USMNT thread - 2018 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT thread - 2018

I was sitting up behind the goal where we scored twice in the second half. Parks was a difference maker and he’s so comfortable on the ball. The best thing about Weah’s goal is that he should’ve been played in earlier in the buildup and didn’t quit on the play. He made a beautiful second run and the finish was tidy. The other impressive thing was watching McKennie run. I don’t think he stopped moving the entire game and he was everywhere and always pressing whoever was on the ball. Good work from a very young team even though Bolivia is horrendous.

If he can do that kind of thing fairly consistently and get a better shot off watch out. That is almost something a world class player does. Would be awesome if he can continue to impress.

I missed the end of the game, but it sounds like Parks really impressed! Everything I have read keeps mentioning him.

I always loved that 2002 Germany team (despite that game) with size and skill in the midfield - glad to hear we are developing a player in that mold.

Another friendly tomorrow vs. Ireland. Will be interesting to see who sarachan goes with, hopefully the young guns again

CCV is playing against Ireland and I'm not impressed. Jonathan Walters at 34 blew past him and CCV had to foul with a card to stop him.

lacks pace, looks lost under pressure

CCV is playing against Ireland and I'm not impressed. Jonathan Walters at 34 blew past him and CCV had to foul with a card to stop him.

lacks pace, looks lost under pressure

Definitely not his best showing, and does lack pace. I think CCV would struggle more against small pacey CONCACAF attackers. Don't like Trapp at the 6, was getting bullied physically, and put more pressure on the central defenders.

Should've been this IMO: Mckennie at 6, Adams as 8, Parks 8/10

-----Parks----Adams----
---------Mckennie-------

Also, Hamid was shockingly bad. Steffen has to be our #1.

Definitely not his best showing, and does lack pace. I think CCV would struggle more against small pacey CONCACAF attackers. Don't like Trapp at the 6, was getting bullied physically, and put more pressure on the central defenders.

Should've been this IMO: Mckennie at 6, Adams as 8, Parks 8/10

-----Parks----Adams----
---------Mckennie-------

Also, Hamid was shockingly bad. Steffen has to be our #1.

I missed the game (again!) -- anything eye opening/opinion forming happen?

I missed the game (again!) -- anything eye opening/opinion forming happen?

Nothing really eye opening. It was an ugly game. Ireland put pressure on us and we weren't able to relieve pressure and get the ball in attacking positions too often.

Adams struggled passing the ball forward but has a good motor.
Trapp doesn't have the athletic ability to play 6 internationally
Mckennie solid
Yedlin didn't play very well - prolly in vacation mode
CCV may not have the speed to play internationally
Miazga played well other than being caught flat footed on the game winning goal
Villafaña meh won't do anything great and is a liability against top teams
Rubin not a fan, Saief probabaly would've started but last min scratch with injury
Wood got a poachers goal. Didn't provide much if any link up play
Weah played well again can see flashes
Hamid didn't command control of the box on multiple occasions

Subs

Tim Parker played well
Shaq Moore raw but athletic
Corona meh we've seen enough of him, role player
Luca de la tore. Small and not strong enough. Not sure he should've been there
Sargent looked the part again. Provides a lot more link up ability than wood

I don't think Sarachans 4141 suits our team. We don't have a 6, if anything it's Mckennie but he's more of an 8. Idk why we are being force fed Will Trapp, and he was captain to boot.

4-2-3-1 would probably suit Mckennie and Adams playing as the dual pivot. Put a more creative 10 in front of them. I like Parks but sarachan didn't even have him in the 18 for this match...

Last edited:
First major upset of the USOC tonight. Louisville FC upset the Revs. Great goal to seal the 3-2 victory.

Anyone watching USA @ France

Pogba hits woodwork. Griezeman slices wide. Giroud with a header 6 yards out right at the keeper. Parker starstruck by $77million Mbappe and tries to shake hands while Mbape keeps on playing and gets behind the defense.

Yet 1-0, somehow.

Anyone watching USA @ France

Pogba hits woodwork. Griezeman slices wide. Giroud with a header 6 yards out right at the keeper. Parker starstruck by $77million Mbappe and tries to shake hands while Mbape keeps on playing and gets behind the defense.

Yet 1-0, somehow.
Almost 2-0 a min ago. Wood offsides

France hitting their normal stride at world cup time lol. Really like Steffen, Carter Vickers and Mckennie. Also a fan of Adams and Sargeant. Lot of good young talent. Green scored the goal but kid still has a long ways to go and hope he gets there. Steffen is world class the way he is playing right now. On the early misses he was right there stretched out making the goal smaller. I would be surprised if Steff isn't playing for a big club overseas soon a la the path Timmy Howard went.

CCV played much better tonight. Still need to see more. Miazga did really real before the injury.

Steffen was very good as a shot stopper but his distribution out of the back was poor. Nitpicking. Keller was the same way a generation ago.

McKennie has played well. Parker played well but I'm not sure he's long term solution.

Our fullbacks were pinned back most of the game. Considering the pace, skill, and size that France could field I thought they did really well. That early juke move by Mendy against Shaq Moore had me worried but both Moore and Robinson settled down. Please no more Yedlin.

France hitting their normal stride at world cup time lol. Really like Steffen, Carter Vickers and Mckennie. Also a fan of Adams and Sargeant. Lot of good young talent. Green scored the goal but kid still has a long ways to go and hope he gets there. Steffen is world class the way he is playing right now. On the early misses he was right there stretched out making the goal smaller. I would be surprised if Steff isn't playing for a big club overseas soon a la the path Timmy Howard went.

Believe he tried to ply his trade in Germany already and came back to MLS but could be wrong. He's certainly good enough to give it another shot

how much would you change of the lineup used today if you were trying to get the best lineup?

Striker: Wood was poor, so maybe altidore? - Sargent, Johansson, Dwyer, Zardes

Trapp played better today. Still interested in more Parks, possibly Delgado as well.

Add Brooks in the mix at CB and we have some good options.

Robinson is our best LB no doubt in my mind.

Steffen is the #1

------------Altidore-------Pulisic---------
------Mckennie----Trapp------Adams------
Robinson-----------------------------Yedlin
-----Brooks-----Miazga--Parker/CCV
------------------Steffen-------------------

Believe he tried to ply his trade in Germany already and came back to MLS but could be wrong. He's certainly good enough to give it another shot

I'm pretty sure he went oversees after college -- Germany sounds right. He's only 23. He made a lot of mental errors last year, but was always a great shot stopper. I haven't heard of him making as many in 2018, so hopefully he turned that corner.

Missed the game today (but we did see Terrell Hunt at the NYCFC/Atlanta game this afternoon), but sounds like our young guns held their own. I'll have to catch the replay.

BTW - look for the names Jeremy Ebobisse and Jonathan Lewis later this summer. I think both players really have a chance to have break-out summers and open some eyes. They just need to find their spot to get some PT.

I'm pretty sure he went oversees after college -- Germany sounds right. He's only 23. He made a lot of mental errors last year, but was always a great shot stopper. I haven't heard of him making as many in 2018, so hopefully he turned that corner.

Missed the game today (but we did see Terrell Hunt at the NYCFC/Atlanta game this afternoon), but sounds like our young guns held their own. I'll have to catch the replay.

BTW - look for the names Jeremy Ebobisse and Jonathan Lewis later this summer. I think both players really have a chance to have break-out summers and open some eyes. They just need to find their spot to get some PT.

Wasn't pretty by any means, but well organized in the back. Nonetheless impressive to get a result in France.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom