USMNT soccer team thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall with the roster we had this was a good result. I thought we could have won but no complaints with a draw.
I hated the goal we gave up but we settled down 2nd half.

If we win our last 3 home games I think we will get ahead of Panama.

Overall with the roster we had this was a good result. I thought we could have won but no complaints with a draw.
I hated the goal we gave up but we settled down 2nd half.

If we win our last 3 home games I think we will get ahead of Panama.
I agree but I still think we need help and need to show up. Missed opportunity tonight

so is a tie bad or are any road points considered good?

Panama has played 2 home games against USA and Mexico and got 2 points.
2 road games at Honduras and Trindad and Tobago and got 3 points.

They play on the road against the 3 toughest teams Mexico/USA/Costa Rica and will play Costa Rica/Honduras/T&T at home.

They should get 9 points at most IMO. Thus if the USA beats T&T/Costa Rica/Panama at home and gets a result at T&T/Honduras/Mexico we will be fine.

Panama needed the win more than we did tonight. We had a horrible back 4 and got a draw.

With the last minute Cameron scratch I'm happy with the 1 point. Under Klinnsman that would've been a loss. As said on the broadcast we could've basically fielded a starting 11 with all of the missing players. We should be fine as this plays out. Excited to see the team at full strength with Wood, Johnson, Yedlin, Cameron centrally, Chandler, etc.

I'm still sick of the Bradley Jones pairing. It just doesn't work. Not sure if Jones provided any value out there tonight. Him and Bradley cannot get the ball forward unless it's hopeful long balls.

With the last minute Cameron scratch I'm happy with the 1 point. Under Klinnsman that would've been a loss. As said on the broadcast we could've basically fielded a starting 11 with all of the missing players. We should be fine as this plays out. Excited to see the team at full strength with Wood, Johnson, Yedlin, Cameron centrally, Chandler, etc.

I'm still sick of the Bradley Jones pairing. It just doesn't work. Not sure if Jones provided any value out there tonight. Him and Bradley cannot get the ball forward unless it's hopeful long balls.
Both have seen better days. Time to move on and see what else we have. I respect what they have done, but it's time to move on from them as primary options

Basically if we get 6 points from T&T and we don't lose at home to Panama we are in.
Panama did play Mexico to a draw at home.

We should finish top 3. At worst we play Asia home/home.

Another note. How on gods green earth was there not a single yellow card in that game?! Not one. Embarrassing officiating.

Bradley is a shell of WC 2010 self.
2010 Bradley was a playmaker.
Since then he came back to MLS and is no longer the same player.
Jones is just too old.
Bradley just isn't good.

We need to create a lineup where Pulisic can be the number 10.

Bradley is a shell of WC 2010 self.
2010 Bradley was a playmaker.
Since then he came back to MLS and is no longer the same player.
Jones is just too old.
Bradley just isn't good.

We need to create a lineup where Pulisic can be the number 10.

It just feels like if you press Bradley our attack is neutralized. Honestly though with our starting back 4 of Cameron, Brooks, Yedlin, and possibly Johnson the better distribution would make his job easier.

I don't know why you'd bring Kljestan into the side and then play Jones over him. Feels like he and Bradley would compliment each other better. To be honest I would've rather seen Kljestan and Acosta together. We looked so incredibly slow last night.

It just feels like if you press Bradley our attack is neutralized. Honestly though with our starting back 4 of Cameron, Brooks, Yedlin, and possibly Johnson the better distribution would make his job easier.

I just don't think both Bradley and Jones can be on the field at the same time.

I wasn't thrilled about it against Panama but was ok with it since our back line was so makeshift...

I was also ok with a point...

87 degrees at kick-off, high humidity, lousy field, every delight you usually get with a Concacaf away game and 2nd game in 4 days...

How special is Pulisic?

90% of guys just drill that into the guy to win the corner...90% of the remaining 10% try to shoot after the Cruyff and drill it into the guy to win the corner...the other 1% pick their head up and find a wide open teammate in the box...

I just don't think both Bradley and Jones can be on the field at the same time.

I wasn't thrilled about it against Panama but was ok with it since our back line was so makeshift...

I was also ok with a point...

87 degrees at kick-off, high humidity, lousy field, every delight you usually get with a Concacaf away game and 2nd game in 4 days...

How special is Pulisic?

90% of guys just drill that into the guy to win the corner...90% of the remaining 10% try to shoot after the Cruyff and drill it into the guy to win the corner...the other 1% pick their head up and find a wide open teammate in the box...

I think Jones was the worse of the two just not sure who takes over that spot. Two shuttlers like Nagbe and Lletget in the first game won't have enough defensive presence against better teams. But, we don't really have a true CDM, unless you play Cameron there.

I think Jones was the worse of the two just not sure who takes over that spot. Two shuttlers like Nagbe and Lletget in the first game won't have enough defensive presence against better teams. But, we don't really have a true CDM, unless you play Cameron there.

Agreed. I don't think Jones is disciplined enough. We've had 3 separate managers decide that Bradley is the best we've got so I think you just have to pencil him in under you see Arena trying someone else...

It is tough to find two-way guys who are both really creative going forward and get after it defensively.

Maybe Bedoya on the right and Nagbe on the left? Get some balance?

The pure level of skill demonstrated by Pulisic also means that we finally have someone who can create something out of nothing or out of very little.

How about that volley that got blocked?

do we have any other striker types other than woods coming along? how much longer Altidore and Dempsey can carry the load is to be decided.

Agreed. I don't think Jones is disciplined enough. We've had 3 separate managers decide that Bradley is the best we've got so I think you just have to pencil him in under you see Arena trying someone else...

It is tough to find two-way guys who are both really creative going forward and get after it defensively.

Maybe Bedoya on the right and Nagbe on the left? Get some balance?

The pure level of skill demonstrated by Pulisic also means that we finally have someone who can create something out of nothing or out of very little.

How about that volley that got blocked?

Agreed. That would be a decent line-up. Volley would have been a beaut!

do we have any other striker types other than woods coming along? how much longer Altidore and Dempsey can carry the load is to be decided.

Morris, Wood, Altidore, Dempsey, Agudelo, Johansson, Dwyer just got his citizenship, there's others I'm forgetting. A few young guys at decent sized euro clubs

Dempsey is up there but Jozy is only 27

Future of the goalie position

Does Hamid or Cropper get a look at before next WC and if not, who is coming up behind them?

Future of the goalie position

Does Hamid or Cropper get a look at before next WC and if not, who is coming up behind them?

Hamid is injured every other day so I doubt it'll be him. Goal keeper is a big question moving forward. There are some younger MLS keeps along with Horvath in Norway I believe.

Howard or Guzan will be our keeper for the 2018 WC

Pulisic starting in Der Klassiker! Wood assists vs Hoffemheim to pull HSV further out of the relegation zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.