EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
FWIW:

Syracuse +125
Ohio St +125
Wisc +500
Cincy +600

Why the hell not us? :noidea:

I really think Cinci has more than a punchers chance to beat THE Ohio State. Yancy Gates has the size to body up against Sullinger and the experience to go toe to toe physically. And if they slow it down and play "crawl ball", I can see Cinci pulling out a win.

And if we meet them in the round of 8, there is no way in hell we're getting caught off guard again with their Zone D.

I really think Cinci has more than a punchers chance to beat THE Ohio State. Yancy Gates has the size to body up against Sullinger and the experience to go toe to toe physically. And if they slow it down and play "crawl ball", I can see Cinci pulling out a win.

And if we meet them in the round of 8, there is no way in hell we're getting caught off guard again with their Zone D.
If they shoot 8-10 from trey in the first half they'll be in great shape... like they did against us

Cincy needs to make shots to beat OSU. I think they would have a hard time with Buford and Thomas. You can take Gates and Sullinger out of the equation if you want. I will be rooting hard for Cincy but I dont see them beating OSU.

I don't think there's a guy in all of college basketball that I'd want to punch me less than yancy gates. He may be the strongest player in the nation.

:bat:

Sorry Marsh, you're still my bro.

Heh...captain obvious right?

I understand the argument and certainly think that Cincy can beat them with a grind it out style. I just know from watching OSU up close and personal this weekend that they have so much size and athleticism and will be a tough matchup for the Bearcats.

I don't think there's a guy in all of college basketball that I'd want to punch me less than yancy gates. He may be the strongest player in the nation.
he's a boxer too... so... double whammy

Ask Kenny frease what that's like. He crawled across the floor in pain.

Heh...captain obvious right?

I understand the argument and certainly think that Cincy can beat them with a grind it out style. I just know from watching OSU up close and personal this weekend that they have so much size and athleticism and will be a tough matchup for the Bearcats.
Ohio State's starters are
6'2
6'4
6'6
6'7
6'9

Cincy goes
6'0
6'3'
6'3
6'4
6'9
with a 6'8 6th man (Jackson)

Does Cincy want to slow it down and grind it out, or try to speed it up?

Ask Kenny frease what that's like. He crawled across the floor in pain.

Brandon Reese could have hit him and it would have done damage. When you get cold cocked like that (having been the recipient of that type of a punch) it doesnt take much to do some serious damage.

Ohio State's starters are
6'2
6'4
6'6
6'7
6'9

Cincy goes
6'0
6'3'
6'3
6'4
6'9
with a 6'8 6th man (Jackson)

Does Cincy want to slow it down and grind it out, or try to speed it up?

OSU can certainly run. Buford, Craft & Thomas can get up and down the floor. OSU is suc ha good rebounding team as well. Cincy will have to really control the glass in this game.

sullinger will just pull his game out a few feet, drag gates out with him..and then abuse him. sullinger is a college matchup nightmare...too big for smaller guys to guard...too quick and agile for typical big lug centers...remember in the zags game he decided to hit two threes early on just to let sacre know what he would be in for if he left him out there to shoot

FWIW:

Syracuse +125
Ohio St +125
Wisc +500
Cincy +600

So that means Vegas has us set up for 44% to win the East. Thats way high. Here's the real math. We are 60% to beat Wisconsin, and 50% to beat tOSU or Cincy so the chances of us winning the East are 30%. Terrible value at +125 should be more like +220

Yah where did you get these odds. Pinnacle has Ohio St as a pretty clear favorite.

Indeed. Nobody said Vegas was fair, haha. Their lines are drawn up for what makes them money... This tells me SU and OSU are the two clear favorites for bettors... so the lines are low so in case SU wins, Vegas doesn't wind up having to pay up +220 to a crapload of people.

Cincy needs to make shots to beat OSU. I think they would have a hard time with Buford and Thomas. You can take Gates and Sullinger out of the equation if you want. I will be rooting hard for Cincy but I dont see them beating OSU.
Jacksons sole purpose in lifw is to defend I think.hell do well against Thomas

Jacksons sole purpose in lifw is to defend I think.hell do well against Thomas
Yea the only chance Cincy has is if Jackson plays the defensive game of his life and holds Thomas to 10 points.

FWIW:

Syracuse +125
Ohio St +125
Wisc +500
Cincy +600

Okay, I don't gamble. What do those number mean? Mock if you must; I can take it!

Okay, I don't gamble. What do those number mean? Mock if you must; I can take it!
if you bet 100 on SU and SU wins, you get back your 100 wager plus 125 in winnings.

I think Cincy has a real shot at the upset. They are playing great ball the last 3 weeks, are tough as nails, and quicker all around than OSU. Cicny will not be physically pushed around like the Zags were. If Gates can stay out of foul trouble and Cincy hits a decent percentage from 3 look out.

bet365 had Cuse at +195 last night.

We'll see how Yancy stacks up...

One thing is for sure, Sullinger is good... but also overrated... and Draymond Green took him out behind the woodshed in the B10 tournament...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom