USMNT thread - 2018 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT thread - 2018

how much would you change of the lineup used today if you were trying to get the best lineup?

Striker: Wood was poor, so maybe altidore? - Sargent, Johansson, Dwyer, Zardes

Trapp played better today. Still interested in more Parks, possibly Delgado as well.

Add Brooks in the mix at CB and we have some good options.

Robinson is our best LB no doubt in my mind.

Steffen is the #1

------------Altidore-------Pulisic---------
------Mckennie----Trapp------Adams------
Robinson-----------------------------Yedlin
-----Brooks-----Miazga--Parker/CCV
------------------Steffen-------------------

I definitely want Brooks in there. I would like to see what Weah can do as he develops. I don't like Pulisic up top much rather he be roaming and bridging between the midfield and strikers. I like Carter Vickers over Parker as well. Definitely a lot of options and a lot of football to be played by some of these kids. Also it's hard to keep up as so many young American prospects keep popping up.

CCV played much better tonight. Still need to see more. Miazga did really real before the injury.

Steffen was very good as a shot stopper but his distribution out of the back was poor. Nitpicking. Keller was the same way a generation ago.

McKennie has played well. Parker played well but I'm not sure he's long term solution.

Our fullbacks were pinned back most of the game. Considering the pace, skill, and size that France could field I thought they did really well. That early juke move by Mendy against Shaq Moore had me worried but both Moore and Robinson settled down. Please no more Yedlin.

Yedlin needs to be more of a super sub and situational guy somewhat similar to what Jozy should probably be in the future. His speed adds a unique dimension but his lack of awareness when he pushes forward is still so frustrating.

South Africa and bunch of African countries voted for the United bid. Really only Netherlands and France betrayed us.

We won’t forget this Brazil.
We always pay you guys high fees for friendlies. This September should be the last one.
Italy and France were for Morocco as well.

1528894432702.jpeg

7 fairly easy drives to get to games from Syracuse depending on who you want to see. It’s hard to imagine that all 4 of NYC, Philly, Baltimore (most likely of those left out), and DC get selected because of traffic and proximity, though.

I hope Italy, France, Belgium and Netherlands get dumped to one of the west coast sites or Edmonton so their fans can enjoy watching a 7pm west coast game at 4am Central European time.

9 hour time differences can be a bitch!

A little disappointing, but Julian Green is headed to the B2, isn't in VfB's plans.

3 posts in a row?

Unfortunately, Zack Steffen has a suffered a potential major knee injury. Not great for a typical athletic, American shot stopper. Let's hope things look better after more tests...

He's having a good season so far. Not sure if it's him or a very well coached defense (Berhalter is obviously a top American coach right now -- he's put together a very cohesive team) but Steffen is starting to grow on me (I let it be known that I wasn't a fan last year).

For those that are interested, the US Soccer YouTube Channel has posted 11 mini-documentaries about some of the up-and-coming USMNT guys:

Players included:
Matt Miazga: RISING: Matt Miazga
Cameron Carter Vickers: RISING: Cameron Carter-Vickers
Cristian Roldan: RISING: Cristian Roldan
Christian Pulisic: RISING: Christian Pulisic
Kellyn Acosta: RISING: Kellyn Acosta
DeAndre Yedlin: RISING: DeAndre Yedlin
Zack Steffen: RISING: Zack Steffen
Josh Sargent: RISING: Josh Sargent
Tyler Adams: RISING: Tyler Adams
Weston McKennie: RISING: Weston McKennie
Tim Weah: RISING: Tim Weah

When is the next USMNT manager likely to be named?
I hope in time for the September friendlies with Brazil/Mexico England/Italy.

I read the current Mexico manager is the guy Ernie Stewart wants.

When is the next USMNT manager likely to be named?
I hope in time for the September friendlies with Brazil/Mexico England/Italy.

I read the current Mexico manager is the guy Ernie Stewart wants.

I imagine it'll be relatively soon; seems like they were waiting to see who'd shake loose after the World Cup. I saw the rumors of them wanting the Mexico coach; there was a little bit of scuttlebutt about the Argentina coach too.

As the search goes on, I read that Sarachan and staff were all given extensions through the end of the year. But that also won't stop them from hiring the guy they want.

Sources: U.S. Soccer extends contract of USMNT interim head...

I think Osorio is a strong candidate for the job as has made no secret about being interested in it, but I think he is also interested in the Colombia job as well. He could be a candidate for the Argentina job of that one opens up.

There are several good international candidates for our job.. Martinez (he was my favorite candidate before the WC), Quieroz, Wagner, Van Gaal (Dutch influence in our decision makers), Wenger (one last gig), Herrera and so on...

From the MLS options, I'm sure Marsch, Vanney, Vermes, Pareja, Berhalter are being considered. Probably Tata (no English though but he is brilliant) too... ATL UTD fan here. Just thankful Atlanta finally got a MLS team. Being a transplant, I've been waiting years to have an Atlanta team (not only for soccer but also an ATL team to root for).

As the search goes on, I read that Sarachan and staff were all given extensions through the end of the year. But that also won't stop them from hiring the guy they want.

I think Osorio is a strong candidate for the job as has made no secret about being interested in it, but I think he is also interested in the Colombia job as well. He could be a candidate for the Argentina job of that one opens up.

There are several good international candidates for our job.. Martinez (he was my favorite candidate before the WC), Quieroz, Wagner, Van Gaal (Dutch influence in our decision makers), Wenger (one last gig), Herrera and so on...

From the MLS options, I'm sure Marsch, Vanney, Vermes, Pareja, Berhalter are being considered. Probably Tata (no English though but he is brilliant) too... ATL UTD fan here. Just thankful Atlanta finally got a MLS team. Being a transplant, I've been waiting years to have an Atlanta team (not only for soccer but also an ATL team to root for).
Marsch is headed to RB Leipzig, unfortunately. He was tops on my list.

As expected it looks like Osario is definitely going leave El Tri. Might be tough to beat out Colombia for his services but he has expressed interest in the USMNT position.

Berhalter is currently considered the leader here, but this is all fluid.

Hopefully they just have a better deal coming down the pipe. Would like to see him head to England, and City have a real shot at promotion this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom