UVA used to own us I was told | Syracusefan.com

UVA used to own us I was told

I never really got the UVA owning us, even if we didn't beat them. The last 2 years they were way better than us throughout the year, and in 2014 they were awesome and we played them at their place

They owned us for 30 minutes that game

/Debbie downer

UVA is a smart, talented team with a great coach. We were 0-3 against them and they were a 1 seed. They are a great program. I like playing Virginia even though they have beaten us 3 of 4. They would trade the 3 wins they had against us for the 1 loss being a win.

Just watching those clips, it kind of emphasizes how important Roberson was to this team. He might have been the MIP -- not the MVP, or the best player, but we were a different team when he was focused and doing work inside.

And yes, I know that he "only" had 8 rebounds or whatever it was against Virginia--but I remember the pained look on JB's face when he fouled out with ~1:30 to play.

Roberson might have been our most important player last year.

I never really got the UVA owning us, even if we didn't beat them. The last 2 years they were way better than us throughout the year, and in 2014 they were awesome and we played them at their place
I like their fans, too. Maybe as they see more sustained success they'll get obnoxious, but right now they're very gracious and showed us great sportsmanship when they lost.

Just watching those clips, it kind of emphasizes how important Roberson was to this team. He might have been the MIP -- not the MVP, or the best player, but we were a different team when he was focused and doing work inside.

And yes, I know that he "only" had 8 rebounds or whatever it was against Virginia--but I remember the pained look on JB's face when he fouled out with ~1:30 to play.

I think that is the Roberson that JB knew was possible. That is why he tried to light a fire in him all year. Hopefully he stays that motivated all year, because beyond points and even recordable rebounds, his activity makes such a huge difference.

Great game! Been awhile since I watched those highlights. Um, they kinda have owned us since we joined ACC, obviously. I mean how can anyone say otherwise, lol.

Thats why I think next year really hinges on Robe, if he can make a similar leap to what G or Rak did, we could have a really special team.

We need to prove it wasn't an outlier. We've beaten Pitt a few times in this century but one victory didn't seem to lead to the next one.

Precisely.

We need to prove it wasn't an outlier. We've beaten Pitt a few times in this century but one victory didn't seem to lead to the next one.

Beating Pitt would be nice, I am sick of losing to them. Thank god Dixon is gone, so I don't have to see that fool celebrating again.

I like their fans, too. Maybe as they see more sustained success they'll get obnoxious, but right now they're very gracious and showed us great sportsmanship when they lost.

I like most of their fans and players. But I will never forget at about the 6:30 mark of the fist half when one of the Virginia players just threw the ball up in the air and it went in. that was when everything was going their way, and a Virginia bench player was on the sidelines with his head cocked to one side with his shoulders hunched up and his hands raised and a smug look on his face and kind of rolling his eyes. You can see it in the video clip above that Dr Bombay linked. I wanted so badly for us to beat them. And it gave me much satisfaction to see their bench, especially that player so worried when everything started going SU's way and we won. What a great feeling I had after that game. lol.

Beating Pitt would be nice, I am sick of losing to them. Thank god Dixon is gone, so I don't have to see that fool celebrating again.

I'd be surprised if we didn't start beating Pitt again - at least until JB retires. JB>Stallings is a big time mismatch imho.

And they've only come to the Dome once.

they beat us in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Yes , they had our number and we could and would never beat them, so I was told.

Then March 27, 2016 happened, what a feeling and what a memorable game

Happy Friday!!!

that was definitely in the top 5 most fun 30 minute stretches of my life. This was the 1st game where my 2 yr old son really followed along and copied me and clapped and screamed and high fived. unforgettable moment.

2 others in the top 5 also include cuse basketball: 2003 final 4 vs texas had a stretch where i was jump hugging 3 complete strangers after josh pace had his fast break dunk to seal the game and obviously the championship game had about a 10 hour stretch.

kinda cool how syracuse sports can be so fun.

I like most of their fans and players. But I will never forget at about the 6:30 mark of the fist half when one of the Virginia players just threw the ball up in the air and it went in. that was when everything was going their way, and a Virginia bench player was on the sidelines with his head cocked to one side with his shoulders hunched up and his hands raised and a smug look on his face and kind of rolling his eyes. You can see it in the video clip above that Dr Bombay linked. I wanted so badly for us to beat them. And it gave me much satisfaction to see their bench, especially that player so worried when everything started going SU's way and we won. What a great feeling I had after that game. lol.

I will never forget that Walk-On's Face...Or this little celebration.

I'd be surprised if we didn't start beating Pitt again - at least until JB retires. JB>Stallings is a big time mismatch imho.
College basketball is all about recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom