UVA tournament bet | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UVA tournament bet

Lot of crazy posts flying around so let's have some fun.

I am willing to bet $20 (paid via Venmo) against the first 5 posters who want action.

I will take UVA to win the NCAA tournament this year. You can take any other team. If UVA wins the championship I win the bet. If your team wins the championship you win the bet. If neither team wins the championship then there is no payment.

If you take Duke you get them with or without Zion so be careful.

I'm in. I'll take the UNC Tar Holes

Well done skurey.

Some were obviously reacting to our loss with a reflexive need to down UVA.

With money on the line, the bloviating stopped pretty quickly.

I'll do a bet where I'll pay someone $100 if Virginia makes the final four, and someone can pay me $20 when Virginia gets bounced early...again.

Wow, you obviously have some deep-seated hate for UVA, and I've no idea why.

But I can respect that. Some of us feel that way about UConn, Georgetown, etc.

Hate on!!

I don't hate UVA, though it was a pleasure seeing the shoulder emoji guy and Perrantes stank fingers all sad in 2016. And seeing Bennett's glazed over look where he had no answer for Syracuse or for UMBC last year. It's fun watching them roll teams in the regular season and then get punked in the tournament. Every. Single. Year.

And comparing JB to Bennett.

In JB's first 15 years as a head coach he had 4 Sweet 16's, 1 Elite 8 and 1 runner up.

Bennett has 3 Sweet 16's in his first 15 years as a head coach.

Yep lots of people were posting about how UVA will lose early again.
Then bet on how early they lose.

Sorry if already suggested. I really don't want to read this whole silly thread.

I’m in. I’ve been waiting almost a week to post this. I’ll take Duke. :vomit:

Virginia player their best game of the season against the Orange. They are going to wish they saved that for some on fire shooting mid-major. Then they'll go cold and bye-bye.

skurey, I’ll take that action on Duke. I don’t think anyone else has yet.

Still bumping this thread...I want that action on Zion!

More pressure on Virginia than any school in this tournament. If they don’t get to the FF I don’t see how you can look at this season as anything but a failure. If they can’t get there this year I don’t know when they will as they lose a lot after this season.

More pressure on Virginia than any school in this tournament. If they don’t get to the FF I don’t see how you can look at this season as anything but a failure. If they can’t get there this year I don’t know when they will as they lose a lot after this season.

I honestly think this could be the UVA team to break through. But they had that same panic look they always get when they're losing late in the FSU game.

Ha funny story that I just won my biggest had of blackjack ever. Had a $200 bet. Had 8 against dealer 3. Doubled. Drew a 5 and dealer had a 6 card bust. That felt awesome.
Haha That’s awesome! But since I care about you I have to tell you to stop doubling down with an 8!

Love the guts but my analytic side just threw up in its mouth a little!:cool:

Ha funny story that I just won my biggest had of blackjack ever. Had a $200 bet. Had 8 against dealer 3. Doubled. Drew a 5 and dealer had a 6 card bust. That felt awesome.

Glad you bucked the odds by doubling down on an 8 but

SEn8c6V.gif

Glad you bucked the odds by doubling down on an 8 but

SEn8c6V.gif
Yup. Even if he was counting, the only index plays with a high TC are doubling 8 vs. dealer 5 or 6. Never with regular basic strategy.

Yup. Even if he was counting, the only index plays with a high TC are doubling 8 vs. dealer 5 or 6. Never with regular basic strategy.
What’s the fun in that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom