UT ND... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UT ND...

Part of me was rooting for ND so they could be ranked as high as possible when we play them but honestly, I wish nothing but bad things for them until they join our conference full time. Screw em with this half in/half independent entitled nonsense.

Good luck making the CFB Playoff starting off with a loss and no ACC Championship available to you.

The truth is that you will not feel any differently about them whether ND is fully in the ACC or not. That kind of stuff is a total red herring.

Usc was vastly overrated at 20, and the rest of Nd's schedule is pitiful, they only play three actual road games this year.

You might be right about USC. But Bama's defense has about 6-7 NFL players on it so they can make a lot of squads look bad.

Usc was vastly overrated at 20, and the rest of Nd's schedule is pitiful, they only play three actual road games this year.
There is also the "insider info" factor with Kiffin on the Alabama staff. Also, a story about Sarkisian joining the Bama staff over the weekend means the Tide had about as much knowledge of their opponent as humanly possible...

I bet UT. Think Charlie is in over his head, but not an nd fan . This true frosh qb looks legit. UT has 2 stud rbs. GO bevo!
Disagree with the bolded.
I think Charlie Strong is a GREAT HC who just needs/needed time to get the ball rolling at UT.
The players absolutely LOVE the guy as evidenced by their enthusiasm after big wins.
Its just a matter of time before Bevo is a perennial top 10 team again, IMO.

Disagree with the bolded.
I think Charlie Strong is a GREAT HC who just needs/needed time to get the ball rolling at UT.
The players absolutely LOVE the guy as evidenced by their enthusiasm after big wins.
Its just a matter of time before Bevo is a perennial top 10 team again, IMO.

It looks like they have turned the corner, its only one game, but it looks like Texas can win the big 12.

It looks like they have turned the corner, its only one game, but it looks like Texas can win the big 12.

I agree. Haven't figured out the qb situation til now and the true frosh looks great!

Texas has been awful on special teams under Strong and it almost killed them again last night. It wasn't just the PAT screw up last night. This is going to cost them a game at some point. Their schedule is really front-end loaded with Cal, OU and Okie State coming in successive weeks. If UT can get to no worse than 3-2 post Oklahoma, then they could run the table from there if the special teams don't cost them.

Texas has been awful on special teams under Strong and it almost killed them again last night. It wasn't just the PAT screw up last night. This is going to cost them a game at some point. Their schedule is really front-end loaded with Cal, OU and Okie State coming in successive weeks. If UT can get to no worse than 3-2 post Oklahoma, then they could run the table from there if the special teams don't cost them.

Looking at the way Tcu and Ou played, I think the b12 might be wide open.

TerryD said:
A consolation prize? That is how I view a division or conference championship. Trying to win every game going forward and getting a good bowl berth are things worth playing for as an independent. ND in the ACC would have no better shot at the playoffs than as an independent. I don't see a two loss ACC champ in the playoffs, either. Finally, what do the other 124 schools play football for, any more than ND, anyway? None of them are going to be in the playoffs.

A 1 loss, 11 win team has to get lucky. <- this is you

A 1 loss, 12 win team will get in. <- this is everyone playing in a conference winning their conf championship

It doesn't matter what you think a conference championship is worth. It's what the players and coaches and schools think.

The other 124 schools aren't Notre Dame, right? (It's what I've been told.) Isn't the goal for the proudest, best schools to play for a NC?

bpo57 said:
I'll try again. How does ND joining the ACC help SU?

$ and conference perception

$ and conference perception

I'm under the impression (certainly have read it here) that the ACC champ is almost a lock to make the playoffs. That would seem to be the case with or without ND. Yeah the $$$ would probably go up but not that much since now everything would get cup into an extra slice. On balance I just don't think it's gonna matter to SU. The SU football program will rise or fall on its own merits with little impact from ND's conference affiliation.

bpo57 said:
I'm under the impression (certainly have read it here) that the ACC champ is almost a lock to make the playoffs. That would seem to be the case with or without ND. Yeah the $$$ would probably go up but not that much since now everything would get cup into an extra slice. On balance I just don't think it's gonna matter to SU. The SU football program will rise or fall on its own merits with little impact from ND's conference affiliation.

And we are playing them more now than the teams in the other division.

The more I think about it, I think you're right.

Does anyone know when (or about when) the SU-ND game time will be announced?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom