USMNT soccer team thread | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully sooner rather than later

I really don't follow the rumor mill -- is there much out there about him?

The thing about Adams is he's lived in the same spot his whole life. He's never left home for college or even to move closer to the Red Bulls grounds in NJ. I wonder if he would want his first move away from his parents to be to England/Germany/France/etc, because in interviews it seems like her really likes being at home.

I really don't follow the rumor mill -- is there much out there about him?

The thing about Adams is he's lived in the same spot his whole life. He's never left home for college or even to move closer to the Red Bulls grounds in NJ. I wonder if he would want his first move away from his parents to be to England/Germany/France/etc, because in interviews it seems like her really likes being at home.
That's why I think he's in a perfect spot. He can play in a system and for a coach that allows him to express himself and play an uptempo and aggressive style without being punished for the occasional mistake. By the time he hits 22-24 years old I think he's going to be a really hot commodity. I think he can develop in MLS without going to play at a low level European side in Poland or Austria or the Netherlands first because of his situation. I'd hate to see him go play for a team in a relegation battle that wouldn't let him play the way that best suits his development.

That's why I think he's in a perfect spot. He can play in a system and for a coach that allows him to express himself and play an uptempo and aggressive style without being punished for the occasional mistake. By the time he hits 22-24 years old I think he's going to be a really hot commodity. I think he can develop in MLS without going to play at a low level European side in Poland or Austria or the Netherlands first because of his situation. I'd hate to see him go play for a team in a relegation battle that wouldn't let him play the way that best suits his development.

Agreed it should be the right move, as long he's developing in the MLS. But, if he can get minutes in Europe maybe in the Bundesliga it's a no brainer to me.. for development purposes. Not sure if he's ready yet, haven't watched enough of him

Just hit me from watching this video that we won't be seeing Clint anymore. True US legend to me. Nothing like that goal vs. Ghana in Brazil, so many big moments and he's been such a big part of the national team since I can remember as a kid. Pulling for him in CONCACAF CL.

Never forget the swagger! No one else like that in the current pool IMO.

We need to cap him asap. I don't need even the slightest chance of France sniffing around.

Luckily for us France may be the deepest team in the world right now with young and prime attacking talent. I doubt Weah is very high up on their radar, even if he is getting run for PSG because they lost their front line.

Luckily for us France may be the deepest team in the world right now with young and prime attacking talent. I doubt Weah is very high up on their radar, even if he is getting run for PSG because they lost their front line.
Absolutely. They've got such a glut of talent in the midfield and up front and they're all pretty young. Rabiot, Pogba, Tolisso, Coman, Dembele, Martial. It's easy to forget how many young stars they have and they're going to be so fun to watch in the WC.

Watching the game now. I never really heard of Mines before that I can recall off the top of my head -- not sure if he ever played for the national team.

I really like this kid Kyle Duncan that is playing behind him though. Only 20 years old. From NYC and apparently used to play in Ligue 2 in France. Could be players to watch.

Pulisic vs. Chandler coming up on FS2.

Also, just wanted to let everyone know that all out of market MLS games are free to watch live on live.mlssoccer.com until ESPN's new pay for streaming service launches.

Two good wins by NYRB and Toronto. See what Seattle can do tonight. Maybe an all MLS final?

I'm not positive on this, but I think if Seattle wins tonight, then either they or the Red Bulls is guaranteed a spot in the Finals. Even if Seattle buckles, Red Bulls have home field advantage in the second leg. It'd be awesome to have an All MLS final though. We've never won this -- although I think DC won the pedecessor tournament way back when?

Lots of disorganization in the back from the Sounders in the second half destroys our guarantee for one MLS team in the CCL finals (as well as one sweet free kick from the goats). If American soccer makes one advance in the next generation, I'd love to see us figure out how to get a defensive unit to move cohesively. I'm so tired of seeing some dopey fullback be 3 yards behind his CBs leaving an opportunity for an easy diagonal run and through ball to set up a goal. It should be a basic task for a professional defender at this level, I don't know how we keep failing here.

Saief ------------Johansson--------Pulisic
-----------Mckennie------Parks-----------
---------------------Adams-----------------
Villafaña--CarterVickers--Miazga--Yedlin
---------------------Steffen------------------

Subs: Weah (60'), Lletget (70'), Rowe (75')

I just booked a hotel for this. The girlfriend has never been to Philly so we're gonna make it a little 3 day trip. Easy drive from Cuse and I'm sure it's close to some of you other guys, too.

I'm sorry - but I think it's better long term for Adams, Bono, and DelGado to stay with their team and prepare for the CCL semi-finals which are less than a week after the game. We are constantly saying that we have to get our best players in intense game situations against better teams. The opportunity to play in the CCL Semis is much more significant than a young camp and friendly against Paraguay. There's absolutely nothing on the line against another team that was an "als0-ran" in this cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.