Ut oh - Babers dodged the "are u here for the long term question" | Syracusefan.com

Ut oh - Babers dodged the "are u here for the long term question"

there's no denying that we as fans have gotten ahead of ourselves last year and he really wants to put an end to that. I like the linear, week-to-week focus that he's trying to implement. This applies to everything relating to the program.

Depends on the job that open up.
We should just enjoy this season.
If a factory or place he could win a NC opens up I am sure he would go.
He isn’t going to leave for a lateral job it’s just stupid to rebuild again at his age when SU does a lot for him.

Literally, the next question after he talked about how disappointed he is going to be when the carrier Dome gets AC. Two weeks ago his coaching chops were in question because he put in TD too early...

Sometimes I feel like being a Syracuse football fan is the equivalent to an eighth grader relationship.

“I don’t think I like you anymore... I LOVE YOU don’t ever leave me!”

Last edited:
Honestly, does it really matter? If we win 8 games and have an awesome and veteran DLine, O Line, WR corps, QB (new, but battle tested), RB, and Secondary (and we will), with planned Dome renovations, then we’ll be able to find a hot commodity to coach us. We aren’t in post-HCSS ages of futility, and we’re not a total rebuild. Coaches will want to coach for us.

If we're successful I assume he'll leave for a big job.

I'll be sad, but appreciate that he left the program much better than he found it.

And not answering the question doesn't matter. Coaches answer it and leave the next day. Situations and feeling change.

Yeah he'll leave and it will be the start of the Lynch era. What could go wrong with succession based coach hiring right?

The one positive is that Sean Lewis is getting some valuable head coaching experience at Kent State and it would be easy for the players to transition if he came back to SU as the head coach.

I’ve had this same thought. I *believe* it would be a good hire for continuity.

Depends on the job that open up.
We should just enjoy this season.
If a factory or place he could win a NC opens up I am sure he would go.
He isn’t going to leave for a lateral job it’s just stupid to rebuild again at his age when SU does a lot for him.
wants extension?????

IF he left, I hope there would be somebody who can come in and run his system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom