Status
Not open for further replies.
My lineup with given roster:

------------Weah-------Wood---------------
--------------------Nagbe--------------------
Saief------Adams----Mckennie----Yedlin
-------EPB--------CCV-------Miazga-----
------------------Bono/Steffen--------------

I know Nagbe isn't a 10 but we don't have one on the roster. Would be occupied by Pulisic.

Others I want to see get some time: Novakovich, Robinson, Moore, Delgado

Last edited:
Adams made a great 3/4 field run after passing to Delgado you played a lofted through ball back to Adams. Adams made a few touches and drew the penalty on the
keeper. Wood finished the peno.

Adams has some pace to him. Would love to see Pulisic, Mckennie, and Adams out there. I'm a Parks fan too and you could sling Pulisic out wide if he develops.

Sarachan doesn't sub Weah and Novakavich in until past the 85'. FFS.

Both looked good BTW. Novakavich moves real good for a big man and Weah drew a couple fouls and played a nice through ball.

Didn't give any time to the young fullbacks either...

I've got my tickets to see them in Philly on Memorial Day. Hoping Weah gets a start there and I really want to see what Shaq Moore can do.

I've got my tickets to see them in Philly on Memorial Day. Hoping Weah gets a start there and I really want to see what Shaq Moore can do.

Loved the work rate and effort these guys played with. Something really missing from the qualifying cycle. Hope we truly move forward and don't bring in the older players.

I would move forward with this pool and test as many young guys as possible.

-----------------------------Wood 25/Novakovich 21/Sargent 18
Saief 24/Weah 18/Carleton 17---------------------------Pulisic 19/Arriola 23/Green 22

-------Mckennie 19/Delgado 22/Roldan 22-----Adams 19/Nagbe 26/Hyndman 21-----

----------------------------Williams 29/Trapp 25/Parks 20-----------------------------------

Villafaña 28/Lichaj 29/Robinson 20----------------------Yedlin 24/Moore 21/Chandler

-------Brooks 25/EPB 20/Zimmerman 24------Miazga 22/CCV 20/Glad 21-----------

--------------------------------Steffen 22/Bono 23/Hamid------------------------------

Is anyone else watching LA Galaxy vs LAFC right now?

What.A.Game.

I turned it on around the 50th minute and the Galaxy down 3.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic ties the game with a beautiful volley from 35 yards out and just headed the game winner in the 90th minute.

Unreal. Galaxy 4 LAFC 3

Just saw the highlight of Zlatan's first goal. That. Was. Ridiculous.

As crazy as his debut was, his postgame comments are about 100x better. Immediately one of my favorite athletes. Going to be checking out some Galaxy games for sure.

Loved the work rate and effort these guys played with. Something really missing from the qualifying cycle. Hope we truly move forward and don't bring in the older players.

I would move forward with this pool and test as many young guys as possible.

-----------------------------Wood 25/Novakovich 21/Sargent 18
Saief 24/Weah 18/Carleton 17---------------------------Pulisic 19/Arriola 23/Green 22

-------Mckennie 19/Delgado 22/Roldan 22-----Adams 19/Nagbe 26/Hyndman 21-----

----------------------------Williams 29/Trapp 25/Parks 20-----------------------------------

Villafaña 28/Lichaj 29/Robinson 20----------------------Yedlin 24/Moore 21/Chandler

-------Brooks 25/EPB 20/Zimmerman 24------Miazga 22/CCV 20/Glad 21-----------

--------------------------------Steffen 22/Bono 23/Hamid------------------------------

Pretty good depth chart IMO. I think Sargent will pass Novakovich pretty quickly. I'd also prefer Johannsson and Altidore (let him simmer in purgatory for awhile though, same with Michael Bradley). It's disconcerting that Nova hasn't been able to break through at Reading. Parks as a "6" is interesting given his range of passing, but he isnt a real ball winner. That might not be that important with dual high work rate 8s like McKennie and Adams in front of him. I havent given up on Acosta as an 8 either. Durkin, Gloster, Jones, and Harkes are ones to keep an eye on in MF. Lleget should still be under consideration too, once he gets his fitness back.

At goalie, i think Hamid remains ahead of Bono. He's a better shot stopper.

Pretty good depth chart IMO. I think Sargent will pass Novakovich pretty quickly. I'd also prefer Johannsson and Altidore (let him simmer in purgatory for awhile though, same with Michael Bradley). It's disconcerting that Nova hasn't been able to break through at Reading. Parks as a "6" is interesting given his range of passing, but he isnt a real ball winner. That might not be that important with dual high work rate 8s like McKennie and Adams in front of him. I havent given up on Acosta as an 8 either. Durkin, Gloster, Jones, and Harkes are ones to keep an eye on in MF. Lleget should still be under consideration too, once he gets his fitness back.

At goalie, i think Hamid remains ahead of Bono. He's a better shot stopper.

Altidore is still our best striker IMO, but him and Bradley are in my doghouse and we certainly don't NEED either.

Agree on Sargent sounds like he is impressing at Bremen.

Idk where parks best fits yet, maybe Adams as the 6 and parks further up the pitch.

I thought Lletget looked good before the injury, hopefully he can work his way back in.

Toronto up 2-1 at half vs. America. Wet game in Toronto. Missed the first goal but Jozy had a nice one for the second. High pace up and down game.

Wow - I missed the game, but reading some of the news today is hilarious. Club America is claiming that the Toronto Police officers were assaulting their players in the tunnel at the half (apparently after a melee between players), TFC players are saying they were assaulted by the CA coach, and CA is claiming that the referees have been treating them unfairly by making their players change their undershirts.

I would expect nothing less from a Liga Mx clash where Club America loses...

Wow - I missed the game, but reading some of the news today is hilarious. Club America is claiming that the Toronto Police officers were assaulting their players in the tunnel at the half (apparently after a melee between players), TFC players are saying they were assaulted by the CA coach, and CA is claiming that the referees have been treating them unfairly by making their players change their undershirts.

I would expect nothing less from a Liga Mx clash where Club America loses...
If there’s one thing we all know about Canadians it’s that they’re prone to violence. What a hysterical attempt to spin the fact that MLS is having a great year in the competition.

Altidore is still our best striker IMO, but him and Bradley are in my doghouse and we certainly don't NEED either.

Agree on Sargent sounds like he is impressing at Bremen.

Idk where parks best fits yet, maybe Adams as the 6 and parks further up the pitch.

I thought Lletget looked good before the injury, hopefully he can work his way back in.
I think Adams projects best as a box to box holding midfielder but I don’t mind the strategy of letting him gain experience all over the field. He’s like a poor man’s Joshua Kimmich for us with his versatility and work rate.

France to vote for Morocco for 2026 WC

Apparently France is voting for Morocco to win the rights to host the World Cup and hopes to influence other European nations with its vote. I have a feeling we are going to get shafted in 2026. Anyone else more confident than I am?

France to vote for Morocco for 2026 WC

Apparently France is voting for Morocco to win the rights to host the World Cup and hopes to influence other European nations with its vote. I have a feeling we are going to get shafted in 2026. Anyone else more confident than I am?

Nope. I fully believe that Morocco will now prevail.

Politics trumps ability to host...

And, btw, we are not getting shafted. This is a global decision. We have no birthright to host in 26.

We are, far and away, the country most easily capable of, and best suited to, host and I believe that the 94 cup is still the best attended cup ever.

But, unfortunately, the above is not the number one criteria for bodies such as FIFA and the IOC...

Nope. I fully believe that Morocco will now prevail.

Politics trumps ability to host...

And, btw, we are not getting shafted. This is a global decision. We have no birthright to host in 26.

We are, far and away, the country most easily capable of, and best suited to, host and I believe that the 94 cup is still the best attended cup ever.

But, unfortunately, the above is not the number one criteria for bodies such as FIFA and the IOC...

You are right. Politics trumps all. I feel the US would have had a better chance of hosting if the votes were still anonymous. Some countries are going to vote for Morocco just to appease other nations in their region. I think anonymously, some of them would be riskier with their votes.

You are right. Politics trumps all. I feel the US would have had a better chance of hosting if the votes were still anonymous. Some countries are going to vote for Morocco just to appease other nations in their region. I think anonymously, some of them would be riskier with their votes.

Possibly. Not a lot of love for us across the globe right now.

Other than China, not a lot that other countries can really do about it.

This is one small way to retaliate...

not sure anonymous votes would make a difference...

Roles we played in liberating Europe in WWI, liberating Europe again in WWII, rebuilding Western Europe after WWII and defeating Communism during the Regean years were all a long time ago...

There's one point that I think gets overlooked by Americans when the US is hosting a World Cup -- it's the travel between the venues.

You're potentially having games in San Fran, Dallas, Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago, etc. It's not easy to pick up and travel to other games. Part of the WC culture, especially in the economically developed countries, is going to a new country for two weeks while sightseeing and taking trains from city to city to catch your home country's matches as well as games like Costa Rica/Algeria (or whatever game had tickets readily available) in a different city. You can't do those day trips in the US as easily (or economically) and it has been pointed out each time the US has put in a bid. Aside from not being good at playing the corruption game, I think that's an issue.

The North American bid is in big trouble. When members from CONCACAF say they are voting for Moracco you know its trouble.

I don't see the NA bid getting help from any African nation, and South American is against us due to the Justice Department stuff on FIFA.

Oh well, I guess North America will wait till 2034 or hope Qatar gets it taken away.

Having the WC in Qatar 2022 and then Morocco 2026 would just be stupid but its happening.

There's one point that I think gets overlooked by Americans when the US is hosting a World Cup -- it's the travel between the venues.

You're potentially having games in San Fran, Dallas, Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago, etc. It's not easy to pick up and travel to other games. Part of the WC culture, especially in the economically developed countries, is going to a new country for two weeks while sightseeing and taking trains from city to city to catch your home country's matches as well as games like Costa Rica/Algeria (or whatever game had tickets readily available) in a different city. You can't do those day trips in the US as easily (or economically) and it has been pointed out each time the US has put in a bid. Aside from not being good at playing the corruption game, I think that's an issue.

Brazil is almost as big as the contiguous 48 States...South Korea and Japan were separated by water...With South Africa, Germany, France & Italy you have a point...

Duh, forgot...Russia has same issue...look at distances between those stadia.

huge difference in traveling around brazil and traveling around the US just in safety issues

Brazil is almost as big as the contiguous 48 States...South Korea and Japan were separated by water...With South Africa, Germany, France & Italy you have a point...

Duh, forgot...Russia has same issue...look at distances between those stadia.

Yes, but I feel (and I am far from an expert on the bidding process) when bids are made, there are almost buckets that each world cup can fall into. In some votes, it seems as though FIFA is going to expand to a region that hasn't hosted it before (JPN/KOR or South Africa), others they've awarded it to developing countries -- which usually goes hand-in-hand with corruption (Brazil or Russia), and others they go for the "classic" world cup experience (France, Germany, Italy, etc). I think we fall into that third bucket but it's difficult to say that we can provide the same type of experience as more condensed countries when each region (except maybe DC/Baltimore-Philly-NYC-Boston) are so geographically segregated. Obviously I'm not saying that our geography is all the committee thinks about, but I do think it plays a role.

And in other news:

Confusion over Dominica, St. Lucia '26 votes

Status
Not open for further replies.