USMNT thread - 2018 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT thread - 2018

If only there were some way to start a new thread...

You watch Roma vs Liverpool today? It was a big game here in Italy.

You watch Roma vs Liverpool today? It was a big game here in Italy.

I did not. I have never gotten into watching Champions League other than the few times Fiorentina has made it.

First, the games are during the day so I would have to DVR.

Then, between my work schedule and my kids' sports schedules, it is all I can do to find time to watch SU hoops (which mostly gets DVR'd during the week and then watched on the weekends - so no time during the winter to watch Champions League.)

Then, come Spring time, my kids sports schedules really heat up so it is all I can do to watch SU lax. No time for Champions league.

I do try to watch the final since that is on a Saturday...

I did see that Roma almost came all the way back...

Be interesting to see how Liverpool does vs Real Madrid. Real really took it to another level last year vs Juve...

Tyler Adams hurt his knee today. Seemed serious from his reaction on the bench.

Jesse Marsch also rumored to a big job in the Bundesliga. Could be nice experience for someone who should be in the USMNT HC discussion whenever there is an opening.

Tyler Adams hurt his knee today. Seemed serious from his reaction on the bench.

Jesse Marsch also rumored to a big job in the Bundesliga. Could be nice experience for someone who should be in the USMNT HC discussion whenever there is an opening.

Adams back in training today so that's good

How I'd line up vs. Bolivia given the selected squad

----------------Novakovich--------------
----------Green----------Pulisic---------
Robinson--Mckennie--Parks--Oslunde
-----------EPB----CCV----Miazga------
------------------Hamid------------------

Weah for Green
Sargent for Novakovich

How I'd line up vs. Bolivia given the selected squad

----------------Novakovich--------------
----------Green----------Pulisic---------
Robinson--Mckennie--Parks--Oslunde
-----------EPB----CCV----Miazga------
------------------Hamid------------------

Weah for Green
Sargent for Novakovich
Seeing the young talent they called in completely validated my decision to grab tickets to this game. Can’t wait for next week.

Sarachan's starting XI

----------------Sargent-----------------
Rubin-----Corona---Pulisic-----Weah
----------------Mckennie---------------
Robinson--EPB--Zimmerman--Lichaj

Don't care to see Rubin, Zimmerman and corona but I should have expected it at this point. Rather see Parks for corona, gooch or green for Rubin, and the CCV and Miazga CB pairing

Last edited:

Unfortunately for Alex, team performances like today aren't great for a keeper who is fighting for the #1 position.

He'll definitely keep getting called up but I'm guessing he'd like a chance to make a few big saves, show that he can demand control of the box when under pressure, take a few good calculated risks, etc -- similar to a few of his performances in the Concacaf Champions League -- instead of being a non-factor. But that's the life of a keeper.

There are probably 5 or 6 pretty good young keepers that we have right now in our pool (Bono being one of them). I really hope we can see 2 or 3 of them make a huge jump so we can have the goalkeeping depth we are used to.

5EDBA865-B5BE-446C-9566-B17356B8761B.jpeg

Anybody watch the friendly? Really liked what I saw from Keaton Parks, he's that skillful midfielder I've always wished we had and in a 6'4 package to boot! Although others performed well too like Mckennie, Weah, Sargent, and Robinson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom