Ut oh - Babers dodged the "are u here for the long term question" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ut oh - Babers dodged the "are u here for the long term question"

So does Julian Whigham.

We simply can’t hire another coach who will come in and change the offense just when these kids have bought into Dino’s philosophy.

There are far more accomplished coaches that will be available that run a HUNH RPO than Sean Lewis. I like Sean, but he would have to do something special at Kent State for us to settle on him. I would want a national search for the best possible HUNH coach.

You don't have to wait that long, he's coming there in 2 weeks to give you guys another beat down.
crying.gif

If we're successful I assume he'll leave for a big job.

I'll be sad, but appreciate that he left the program much better than he found it.

And not answering the question doesn't matter. Coaches answer it and leave the next day. Situations and feeling change.
Why? Which successful Syracuse HC have left of their own accord for another college job?

I don't know how many times I have to keep posting this but he's coming to Clemson in a few years. Done deal.

Saban retires > Dabo goes to Bama > Dino to Clemson > Saban, hating retirement after 30 minutes of trying to learn how to garden, takes the HC job at Syracuse, returning to his early coaching home.

Sounds like a solid plan.

Saban retires > Dabo goes to Bama > Dino to Clemson > Saban, hating retirement after 30 minutes of trying to learn how to garden, takes the HC job at Syracuse, returning to his early coaching home.

Sounds like a solid plan.
I want Tressel

Honestly, does it really matter? If we win 8 games and have an awesome and veteran DLine, O Line, WR corps, QB (new, but battle tested), RB, and Secondary (and we will), with planned Dome renovations, then we’ll be able to find a hot commodity to coach us. We aren’t in post-HCSS ages of futility, and we’re not a total rebuild. Coaches will want to coach for us.

As an SU fan, you should know how dumb that statement is. It rarely happens that the next guy is as good as the last guy, regardless of players left. IMO, we would need a coach of color ( to help relate with recruits and players) with an innovative mind, high character, large doses of charisma, who would be committed to tailoring a team to the dome. They don't grow on trees.

Literally, the next question after he talked about how disappointed he is going to be when the carrier Dome gets AC. Two weeks ago his coaching chops were in question because he put in TD too early...

Sometimes I feel like being a Syracuse football fan is the equivalent to an eighth grader relationship.

“I don’t think I like you anymore... I LOVE YOU don’t ever leave me!”

Sports make people crazy my friend..much like love

Random Prediction: Dino will leave us for the Gators in 2-3 years. Just seems like a perfect marriage.

As an SU fan, you should know how dumb that statement is. It rarely happens that the next guy is as good as the last guy, regardless of players left. IMO, we would need a coach of color ( to help relate with recruits and players) with an innovative mind, high character, large doses of charisma, who would be committed to tailoring a team to the dome. They don't grow on trees.

Hire whoever wins the MAC so long as they're offensively minded. Otherwise, look at the winner of CUSA or any other mid-major that over performs and has a dynamic offense. There are like thee or four of those guys a year. In fact, we hired one the last time. Hell, we could have done that with Doug Marrone, but we decided to hire someone completely under qualified for cheap.

I don't know how many times I have to keep posting this but he's coming to Clemson in a few years. Done deal.
If by, “coming to Clemson”, you mean “retiring to Kiawah”, I’m sure Dino is all-in...and so am I.

Looking at it through non orange tinted glasses. I think he’d be pretty dumb to jump ship right now if we can match or come close to an offer.. he has a depth chart that’s really starting to come together, pretty much Clemson as the only main dog for atleast another year or two, he literally got to pick his boss ( wildhack).. the recruits and fans will start piling in if they can see that its a long term deal with success, the expectations are not that high here. But if he does so choose to leave I won’t b mad because for the love of god Hollywood won’t b the one picking the next man up.if he’s leaving atleast that means he’s leaving a good roster and we’ll b a hot job on the market ...

We ain't skerred a you no more.

I am a little. We have their full attention. I’m thankful for the noon start time. Anything later would have just increased the bullseye.

I am a little. We have their full attention. I’m thankful for the noon start time. Anything later would have just increased the bullseye.
Why, are you saying that they can't tell time in South Carolina?

Or are you saying that it will be so early that they will be too groggy from early morning heat and sunshine to play?

I am not counting on either and I don't think the time of day will make any difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom