Very few players have gotten better lately | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Very few players have gotten better lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that’s nonsense. The coaches can’t be there all the time. It’s on the players to do the work to get better. You had no idea what was going on in practice, yet you blame the coaches. Ridiculous.
Yeah I agree. The other thing that goes unsaid a lot here is the fact we constantly have players who are not playing their natural position. That is a huge issue

Battle’s 2 pt% his freshman year was 51.9% this year it is 51.1%
Battle’s 3pt% his freshman year was 36.6% this year it is 34.2%

What Battle has done better is get to the free throw link your stats next time.
He is averaging 3 rpg this year instead of 2 rpg then and his assists have gone from 1.7 per game to 1.9.

The player development isn’t great.

Tyus Battle College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
You're cherry-picking shooting percentages from his freshman year when he was the third or fourth scoring option and comparing them to years when he has been the primary option. If you don't think he's improved offensively, you're just being disingenuous.

2018-12-17 19.41.58.png

Last edited:
Battle’s 2 pt% his freshman year was 51.9% this year it is 51.1%
Battle’s 3pt% his freshman year was 36.6% this year it is 34.2%

What Battle has done better is get to the free throw link your stats next time.
He is averaging 3 rpg this year instead of 2 rpg then and his assists have gone from 1.7 per game to 1.9.

The player development isn’t great.

Tyus Battle College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Stop looking at stats and watch the games Stat Boy.

The stats say he is the same player with more FG attempts and I said he got better at getting to the FT line.
Just because you say he is better doesn’t mean he is.
What exactly have the coaches developed.
You literally just want to fight any narrative you don’t like. Just as much as you don’t like me I could careless what you think as you showed the board what you are when you said coaches aren’t responsible for player development.
When you lose a poster like Celuck who is beyond objective on this board it shows when a clown statement has been made.

He’s definitely better and you don’t need to look at stats too see that. Watch the games. He’s certainly a much better player than he was as a freshman. Stupid. Keep pushing your agenda of hating on the coaching staff though. It never gets old.

Last edited:
Battle’s a good player but he isn’t some lottery SG/Swingman. He suffers from so much ineptitude around him as well. There will be some games he can carry us and/or keep us close and other games where the whole team is just overmatched.

He’s a pre-season all-American and he’s playing like one. Who cares about the lottery?

We hurt ourselves against ODU by not making our FT’s. Tyus needs to settle down and get the team settled when we face the type of adverse situations we did the other day. He was frustrated and let it reflect in his poor decisions and lack of concentration. And why is Frank taking the biggest 3 of that game? Don’t tell me JB drew that up.

That last possession went to Tyus, but he was heavily guarded so he passed it to the top of the key to oshae. He didn’t shoot and instead passed it to frank. With about 10 secs left down 6, I’m glad he took it. He was 2-4 at the time. I thought we might pass it around till the buzzer went off. Frank had to take it.

You're cherry-picking shooting percentages from his freshman year when he was the third or fourth scoring option and comparing them to years when he has been the primary option. If you don't think he's improved offensively, you're just being disingenuous.

View attachment 147359
What has he done better offensively?
I have already said he has gotten to the FT line more.
The guy is by far our best offensive player it doesn’t mean the coaching staff has developed him. I think the fact the kid was a 5 star talent explains why he has been good.
What skills have the coaches developed.
Gbinije I can listen what he improved from his first year to his third year.
You can think what you want and disagree with others. It’s all subjective.

So Providence and Syracuse couldn’t make Chuckwu a good offensive player? Hmmm...maybe it’s not just the Syracuse staff then.
Agreed. He wasn't brought here for offense. Nor has he provided any.

Its a problem when you combine it with our fans seemingly putting every friggen decent freshmen in the NBA lottery. We are almost lucky Jalen isn't better because we'd do the same crap with him if he could hit a few threes. The nonsense started with Ennis and is ridiculous whenever someone shows up good from day 1. There are other factors for why guys don't improve but it all starts with them second guessing their decision to not enter the draft (to likely go undrafted.)

Battle’s a good player but he isn’t some lottery SG/Swingman. He suffers from so much ineptitude around him as well. There will be some games he can carry us and/or keep us close and other games where the whole team is just overmatched.
Yeah I agree. The other thing that goes unsaid a lot here is the fact we constantly have players who are not playing their natural position. That is a huge issue

I think this is where the crux of the matter lies, not arguing semantics about player development.

Tyus is a good sometimes great player, who carries us to victory at times but certainly can't solve our problems.

If this thread further devolves into even more personal sniping, it will be locked. Take that to syracuse.com.

What has he done better offensively?
I have already said he has gotten to the FT line more.
The guy is by far our best offensive player it doesn’t mean the coaching staff has developed him. I think the fact the kid was a 5 star talent explains why he has been good.
What skills have the coaches developed.
Gbinije I can listen what he improved from his first year to his third year.
You can think what you want and disagree with others. It’s all subjective.

Well, he’s a better scorer. Does that matter?

So he’s improved but the staff had nothing to do with it? So that means the player can take ownership of getting better on his own? That’s my point.

So Providence and Syracuse couldn’t make Chuckwu a good offensive player? Hmmm...maybe it’s not just the Syracuse staff then.

Nobody said it was singularly.

He's also been here going on his 4th year, he was at Providence for how long?

Well, he’s a better scorer. Does that matter?

So he’s improved but the staff had nothing to do with it? So that means the player can take ownership of getting better on his own? That’s my point.
1545096103435.jpeg

When you go from 8.6 field goal attempts a game to 15.8 field goal attempts a game you would think that going from 11.3 points per game to 19.2 points per game explains it self right?

I mean you don’t read my posts. Usage rate matters and explains the upticks.
Again what has he improved offensively other than FTAs.

View attachment 147360
When you go from 8.6 field goal attempts a game to 15.8 field goal attempts a game you would think that going from 11.3 points per game to 19.2 points per game explains it self right?

I mean you don’t read my posts. Usage rate matters and explains the upticks.
Again what has he improved offensively other than FTAs.
To date, his overall FG percentage has improved significantly this season. I circled it in orange in post #52.

To date, his overall FG percentage has improved significantly this season. I circled it in orange in a previous post.
Okay I will concede the FG percentage is better. Atleast you brought something but I don’t think that has to do with player development. To be honest and I think even you would concede having Hughes which is another weapon and last year Battle taking tougher low percentage shots he was forced to do last year in games hurt his shooting percentage.
I don’t see much difference in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom