Very gutsy 4th and 1 call in the 4th quarter by Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Very gutsy 4th and 1 call in the 4th quarter by Marrone

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Down 33-24 if we go for a FG there, I don't think we win this game with the way we were letting Daniels run. Don't think Marrone makes that call in previous years. I think he has really evolved as a COLLEGE head football coach.

I made the same comment in my house. Marrone made lot of high reward decisions this game; even going for it at 4th and goal down 13-3 before the procedure penalty and the tidal shift. Even though that didn't work out as intended, I love it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Marrone made lot of high reward decisions this game; even going for it at 4th and goal down 13-3 before the procedure penalty and the tidal shift.
Really? Wow.

Great stuff.

It wasn't a gutsy call, it was just the correct one.

Hope he keeps it up.

You absolutely can't go for the field goal there. 1) it wasn't a chippy, 2) even if it was we already missed a chippy, 3) it's one yard. Play the %'s and get the most points possible.

It wasn't a gutsy call, it was just the correct one.

Hope he keeps it up.
I liked the call, but don't think it was a no-brainer. I could have seen the logic of making it a one-score game by kicking a FG. If we went for it on 4th and 1, I don't think everyone would have thought it was a no-brainer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom