Very Interesting: | Syracusefan.com

Very Interesting:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
A small group of business owners is in the process of setting up a go fund me page to help raise about $2m for HCFB for University NIL. If I understood the presentation correctly, there is already about $1.8M paid/pledged.

Evidently the school can pay up to $40k per athlete for use of the Student Athlete's NIL. (I will learn more).

HCFB told them with the right funding, he can bring in top 10 classes.

If approved by SU, either I will be able to give a link of where to contribute or provide info of who you can contact.

Probably 4-6 weeks out, as SU is involved in the approval process.

A small group of business owners is in the process of setting up a go fund me page to help raise about $2m for HCFB for University NIL. If I understood the presentation correctly, there is already about $1.8M paid/pledged.

Evidently the school can pay up to $40k per athlete for use of the Student Athlete's NIL. (I will learn more).

HCFB told them with the right funding, he can bring in top 10 classes.

If approved by SU, either I will be able to give a link of where to contribute or provide info of who you can contact.

Probably 4-6 weeks out, as SU is involved in the approval process.
I don’t get the second paragraph. Are you saying the school can fund up 40k to a kids NIL? Or Fran can draw that much as part of an offer?

Wow, I believe when we start winning and bringing in the best recruits that we can, that , we won't need to spend that much. (we can't, we don't have it. lol) We have something new and special here, that some of the best players will want to be part of it. I know one thing, we have some of the best coaches out there

Wow, I believe when we start winning and bringing in the best recruits that we can, that , we won't need to spend that much. (we can't, we don't have it. lol) We have something new and special here, that some of the best players will want to be part of it. I know one thing, we have some of the best coaches out there
Who knows how much money we can raise. Especially if we start winning

I love your mindset but the paying for players will continue and wont slow down. If you really think these players we’ve gotten this winter want to just come up north and play for Fran, ummm ya idk what to tell ya. It’s not going to slow down. Didnt slow down for Alabama, Ohio st, Georgia and its kicking Clemson’s ass right now because their HC doesnt want to fully embrace it

I don’t get the second paragraph. Are you saying the school can fund up 40k to a kids NIL? Or Fran can draw that much as part of an offer?
That’s what was said. The schools can pay that.

Respectfully, that is naive. Do people want to go to the Lakers or Yankees for less money because they win?

I saw that Ohio State spent $13,000,000 on its class.

and from what I heard, it was spent more to pull players away from other teams rather than to fill their needs.

I love your mindset but the paying for players will continue and wont slow down. If you really think these players we’ve gotten this winter want to just come up north and play for Fran, ummm ya idk what to tell ya. It’s not going to slow down. Didnt slow down for Alabama, Ohio st, Georgia and its kicking Clemson’s ass right now because their HC doesnt want to fully embrace it
I didn't say all would come because they want to play for Fran, but I do believe Fran's faith in God and his way he instills it to his players and in his recruiting that he will get some and he did get some without having to pay the huge dollar. And will he get some others for that same reasoning, the answer is yes. And will we still have to fork out big bucks, probably. You will have to pay out some money to these kids but not ALL.iof them will be determine by who will give me the most.

Respectfully, that is naive. Do people want to go to the Lakers or Yankees for less money because they win?
Maybe. If they think it's more about getting recognized and prepared to cash in on 1st round draft pick money. Then again, if other schools that can provide the same things are willing to pony up, why not go to the highest bidder?

I think when we do get good u will always spend that sadly.

Insane.

It just does not seem sustainable.
I don't know. That's less that one star NFL player's salary. It all depends on how rich and crazy the boosters are. Given that we're seeing some schools raise $100 million in the drop of a hat for facilities, it may be sustainable for a select few. It won't work if you want to have an interesting college sports landscape that keeps fans across the whole country interested, however.

I don't know. That's less that one star NFL player's salary. It all depends on how rich and crazy the boosters are. Given that we're seeing some schools raise $100 million in the drop of a hat for facilities, it may be sustainable for a select few. It won't work if you want to have an interesting college sports landscape that keeps fans across the whole country interested, however.
Yes, it very well may be sustainable for a select few. But that will impact what makes college athletics interesting – the widespread competition.

Yes, it very well may be sustainable for a select few. But that will impact what makes college athletics interesting – the widespread competition.
When the tax man comes for his share, and congress starts investigating these elite schools, and they lose their tax exemption.
There are too many colleges and states that would be left out for Congress and the courts not to get involved.
And when Congress gets involved, the big shots at the networks will be testifying before Congress, and be forced to turn over records, and conversations, texts, emails, and other data.

Just seems to me that if it’s all coming from individuals, eventually the money will run out.

At some point, it has to be paid from a revenue model.

But what do I know. I’m likely applying logic that says no one would constantly spend their money like this. At least for the bigger donors. But maybe I’m underestimating just how important college football national championships are to their satisfaction in life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom