him.

Michael Bradley's PK was so bad. The guy is not a world class player anymore. He has been bad since 2014. Take the armband from him.

Didn't see it but I could've told you he would miss or be saved before he took it. He doesn't seem to have that killer instinct/final shot anymore.

Didn't see it but I could've told you he would miss or be saved before he took it. He doesn't seem to have that killer instinct/final shot anymore.

He used to be a real weapon crashing the box (on set pieces too). I'm not sure the physical set backs (foot injured atSaprissa, moving to lesser league) were as bad as the psychological damage caused by Klinnsman playing him as a 10 for 3/4 years.

USMNT forward Bobby Wood with a class strike to give Hamburg the 2-0 lead vs. Shalke

Home of the Wood burger how may he take your order...

Last edited:
Staying with Yanks in the Bundesliga, it looks like Bayern are loaning Julian Green to Stuttgart. Good move with a better chance to earn first-team football.

Staying with Yanks in the Bundesliga, it looks like Bayern are loaning Julian Green to Stuttgart. Good move with a better chance to earn first-team football.

I heard it wasnt a loan, but not sure if anything definitive has come out yet

I heard it wasnt a loan, but not sure if anything definitive has come out yet

It's a permanent deal. 2 Bund is a good spot for him. Nobody has any clue what kind of player he is. Never has played regular club football ever.

Bob Bradley just sacked at Swansea. 11 games. Taking a 2-7-2 record with him. Disappointing.

The real reason US soccer continues to disappoint is because of the pay-for-play youth system and poor coaching overall; too much focus on winning and not enough on skills development. US teams are way too impatient in possession. Soccer isn't basketball; you have to be able to control possession for spells of a game to take the pressure off your defense, and to wear the other team out a bit. You can't protect a lead without it.
Also ( from others far more knowledgeable than me), too much structure too early. Also, our kids don't (in general) play a lot of sandlot games. As a result, our field players lack creativity.

On the flip side, and good for my son, our goal keepers are generally well regarded.

January Camp roster announced. As you know this is basically all domestic players as it's not an international break.

Key Note:

• Zusi at RB
  • Dempsey hopeful for March return
  • Kekutah Manneh
  • Feilhaber back
  • Nagbe seen as a wing player or 10
GOALKEEPERS (5): David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes), Stefan Frei (Seattle Sounders FC), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), Luis Robles (New York Red Bulls)

DEFENDERS (10)DaMarcus Beasley (Unattached),Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Greg Garza (Atlanta United FC), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas), Taylor Kemp (D.C. United), Chad Marshall (Seattle Sounders FC), Keegan Rosenberry (Philadelphia Union), Walker Zimmerman (FC Dallas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

MIDFIELDERS (12):Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas),Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City), Jermaine Jones (Unattached), Sacha Kljestan (New York Red Bulls), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy), Kekuta Manneh (Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Dax McCarty (New York Red Bulls), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Chris Pontius (Philadelphia Union), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)

FORWARDS (5):Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

Arena hinting that he wants better passing and more presence in the midfield, so I think that means three CMs. Leading to a 4-3-3, 4-5-1, or 4-2-3-1

Here's what I would do for if we had our full pool

Starter/Backup

------------------Wood/Altidore-----------------
Pulisic/Manneh------------------Nagbe/Zardes
-----------------Feilhaber/Kjlestan---------------
--------Kjlestan/Jones----Bradley/Jones-------
Johnson/Beasley---------------Yedlin/Chandler
---------Brooks/Besler--Cameron/Hedges------
------------------Howard/Hamid------------------

Other options: Morris third man at wing or striker.

I know that this is camp cupcake and all domestic and scandinavian based players... but how many more years are we going to see Wondo and run DMB.

I am very excited to see what Benny can do in midfield.

World Cup to Expand to 48 Teams

IMG_6116.GIF

7.5 teams from CONCACAF now WCQ is pointless.
Such a joke no more simultaneous 3rd matches. You will see collision.

Yes. Kills the later rounds of the qualifiers in more than just our region. Once a spot is sealed, why field a full senior squad?

Throwing the B Team into a game that may be meaningless to the side that has already qualified, but may have implications to the rest of the table, really waters the product down.

This expansion is being pushed by Asia and Africa.
UEFA hates it. COMEBOL and CONCaCaF are neutral.
It really ruins the golden goose for a bunch of Asian/African noncontenders to get in the tournament.
I don't care to see Egypt play Ireland. Just to have 16 more teams.
Europe gets 13
South America 5.5
Asia 4.5
CONCACAF 3.5
Africa 5
Oceania 0.5
Now it will.be
16 Europe
7 South America
8 Asia
7 North America
8 Africa
1 Oceania
Such a. Joke

Glad that #freefeilhaber was a success, at least in the short-term.

Want a 3 man midfield that includes him and Kjlestan. Might actually be creative on offense and able to string together some passes.

The program is a mess

Jurgen didn't develop anything

No ball control and no strikers

This Jamaica game is frustrating to watch.

US has regressed a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.